Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananya Ghitale
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ananya GhitaleYour feedback matters!
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please suggest.
My mind isn't in my control. Always negative in any issue. Always thinking about unwanted past. If anyone talking to me, I don't have focus & i act like listening. The result is not understanding anything. I think my mind stops moving forward about thinking on my issues. I think my IQ is very low. I won't get sleep until night 2: 30 or 3: 00 am I always be in depressed mood. This encourage me to watch porn. Sometimes I think I should go anywhere leaving all. I am thinking about my parents. HELP ME!
Getting hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically, these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again too much thinking, causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality.
Hi. I'm facing some strange issue with my consciousness, thoughts, etc. In daily routine. Listed as below: 1) forget minor things, and need efforts to remember. 2) don't feel things around me consciously until I give efforts at looking them, 3) have forgot the past things consciously, need to think very consciously to remember, due to which loss of remembering the past small things which have learnt. 4) things happened just before 2 months, seems once upon a time and opposite sometimes. Its like feeling of time and period is not in order. 5) not able to reason, and use my intellectual in work due to my internal mental situation felt inside. 6) think deeply for a small thing and moving on to endless other thoughts and imagination. 7) no change in mood most often, no happiness, no sadness, no worries, no enthusiasm, carelessness for a particular thing, lost interest, laziness etc. I have been addicted to alcohol since used to have two 750 ml bottle every weekend. However it's now cut down to 2 bottles a month since 1.5 months. I have habit of smoking cigarettes, and also 2-4 puffs of weed every night dat is the days I don't consume alcohol. I have been in a lonely mode since few years, like no socialising with people, and now I feel odd being social due to my behavior, and I become self conscious, while doing the same. My current diet is simple home made food, green tea with lemon juice and honey in morning, 2-3 small cups of coffee or tea per day. I'm not facing any issues with my appetite or digestion, or any other physical issues. I want to know the reason and solution to current mental situation, as I'm not liking the feeling of what I'm feeling now inside. I want an advice how to work this out.
Sex issue. I am not able to penetrate for more than a min. I some daily n even I consume alcohol. I am 24 years old. My girlfriend is not happy with our sex life.
I have stammering problem and I am not slept well daily. So my eye also not shown clearly. I have depression also. I want to like all persons but my life is full struggling. I am hating my life totally . I want to become very famous lawyer. Now I am studying law. Please help me some tips give me
I panic whenever somebody give me some task. How to overcome that panic so I concentrate on the task.
With today's lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say NO to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.