Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. AnandYour feedback matters!
I have chest pain for last 3 years, I took ecg, blood tests, and echo scan also. All reports r normal, I consulted cardiologist also, what else may be the reason for frequent chest pain.
I have high bp. Diabetic & obesity ( wt. 96 kgs) my age is 50 years & height 5 ft 8 inches suggest me mininum dose of generic tabs
My Dad's heartbeat at this point in time is 155+ & the same time he had a problem of burps at the same time.And now what happened yesterday evening,he had some pain in his heart yesterday.Please guide me how to go about it as I am not that medical literate.
As per the last medical test done as per my company policy, my Cholesterol is 203.28, Triglycerides is 285.99, HDL is 37.2, LDL is 125.22, Cholesterol - VLDL is 40.86. It seems these are on a higher side. While some have advised medications, I do not want to be under continued medication but willing to do some lifestyle changes and exercise regime. Kindly advise.
I'My 33 years. Main childhood se hi bhut thin huin . Bhukh bhut kam lagti hai. Weight 45 kg hai. 14-15 year phle masterbation ki habit ho gayi thi. Dr. Heart related bhi problem bataie hai. Ek heart valve minor leakege hai. Kya sex problem or heart problem ke karn mera weight nahi increase ho raha hai. Pls Reply.
Angioplasty not recommended by doctor as heart cell dead. Is it OK to survive without risk on medicines.
I am running down with hypertension crisis, working as a casualty medical officer in a private hospital. All the time busy with RTA cases, OP cases. Since 15 days finding very much difficulty. Presently on tablet enace. D 1bd. and since 5 days having insomnia also not taken any anti depressants. My renal profile is in Normal limits. So shall I go for tablet. cilaheart. T (cilinadipine wth telmisartan)please suggest. Actually my cardiologist is out of station. Could you please suggest. Thank you
Hi Sir mere left side ke cheast mein halka sa dard mahsoos hota hai minimum 4 hour for a day. Please give me advise urgent.
I am 25years age. My exam is near and having high tension and feeling restlessness, high heart beating please give me a solution.
I have high cholesterol from last 6 years. But my age is 33 years only. I have tried to maintain my diet and weight. I go to gym and try to stay fit. But I started the cholesterol from one year only. So this is the first time that my cholesterol is under control. My hemoglobin is very high. Some items in haemogram has problems. Pls suggest me regarding my test reports. Thanks.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills.