Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrita Varpe
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amrita VarpeYour feedback matters!
I have pcod can I get pregnant with pcod, I am very tensed, in this may my marriage complete one yr. My husband wants a baby.
Hi Dr. doing sex before 4 years will vagina will be tight because my ex bf cheated me now I am getting marriage so he can know that I am virgin or not because 4 years of gap I didn't used my virgin only I had sex 5 to 6 times please suggest me what should i do?
I masturbated twice amd the fluid of 2nd masturbation was inserted with my finger into my wife's vagina. Not so deep. She was on 4th day of her periods. Will she conceive. Her shortest day is 30 and longest day is 45. Last 2 prds were 29 may and 2nd july. If she will conceive what pills I shd use with less side effects. This happened on 5th july.
Hi I'm 26 year old male we don't have a plan for a baby rite now my wife has pregnant 1 month how to stop pregnancy.
As physiotherapist, we recommend that you carry out physical movements worth 60 minutes everyday to maintain your physical health.
Hello. I took unwanted 72 on 5, my date was on 17,1 bleed irregularly on 10 and 12 not in continuous way. Then I started bleeding on 14 in regular motion but bleeding is lighter than I usually have. So this is my periods? What was that irregular blood on 10 and 12? Still is there any chances of getting pregnant? Is this lighter bleeding ok? Do I need to do anything else for my next periods? Please answer as it will be of great importance doctors.
My bf fingered me and I gave him a hand job both done simultaneously (but no sex) on 29 March. Last period was on 13 march. My cycle lasts for 30 days. And last month my period lasted for three days. Today I'm 1 day late. Am I pregnant or is it just late period? How many more days should I wait to take a home pregnancy test?
Not being able to conceive a child can be one of the biggest problems for a woman. Infertility also includes not being able to carry a baby full term. Infertility can have a single cause or can be the result of a combination of factors. In most cases, infertility can be treated but in order to do this, it is essential to first understand the underlying cause of infertility.
Let's take a look at some of the things that could be keeping you from getting pregnant:
- Damaged Fallopian Tubes: Pelvic inflammatory disease can cause inflammation in the fallopian tubes and damage or block them. It can also be the result of a sexually transmitted disease. A blocked fallopian tube will not allow the egg to reach the uterus from the ovaries and hence does not allow you to get pregnant.
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs and can also thicken the lining of the uterus. Excessive stress and a sudden change in weight can disrupt the production of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone leading to irregular or absent periods.
- Cervical and Uterine Trouble: This includes abnormalities like fibroids and polyps in the uterus and abnormally shaped uterus. These fibroids could block the fallopian tubes or interfere with the implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Endometriosis: This is a condition where the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus. It can affect the functioning of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus thus interfering with your chances of conceiving a baby.
Treatment: Treatment for infertility depends on how long you've been infertile, age, the cause of infertility and your preferences.
Some of the ways it can be treated are:
- Fertility Drugs: Fertility drugs are of many types and are often the first step in treating infertility. If the infertility is caused by ovulation disorders, fertility drugs can help regulate or induce ovulation.
- Surgery: Polyps and fibroids that are preventing pregnancy can be removed surgically to treat infertility triggered by them. It can also be used to treat intrauterine scars.
- Intrauterine Insemination: This involves the placement of healthy sperm cells directly in the uterus and is timed to match the release of eggs from the ovaries. This can be used in combination with fertility drugs.
- Assisted Reproductive: In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common assisted reproductive technique. This involves collecting eggs and sperm from the women and man and fertilizing the egg with the sperm cells in a laboratory. This fertilized embryo is then implanted in the uterus.