Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Urologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Treatment of Urinary Tract Problems
Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Treatment of Blood in Semen
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Bladder Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Amolkumar PatilYour feedback matters!
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment for chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine.
Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.
My mother has 65 years I was testing the report in thyrocare creatinine_ serum photometer value 1.17 mg/dl normal range 0.5_0.8 how many days she got normal. And what is other test to required. Can you help me.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
My wife is suffering with gas problem. In her last sonogram fibroid found in uterus. Doctor asking it's nothing to worry. She was on medication, but problem starts again, when she completed. Sometimes before, someone (who was performing reiki) told that it's intestine problem. My wife has abnormal period & heavy bleeding history, before marriage. She is overweight & under treatment at anjali mukerjee weight loss programmer.. Please guide.
Hi Dr. My wife is 4 month pregnant and have stones in both kidneys and one 11 mm stone block the urine in left kidney. But at that time she is fine if any time she gets pain which pain killer recommended to used for pain relief in pregnancy.
My baby's genital area turned red and paediatrician said it was diaper rash. He prescribed Mintonia syrup 2.5 ml daily and Candiderma + cream to be applied after each urine. He is 7 months old. Is it safe to take these medicines?
Hi, I am Dr Sarwar Eqbal. I am Urologist and I hav done MBBS in the year 1999, MS in General surgeon in 2002. Later I have done snior residency in Urology from reputed Insitute of Delhi. Then I have done the urology in kidney transplant in Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi, in the year of 2008. I am working as a consultant urologist from last 8 years. And I would have attached to reputed hospitals in the Delhi NCR region.
Today I am going to talk about the major problem which people are facing in Delhi, that is, Urolithiasis or Kidney stones. The kidney stone issue has become very commonin the Delhi-NCR region. Out of 8-10 cases of OPD, we a can see 5-6 cases of kidney stone, and it is more common in male. The most common cause we see is an inadequate hydrateion body because of which there occur crystallization of urine which sediments in kidney and become stones later on. So , you have to be more carefull about your health. This kind of problem is very common in summers because of the sweating, there is a lack of water in the body which gets precipitated in the kidney and takes the shape of a stone.
Stone is one of the common cause of destruction or damage of the kidney world wide. So, what we do in case of the kidney stone?
The first thing is the awareness. They should know the cause of kidney stones, or how it can be checked or prevented. So, keep yourself hydrated throughout the summer. You are supposed to have that much amount of water which can make you produce atleast 2 litres of urine pe day.
In certain cases, it is very common amongst the family. May be in the family, or may be related to some kind of food which is very common, specially the non veg which may cause urinary stones.
Now, let us come to the different kind of stones which is vry common all around India;
- Oxalate stone
- Ureteral stones and the other stone
Now, what does these Kidney stones cause?
These types of stones are formed in the kidney and they grow with time and they can take the size of the stone, ehrein they are called size of the kidney. So they start forming in the kidney. If proper precautions are not taken , they can take the shape of the kidney and can enlarge to the kidney size. This is called staghorn calculus, which can cause complete destruction of kidney and leads to kidney failure. When the stone size is small, they can cause obstruction of the kidney at certain point, like the pigeon of the kidney is the common cause of obstruction, which leads to swelling in the kidney, pain, infection. If it is not treated on time, it can cause complete damage to kidney permanently. They can trickle down to uretor. Uretor is a line that connects kidney and the urinary bladder. So, they can obstruct the uretor at any point of kidney upto the bladder level. This can cause urinary chronic which is a severe pain associated with Nausea, vomiting, burning sensations and also sometimes can cause blood in the urine. If it is not treated on time, it can lead to complete destruction of kidney.
Sometimes these stones enetrs the urinary bladder and can choke the urethera. Due to this, patients may have some problem in passing urine, which is called obstruction of the retention of urine for which we may require catheterization and later the removal of the stone.
What are the modality in the treatment of kidney stones?
The size and position of the stone.
The management depends on the stone size and the location. If the size of the stone is < 1 cm and lies anywhere inside the kidney. Then the treatment procedure is very simple, which is known as ESWL lithotripsy. It requires some small waves targeting the stones which makes the stone pulverised (sand like) and expelled out through the urine itself. But if the stone size is big, like more than 1 cm or 1.5 cm, then the choice of treatment will be miniperc. And if the size of the stone is < 1.5 cm and the patient is not ready for ESWL. Because ESWL requires some staging, then the other great option is RIRS, which is known as the Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery.
In RIRS, we put the endocscope through urinary passage and break the stone through laser. The fragments are taken out from the kidney itself. The patient does not require any kind of incision, not even the button hole incision. When the stone is inside the ureter, then the treatment of choice is URS, which is called Ureteroscopy. If the stone is inside the bladder, then the treatment procedure will be Laser lithotipsy. In this process, we pass the endoscope through the bladder and pulverise the stone and take out the fragments through it.
If you have any such problem. Like stones in the kidney or ureter or bladder, you can contact me through Lybrate.