Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Amol TalaulikarYour feedback matters!
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.
My left is getting shivering like blinking past from 2 weeks. It blinks after every 10mins is there any solution to this problem.
Hi I have allergenic asthma and minor migraine rarely. But from last year I came to observe a kind of white layer or blur in my right eye after an asthma period. I used laptop alot thosedays as it was my exam times. I still dont get a clear idea about disturb in eye. And I have been feeling some awkardness in my right year like something closing my ear. I often have headache in that area and sometimes after masturbation. Can anyone describe?
I have migraine problem from last 6 years and i'm taking Tab rizact 5 and Tab Nexdom 250 when ever I feel migraine pain.
I am 22 years old. I have migraine. I take 4-6 disprin in a week. 2 disprin per headache. People's says its bad for lever. What should I do?
Migraine is a kind of a headache. It is a derivative of the word ‘hemicranias’, meaning side headaches. However, it is not just sided headaches. It can be present in the entire head. It is characterised by a throbbing and pulsating pain.
Symptoms of Migraine Headaches-
The pain in this disease may last for hours or even days. The nature of the pain is episodic. It occurs every once in awhile. Its frequency varies from patient to patient. There may be longer gaps between the occurrences of two episodic pains. While some patient might get relief by taking a simple nap or sleep for hours, others may have a tougher time to tackle. Most patients cannot bear light during the pain and prefer staying in darker places. The pain is preceded by certain symptoms, including flashes of light, temporary blindness or tingling sensation in the limbs. These symptoms are experienced by few, while others might not have these symptoms at all.
What Causes Migraine?
The exact cause of migraine is still unknown. There are however some factors that may trigger the headaches. The most important of all these factors is stress. Any form of mental stress can initiate a headache in all patients of this disease. Other factors include exposure to sun rays, improper sleep and staying hungry than usual. Loud noise is also responsible in some cases.
Homoeopathy For Migraine Headaches-
One must understand the difference between relief and cure from migraine headaches. There are patients who take pills to get relief from the pain. These are simple painkillers. They might have been doing this for years. But these pills provide temporary relief from the pain. There are a number of home-based remedies that people take up to get relief from the pain. Patients adjust with the pain and learn to live with it. It is difficult for them to believe that their life can ever get rid of this pain permanently. However, it is possible in homeopathy.
Homeopathic treatment not only provides relief but it works to cure the disease permanently. Homeopathy doesn’t support the use of painkillers or in short cut ways of treatment. It goes deeper to find out the root cause and eradicate the tendency in a permanent basis. The homeopathic medicines take time in showing results but work best in the long run.
There are a number of homeopathic medicines to cure the disease. But here are some of the most effective ones:
Note: It is always best to consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any medicine. There are several other medicines available too. So, your doctor will know what suits you the best, depending upon your symptoms.