Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Amol PanditYour feedback matters!
Male pattern baldness and other kinds of baldness can turn out to be a pesky affair that also eventually might have a bearing on your confidence level. A hair transplant is an excellent way of dealing with this issue. This method usually takes the hair follicles from the donor site and implants them on the scalp where male pattern balding has set in. While this is an effective and commonly used process, it also comes with minor scars and other issues. There are many things which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things.
- Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
- Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
- Physical Activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
- Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp in general must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
- Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.
There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex with my wife on the 5 th day of periods when she was not bleeding. As I was not using any protection she had to have ipill. Now her date has crossed more than 11 days and she is not getting her periods. Checked the pregnancy test and it was negative. Need to know is it because of the pills or something else is wrong?
I lost somebody very close to me and I fell very depressed from last year if you have any suggest please help me.
I am suffering from cold from 2 weeks. What should I do to get cured. I have to go to the office but I feel tired all the tym what should I do?
I am suffering from back pain from last 6 years. I have been using nicip 100 mg tablet half a day from last 5 years. What precautions need to take to reduce the side effects of this tablet? What may be the side effects?
My medication is not working. I have been through therapuetic analysis but it did not work. I have rage attacks although I am on medication help please.
I am losing my hairs quickly since childhood I started masturbation since 14 now I am 16 and my hairs are losing and on early stage hairs arebgrown on my face legs and hands what is the problem.
I had sex one week ago. I have a 28 days menstrual cycle. Though some times my period occurs 2-3days earlier or later than the expected date. Last month my period started on 3rd june. And my expected next period starting day is on 1st july. But, now I am having a creamy white vaginal discharge. Does that mean that I have got pregnant?
Increased hairfall rough and damage hair with a dull texture numerous split ends consult me a shampoo.
I am losing my weight. And I used more medicine for growth but there is no use. Kindly give to me the suggestion?
My tummy has increased within last 2 months. All my trousers have become very tight at waist. How can I reduce my tummy.
I have thin hair and less density. Now-a-days I am getting a lot of dandruff and also pimple kind of things on my scalp. It hurts when peeled or touched. Also whenever I massage now I get 10-15 hair strands every time on my hands. This does not use to happen earlier. What should I do to prevent this? I use patanjali kesh kanti shampoo, that also is not effective.
I suffering from hair fall, daily morning my hair skin itching. I use hair fall shampoo daily and Trichup oil once in a week, it reduces my itching problem but not my hair fall. My age is 28 and I am male please suggest me oil and medicine thanks
Fructose a sugar common in the western diet can damage hundreds of brain genes in a way that could lead to a range of diseases from diabetes to cardiovascular disease and from Alzheimer's to attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.