Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
My friend had protected sex last saturday and her period is late. She is a student and does not wish to become a mother now. What should she do?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Cause: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
My breast size is too small as compare my age is there any solution to increase my breast size. I have one more problem, past 2 month continuously blood is coming from my vagina. Actually my periods is not regular before 2 month it missed i. E. Why I took zero fat tablet as per Dr. Prescription. Because of this my weight is also increasing and on my face some hair is growing. What shall I do please suggest me.
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients which play an absolutely pivotal role in protecting your body from a number of diseases and disorders, such as flu and colds. Additionally, it helps in boosting the body's calcium synthesis abilities, in rebuilding of damaged blood vessels and bones as well as tissue repair and boosting of overall immunity of the body. It is an essential part of the diet and should not be overlooked in any case.
Some of the major foods, which are a rich source of Vitamin C are as follows:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits, including limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, grapefruits etc. are one of the most popular sources of vitamin C in the world, and are laden with a high number of good properties.
- Strawberries: One of the healthiest and tastiest berries, strawberries are not only rich in vitamin C, they are rich in fiber and antioxidants as well. They help in protecting the heart from excessive cholesterol and in reducing levels of oxidative stress.
- Papayas: One of the most excellent sources of vitamin C, papayas have been known to supply almost 100% of your daily Vitamin C needs in a single serving. Additionally, they are also a great source of Vitamin A.
- Kiwis: Research has found that levels of vitamin C found in kiwis are substantially higher than oranges; something which makes this New Zealand native one of the most lucrative vitamin C options on the planet. Additionally, kiwis have also been found to improve the functioning of the respiratory tract in children as well as adults and are also rich in flavonoids and minerals like potassium.
- Guavas: One guava contains over 250mg of vitamin C, which is approximately twice the amount of what your body requires daily. Apart from being a storehouse of vitamin C, it is also rich in folic acid, dietary fiber and minerals like manganese and potassium.
- Melons: Melons such as cantaloupe not only supply a high quantity of vitamin C, they are also rich in potassium and vitamin A. Other melons like watermelons also provide you with almost 112% of your regular Vitamin C requirements.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes, irrespective of whether they are bright red or sun dried, provide almost 170% of your daily Vitamin C requirements in only one serving.
Related Tip: "3 Symptoms to Identify Vitamin D Deficiency"
I'm 30 years old female n had pregnant for 3 times but unfortunately my 1st child got died within 5 days due to Pneumonia and other I got mis carriage in 2nd month. This time im in my 3rd month and done USG but it showing no heartbeats for the fetus, they found foetalpole inside the sac and irregular sac in uterine cavity. Doctor suggested to abort this. But I do not want to loose this and is there any chances if i'll do USG once again after 2 weeks or is there any problem with me. Pl advise.
Hi doctor my last menses date was 10 July its 1 1/2 month now today I have done pregnancy test and it comes +ve. Please help me I dont want baby at this stage.
What is spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the gaps in the spine or the backbone is called as spinal stenosis. This leads to pressure on the nerves and the spinal cord. 5% of cases of spinal stenosis are seen in the low back of the lumbar spine. In some cases the narrowing of the spine leads to the compressing of the nerve root, which leads to pain in the leg.
Causes of spinal stenosis: It can be caused by aging, arthritis, trauma to the spine, spondylolisthesis and tumor of the spine
Symptoms of spinal stenosis: There is constant pain in the back and legs as stenosis pinches the nerve responsible for sensation and muscle power. Other symptoms are numbness and tingling in the legs, frequent falling and pain while walking.
Treatment of spinal stenosis:
- A routine program with exercises and physical therapy are the best treatment for spinal stenosis. The exercises are not a complete cure but they are beneficial in keeping the patient active. A physical therapy can be supervised and once the period of the same is over people easily transition to the exercise program. The key for exercise is starting slowly in order to build strength.
- Generally, the patients are counseled not to perform strenuous activities as that might worsen the symptoms of spinal stenosis. In case of lumbar stenosis, patients find it comfortable when they are flexed forward. The doctor might recommend walking while being bent over and leaning when using a walker if not walking upright; sitting in recliners is also recommended instead of straight back chairs.
- Injections of cortisone are usually given in the epidural space. This is believed to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis temporarily. Though there have been studies which question the use of these injections as they lead to the risk of osteoporosis related fractures. This is still being pondered over by the doctors as a suitable treatment option as it has its own benefits and risks.
- Medications such as the anti inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are helpful in controlling the symptoms of spinal stenosis. Narcotic drugs might also prove to be helpful if used with care and for a short while. This is helpful for severe pain related to the nerves. Muscle relaxants like gabapentins might also be recommended. In some case antidepressants might also be given to provide relief from pain.
Though side effects are a concern when using these medications and the patient should let the doctor knows about their allergies.
*2 Glasses Of Water After Waking Up - Helps Activate Internal Organs
*1 Glass of Water 30 Minutes Before a Meal - Helps Digestion
*1 Glass of Water Before taking a bath/shower - Helps Lower Blood Pressure
*1 Glass of water before Going to Bed - Avoids Stroke or Heart Attack
I have pcod. How to overcome that and medications and proper guidance for weight loss. Please advise.
Hi I am navdeep kaur. 25 years old. I am married. My mensus period is 40-45 days from last 2-3 years even when I was unmarried. Please tell me suggestion.
I am 47 years old 2 years before my wife operated for carcinoma since than we are not having sex now can we have safer sex although she refuses to have sex it's advise able to have safer sex with her although every time she refuses pls advise what should I do.
Yesterday I had done sex with my bf without any precautions but during sex bleeding was started. Is this will be the chances of coming period or something else? Also tell me that weather their will be any chance of pregnancy or not and if yes may I take I pill to avoid pregnancy. Please suggest me.
Today I use make up. After that my skin burnt. What to do. Tmrw is my shadi. How can I treat it fast. And small acne pimple came. And around my mouth and nose it burns. Kya karu.
I am male have one child trying for second one But wife not conceiving She had done test for thyroid sugar but nothing she has Trying since 3 month.
Mere wife ko mc timing ka problem hai ayurvedik medicine bhi chala kar dekh liya thik nahi ho raha hai age 22year hai & 1 child hai 3.5yrs ka, wait bhi jyada ho gaya hai 70kg above.
I am having pain at lower spinal area and sometimes in the vaginally. Also I am not having periods for last 6 months after delivery. Is it harmful? I have a cesarean delivery.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.