Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amol A. BidkarYour feedback matters!
Hi , i urinated in red colour( only once ) This is the first time. And i am panicked. I drunk pomogrenet juice mixed with beetroot in empty stomach. Is it because of that or because of sitting long hours sitting infront of computer ?
I feel lot of pain in the back and abdomen during PMS and periods. Also I feel nauseated and don't wish to eat anything. I got one screening done but everything came out to be normal. I suffer heavy flow and blood clots too. Weight is decreasing and hair fall is too much.
Doctor, I had taken Ipill on 3rd may (which was the 14th day of my cycle). I have not experienced any spotting or bleeding till now. My next due date is 20th May. I have been having low backache since a week or so, light headache, creamy discharge and also a weight gain of 400 gms after Friday last week. Does these signs indicate any risk? I am a bit worried.
Sir I am 2nd month pregnant and I want to know that whether I should take some medicines for a healthy baby or I should go for fruits n healthy diet. As I have read in many articles that medicine during first 3 months of pregnancy should be avoided. Please suggest.
Infertility is a condition that refers to the inability to conceive, even after regularly having unprotected sex for a period of 6 months at least. In most cases, infertility may also refer to the biological inability of a person to contribute to the process of conception; or to a woman who is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to its full term.
There are several causes behind infertility; but taking the current lifestyle of the people into account, stress and a sedentary lifestyle are emerging as major factors behind this condition.
How do stress and a sedentary lifestyle cause infertility?
1. Stress: Stress is turning into a major cause of infertility, esp. in women. A research carried out by Emory University observed 16 women between their mid 20s-30s, with normal weights for a period of 6 months to come to this conclusion. It found out that each of these women did not get their periods for the 6 months under observation due to high amounts of cortisol (stress hormone) in their body. Each of these women had really hectic work lifestyles, which indicated that women with stressful jobs are at a higher risk of experiencing infertility due to stress.
In fact, both the partners, when going through a period of stress, are unable to conceive. However, during periods when they felt good, their chances of having a baby increased dramatically.
2. A Sedentary Lifestyle: Again, more of a risk factor for women than men.
Amongst women, a sedentary lifestyle during teenage causes hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles more commonly seen in PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder - the development of multiple small cysts in the ovary) patients, which is a major cause for infertility.
As for men, those with a sedentary lifestyle generally tend to be overweight or obese, which can lead to low sperm quality. This, in turn, can significantly reduce a couple’s chances of conceiving.
What can do you to prevent infertility?
1. Stay Active: Acupressure, regular exercising, daily brisk walking, practicing yoga and meditation are some of the ways by which you can alleviate the problem of infertility. Each of these activities help in improving the flow of blood to your reproductive organs, which helps in the release of toxins from the body. They also help in enhancing the movement of the pelvic region and in reducing any type of inflammation and pain in the area, thereby increasing your chances of conceiving. The added benefit of practicing these is a significant reduction in your stress levels.
2. Eat Right: Diet too plays a major role. Certain foods are known to boost your fertility, while maintaining proper hormonal balance and reducing the chances of miscarriage. Foods like cold water fish, raw dairy, eggs, tomatoes and dark leafy greens among others should be a part of your daily diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
For most people, the natural progression of life includes meeting a suitable partner, getting married and having children. However, for some people, this last part can be tricky. The inability to conceive children after having well timed, unprotected intercourse for a year is known as infertility. Infertility is not a disease, but can be managed in a number of ways, including hormonal treatment, in vitro fertilization, surgery and homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root of the problem and hence is a viable form of treatment for this condition. It treats the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of a person. Homoeopathy treats infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation cycles
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing sperm count
- Reducing stress
- Dealing with anxiety and depression
- Reducing negative thoughts and emotions
The key to treating infertility is to determine the cause of this condition. To this effect you and your partner may need to be tested for hormonal problems, the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterine fibroids and sperm density. The results of these tests and your constitution will determine the best form of homeopathic treatment for you. Some homeopathic remedies used to treat infertility are:
- Sepia: This homeopathic remedy is useful in cases where the woman has a tendency to miscarry the fetus. It can also be used to treat a prolapsed uterus and vagina and to regulate ovulation. It can also be prescribed to enhance a man’s libido.
- Sabina: Women suffering from recurrent miscarriages may be treated with Sabina especially in cases where the miscarriage occurs in the third month of pregnancy. It is also prescribed in cases where periods are profuse and bright red in colour, and for women who suffer from inflammation of the ovaries and uterus after an abortion.
- Aurum: Infertility triggered by depression, and negativity can be treated with this homeopathic medicine. It is also beneficial in cases where an increased blood pressure is responsible for infertility. Additionally, it can help treat an enlarged or prolapsed uterus and painful swelling of the testicles.
- Phosphorus: If uterine polyps are the root cause of your infertility, phosphorus biochemic supplements can be beneficial. This supplement is also used in cases where anxiety and stress cause infertility.
These homeopathic remedies can be used on their own or in combination with other medicines. When it comes to homoeopathy, there is no one-size-fits-all remedy. Although it has negligible side effects, you should not self medicate to treat infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello, am 22 weeks pregnant now. Today I had a TIFA scan. Doctor said that baby had a thin nasal bone. Is it serious. How can I overcome this problem.
Sir I am married, male age 36. I have taking TB treatment from last 4 month. I have feel feet now. I have girlfriend and she is married. So Can I do sex with her without condom? There will be any chance of aids?
I had sex with my bf on 10th day after my periods and I took unwanted 72 within 23 hours after 14 days my periods come still there is any chance of being getting pregnant.
I did sex with my wife on her 8th day of period bt unfortunately the condom leaked is there any chance of getting pregnancy. We do not want child now.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.