Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. AmodYour feedback matters!
I am very boring feel everyday and mind disturb to every points feel so I am very boring feel all day.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle-related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Doctor, I suffered with severe negative thoughts and I do not have presence of mind for many days. I consulted a Doctor and a Toni for general weakness is given. After using for 2 days. I had proper sleep and able to concentrate on my work. I used it for 15 to 20 days. I stopped it for 1 day and again in the sleep I am getting negative thoughts and got up from the sleep. Kindly give me te advice on how to take the treatment for this. And is Weakness causing me this situation?
What are the foods/supplementary dietary products that could enhances brain power. Please suggest me.
Why I always think about future always And always think that why is human made and why all planets made and why fear of love. what should i do ?
I am 55 years old. Taking antidepressants, antianxiety, sleeping medicines since 1980 i. E. Last 35 years. Have no interest in anthing, sleep too much. Can not do any hard work, can not even concentrate properly to any matter. Can not mix with people, suffer from inferiority at work place, colleagues are getting promotions and going up, I do not get promotion. Do not get respect from others. Suffer from inferiority complx. Even I think of suiciding. Question: how to remain better? how to get cured forget past and lead normal life?
I forget things very quickly and frequently. Like while talking I forget what would I have to say. After entering the room I forget for which purpose I came. Do I need a neurologist. Or it is a common problem
My love left me alone and chose his own path. But I am mad about him. Not even a second I can stop thinking of him. I keep crying all the time. How to forget him.
My boyfriend cheated me 4 years ago. But I still cannot get over it. Day by day I am going into depression. I am in a new relationship now. But I still cannot forget my past. Can you please help me?
Lack of sleep is the most common cause. Too little restful sleep can also lead to mood changes and anxiety, which in turn can contribute to memory impairment.
Many drugs can affect memory, which includes tranquilizers, antidepressants, blood pressure drugs and anti–allergic drugs.
Low functioning thyroid can affect memory.
Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short–term memory.
Stress and anxiety can lead to memory impairment. Both can interfere with attention and block the formation of new memory or retrieval of old memories.
Forgetfulness can be a sign of depression or a consequence of it.
If you are vegetarian, vitamin B12 deficiency can loss memory impairment