Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amod BodkarYour feedback matters!
I am fed up with my problems. They never end. Go to satsang also. Feel very nice but after few days I feel horrible. I can't feel for anyone. Can't stand my close relative also.
Y do I exist? I want to die now .it's been 3 years I am in depression nd been 1 year on medication. Now may be time is to attempt suicide. Is there any reason which can stop me from attempting suicide?
She always having a complaint of body pain for that she is taking combiflam which is not good for the body and she also have b. P. So what to do so her this problem get solved.
Hi I am 49 yrs old. I have a unwanted fear.I should come out from this. Because of this am not able to eat properly. So I have lost my weight.
Sir. Iam 28 years old now iam suffering from depression. What are the medicine for those problem. Please reply.
Dependent Personality Disorder
Dependent personality disorder (dpd) is one of a cluster of disorders defined by symptoms of anxiety and fear. The specific, identifying symptoms include:
- being emotionally dependent on others; feeling they can’t take care of themselves
- investing a lot of time and effort in trying to please significant people
- displaying clingy, passive and needy behavior
- avoiding disagreements for fear of losing approval and support
- experiencing separation anxiety and intense fear of abandonment
- finding it hard to be alone
- putting the needs of others before their own
- tolerating mistreatment and abuse for fear of disapproval and abandonment
- being crushed, and feeling helpless, when relationships end – and forming new relationships as soon as possible
- being unable to make even the simplest decision without the input and reassurance of others
- rarely taking the initiative
- avoiding personal responsibility
- avoiding responsible jobs and careers that require independent, autonomous functioning
- being over-sensitivity to criticism
- feeling negative and pessimistic; expecting to disappoint and fail
- having low self esteem and lacking confidence, including a belief that they are unable to care for themselves.
- The cause of disorder is still unclear, and probably includes both a genetic and environmental component. Some researchers have speculated that it could be linked to an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style – which acts as a trigger for a genetic predisposition.
Treatment is usually initially sought for some other problem or concern – such as feeling overwhelmed – so that they can’t cope with life. Also, sufferers will often have a mood disorder so they seek help for depression or anxiety at first.
The normal treatment for this particular disorder is counselling or psychotherapy. However, the emphasis is short term therapy so the person doesn’t form a dependency – and then look to the counsellor to take care of them. Prognosis with support is generally good.
My daughter aged 22 has been suffering from depression for last one year and she is taking Sizodon LS one a day but feel sleepy for full day and still have mood swing. What to do.
I always get mentally depressed. I usually feel my day is always bad everyday. I feel lonely. I got few friends. Nowadays I don't like friendship too. But becoming emotional I feel so lonely. I cry during my sleep at night. I am staying in a pg far from my home. I don't like to be here. All these make me depressed everyday. This is my problem. Could you please tell me what's the solution to come out of my depression?
I used to be an regular smoker, for 2 years but now I'm an occasional smoker I smoke once a week now, and after I smoke I feel slight pain in the right side of the chest I thought it may be due to gastric but after a week today I smoked again and I felt d same pain in the chest while breathing, so I google d reasons and got the results as it is spontaneous pneumothorax, and read it is mostly seen in men who are thin and height and I am both, and I have decided to stop smoke not a single cigarette again I want to know will the pain recur again or shall I consult doctor. Thank you.
HI my name is Ajeet Kumar. I am 21 years old. I am suffered from short term memory. I am try but not useful. What should I do for this. Please suggest me.
My wife and myself facing continuously illness and my friends got success but I remain behind the success so I have always depression what can I do to recover all these things.
Respected sir/madam, I am 22 years male suffering from puberphonia where my voice sounds like female I had consulted ent specialist he suggested for speech therapist but the problem is the speech therapist do no guarantee that how many session will it take and how long will be needed to cure the same. The cost for per session is far more expensive for us. So sir/madam please suggest me for any alternative or any other best doctor for my treatment who can guarantee or give assurance to cure my problem at a minimal budget in mumbai. Eagerly waiting for your reply Thanking in advance.
I lost somebody last year since then I am very depressed and prefer keeping me to myself. Please help me.
I am a 22 year old male. I hve been having nexito forte tablet for last 2 years for my anxiety disorder. Now I am fine but when I try to get rid of the medicine. The symptoms comes back. How to get rid of this medicine? Is it in anyway would be affecting my career? I am also addicted to excessive masturbation. Is it the reason for my low serotonin level. Is it the reason behind my insomnia.
Don’t smoke any cigarettes. Each cigarette you smoke damages your lungs, your blood vessels, and cells throughout your body. Even occasional smoking is harmful.