Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amod BodkarYour feedback matters!
Feeling low confidence. Feel alone .i m in marketing job. I have work pressure as well feeling alone at same time. I feel like. I am not capable to do simple job. How I will survive. Now I am single. If I am not able to justify now. What is guarantee that I will justify to my partner after marriage. Clueless.
I'm 16 years old. I think I might have depression. I lost myself. I started feeling alone from when I was 12 cause my parents used to never talk to me about me. Now my mood swings and my mind fluctuates. I eat a lot of junk food. I'm sleeping more than I usually do. I totally lost concentration in studies. I imagine a lot. I'm stuck with this mind. I have not gone to any doctor. Please help me
Hi doctor, I am very emotional and got the problem like anxiety, palpitation, stress on small issues. So please suggest.
I've always had underlying depression issues. Years fine on Prozac. Then year or so ago I aware not sleeping, anxiety, anger, loss interest in everything. MD said Prozac maxed out for me so then effector (hated it almost suicidal!), cymbalta, lexipro, Zoloft and now supposed to start paxil. I can't keep doing this. I've lost my job, my friends can't listen anymore, I cry all the time and hide in bed 18 hours a day. What do I do? This is no way to live.
Hello, Because of death events taking place in world. I have started thinking that what's the use of life one day we all have to ultimately die and I am suffering from pain and fear of loosing my dear ones. Because God doesn't give us guarantee to provide same family. All these thoughts have messed up my mind and I am not able to focus on my work. Because of pain of losing dear ones I am somewhere loosing faith in God that how can he give such pain to his children. Please help me how to overcome from this mess because its internally disturbing me a lot.
My name Abhishek .I want discuss about my personal addiction. I am addicted of drug tramadol .I want quit it and want to be out from it. Currently I am very much depressed .I am a married man .so I want live my life with my wife very smoothly .please suggest me some alternate for quit it.
I'm 27 year Man. My weight is 97 kg. M over weight at this stage. Im in ta initial stage of high BP and diabetes. I skip my lunch, does every workout, jogging, walking every possible way I could do, 2 reduce my weight but nothing workout instead I gain more n more weight even after all my effort. M very frustrated in my life. Kindly advice me.
The activity of delaying or putting off something is known as procrastination. Even the best individuals battle with it consistently. However, some people accomplish something that the majority of us do not- they push past it. They do not permit it to influence their work. They develop brilliant and beneficial techniques to break past mental obstructions and remain productive. Here are a few ways with which you can beat procrastination:
- Try to start: Starting something can be very difficult. However, in case that you can get over that part, you will have some level of energy. Even your brain will probably goad you to continue dealing with the task. This happens because of a mental phenomenon called the Zeigarnik impact. It says that unfinished tasks will probably stay in your memory. This is exactly why planned things and to-do lists consistently appear in your mind until you finish them.
- Separate huge tasks into smaller assignments: Enormous tasks can frighten you, so you put them off. By taking that huge task and separating it into smaller assignments, you can decrease your burden make a start. This could include concentrating on one part of the research to begin with.
- Ask yourself “why?”: It is easier to inspire yourself to accomplish something you value. In case you are attempting to complete something, why not spend a couple of minutes asking yourself precisely why you need to do it and why it is so important to you. Weighing out the positives and negatives of the task and its benefits for you, can make you decide and perform better.
- Attempt to take a break: For those who procrastinate out of having worked too much, it does not mean you have to complete the task at once. This is known as the "sunk cost bias." The "sunk cost bias" influences players, speculators, and even a procrastinator. They feel that the task will need to be completed now and cannot be completed in the future. In some cases, a task simply does not mean you have to work on it more and more after hours.
- Go easy on yourself: To beat procrastination, you should be strict with yourself. However, that is not what science says. In case that you have procrastinated till now, you will probably begin on time going ahead. You need to show yourself some sympathy for your previous laziness instead of thrashing yourself about it.
Self-control is an important quality many successful individuals have. Having self-control permits you to carefully understand why you are procrastinating and can likewise, work towards it. When you understand why you are doing so, it will be easier for you to make a plan to beat it. This will allow you to see the underlying cause of your problem as well.