Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ammbalal GurramYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 14 years old and started having her menstrual cycles from the age of 11. From last four times, her cycles has reduced to 18-20 days, instead of normal 30 days. Is it worrisome? Should we show her to a doctor?
I m 21 years old female. I have problem in my stomach. Every month I have irregular period problem. Please give me the proper solution.
She is suffering with typhoid. She is pregnant with 4 month. She is taking medicine milcef and dolo , Folic , calcium tab as per advising of gyno doctor. Her report is typh O - 1/20 --- +, 1/40 ---+,1/80---+, Typho H -- 1/20----+,1/40---+,1/80---+,1/160----+ and other is --, --, -- she has taken 4 days dose. Now still she is suffering with fever.
Hi 25th Sept 2014 I delivered a baby gal. I'm still feeding her but I'm mensuration is long n less inflow. Please advice how to come to the normal menopause Looking for gyno doctor to advise.
Hello, I was married 2 years back. Till now we didn't have Intercourse because of my fear that it causes pain. I have tried twice but when it starts to pain I stopped. I don't know what to do to overcome that fear. I can't go to hospital for counseling .Can you suggest me any medicine for pain or any medical treatment to open up vagina. We are ready for that. If you suggest medicine, Can you explain me in detail how the medicine works in my problem.
I had unprotected sex on 25th day of my cycle I.e on 31st July ,but I took emergency pills on next day itself . Now I am suffering from diarrhea and nasal congestion . My LMP is 7th July . What should I do now ? What is the probability of getting pregnant ? Also there is no withdrawal bleeding or spotting up till now . Please help asap.
How much iron do you need?
Iron plays an integral role in the formation of hemoglobin in blood and myoglobin in muscles, both of which carry oxygen to the cells. That's why fatigue and tiredness is the first symptom most people notice when they may be low in iron.
The recommended intake for iron is:
Kids 1-3 years old: 7 mg/day
Kids 4-8 years old: 10 mg/day
Teenagers 9 - 13: 8 mg/day
Teenagers 14 - 18: 11 mg/day for boys & 15 mg/day for girls
Males 19+: 8 mg/day
Females 19-50: 18 mg/day
Females 51+: 8 mg/day
Pregnant females: 27 mg/day
Top high iron foods
Iron rich foods containing heme iron
Clams - 23.8 mg per 3 oz
Oysters - 7.8 mg per 3 oz
Liver per 3 oz
Chicken - 8 mg
Beef - 5.8 mg
Mussels - 5.7 mg per 3 oz
Sardines - 2.4 mg per 3 oz
Turkey - 1.6 mg per 3 oz
Beef per 3 oz
Extra lean ground - 2.5 mg
Prime rib - 2.1 mg
Short rib - 2 mg
Rib eye - 1.7 mg
Sirloin - 1.6 mg
Lamb chop - 2.1 mg per 3 oz
Egg - 1.2 mg per 2 large eggs
Iron rich foods containing non-heme iron
Pumpkin seeds - 8.6 mg per 1/4 cup
Firm tofu - 8 mg per 3/4 cup
Beans per 3/4 cup cooked
White beans - 5.8 mg
Red kidney beans - 3.9 mg
Soybeans: 3.4 mg
Lentils - 4.9 mg per 3/4 cup cooked
Some whole-grain breakfast cereals (per cup)
Total - 18 mg
Raisin bran - 10.8 mg
Cheerios - 8.9 mg
Special k - 8.7 mg
All-bran - 5.5 mg
Baked potato with skin - 2.7 mg
Chickpeas - 2.4 mg per 3/4 cup cooked
Blackstrap molasses - 3.6 mg per tbsp
Prune juice - 3.2 mg per cup
Dried fruits per 1/2 cup
Peaches - 1.6 mg
Raisins - 1.4 mg
Plums - 1.3 mg
Apricots - 1.2 mg
Nuts per 1/4 cup:
Cashew: 1.7 mg
Almonds: 1.4 mg
Pistachio: 1.2 mg
Walnuts: 0.9 mg
Pecan: 0.7 mg
Warning: pregnant women should not eat liver because of its high vitamin a content. Large amounts of vitamin a can be harmful to the baby.
The magic of iron-food pairing
The absorption of non-heme iron can be improved when a source of heme iron is consumed in the same meal. In addition, the iron absorption-enhancing foods can also increase the absorption of non-heme iron. While some food items can enhance iron absorption, some can inhibit or interfere iron absorption. Avoid pairing these iron-inhibiting foods when you're eating iron-rich foods in the same meal.
Iron absorption enhancers:
Fruits: orange, orange juice, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapefruit etc
Vegetables: broccoli, brussels sprouts, tomato, tomato juice, potato, green and red peppers
Iron absorption inhibitors:
Red wine, coffee and tea
Vegetables: spinach, chard, beet greens, rhubarb and sweet potato
Whole grains and bran
Isolated soy ingredients, like products made with soy flour and isolated soy protein concentrate.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
My daughter is 50 years old and she feels extremely sleepy before her periods. Very difficult to keep awake. She feels very tired during periods and has a typical headache, in which it seems as if the centre of her skull is being pulled out by some force. This is affecting productivity at work.
Is it possible to lactate without getting pregnant? What are the natural ways of inducing lactation without medicines.
Mine gf suffer from white liquid comes out frm vagina on her periods date but still now it has been note came wht I should (v hd nt dne anything tht effect it)
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
I am 24 weeks pregnant. For 1st tym I had white discharge followed by slight abdominal cramps and back pain for short tym. I went to a gyn. She prescribed me duphaston 10 mg daily for 20 days. I want to know is this medicine safe to take. What is the purpose of this ?will it harm my baby? I have history of myomectomy for subserosa fibroid and pcos.
आंवला, बहेड़ा और हरड़ से तैयार त्रिफला अपने खास गुणों के कारण जाना जाता है। त्रिफला को पाउडर के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। जड़ी-बूटी के गुणों वाले त्रिफला में पोषण और बड़ी मात्र में विटामिन सी मौजूद रहता है। इसके अलावा औषधीय गुणों से युक्त त्रिफला के सेवन से कई तरह की तकलीफें दूर हो जाती हैं।
* अध्ययन में यह बात सामने आई है कि त्रिफला रक्त संचार को ठीक रखने के साथ ही कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करता है।
* यह उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में मदद करता है और पाचन सुधारता है।
* त्रिफला में एंटीआक्सिडेंट के गुण पाए जाते हैं। इसमें एलर्जी और एचआईवी विरोधी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं।
* यह एनीमिया से जुड़ी तकलीफ, थकान और पाचन में होने वाली कठिनाई को दूर करता है।
* त्रिफला निमोनिया, तपेदिक और एड्स जैसे रोगों में भी लाभदायी होता है।
* आंखों से जुड़ी समस्याओं में भी त्रिफला कारगर साबित होता है। एक कटोरी पानी में एक चम्मच त्रिफला को दो घंटे तक छोड़ दें। उसके बाद उसे कपड़े से छान कर पानी से आंखों को धो लें। यह पानी आंखों के लिए फायदेमंद होता है।
* इसके सेवन से कब्ज की शिकायत दूर होती है। इसके लिए त्रिफला को रात में गरम पानी के साथ लें।
* असमय बाल सफेद होने की समस्या से मुक्ति मिलती है