Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ammbalal Gurram
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ammbalal GurramYour feedback matters!
Very very good and talented brilliant and supportive doctor.. Will always suggest for him to every preganant lady
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Hi We are blessed with a boy baby 3 months back and my wife feeding him regularly When could be here approximate date for here periods.
Hello sir, thank you for responding to the question I had asked. And sir I had got my periods yesterday, n mine is a 30 days cycle n ovulation around 8 or 9 of every month. Can you please suggest if I would hav a chance even now?
She is pregnant of 9 months and 12 days. She is having fungal infection near private parts. I do not no reason but doctor told it may last till a month. She use candida b cream. It cure but again small pores like itching goes on, please guide. Also I want to know the symptoms or pain so I can not admit to hospital regarding delivery of my child. Also my legs are souring I mean having pain its going to big from normal.
I have cough. Cough increases only in cold. In night when I am on bed its normal and in day time it increases. I have this problem since 2 years. I take treatment from but they told me yiu have infection. I had test my blood and urine all normal.
Hello Dr, Meri shadi ko 3 year ho gye he. October 17 me mere miscarriage hua tha. That time I was 3 month pregnant And my thyroid was TSH 9.39.I had a TORCH test before 7 month as I met with miscarriage. The TORCH results were rubella IgG positive 90, rubella IgM negative 0.13, CMV IgG positive (43) and CMV IgM antibody negative (0.09). I want to know whether I am at the risk of TORCH infection? Am I TORCH positive? Then Doctor asked me to get Rubella vaccine. But for second opinion I changed my doctor. Second Dr. Said me your miscarriage was caused by thyroid and not because of rubella. Then he suggested me thyrox 50 mg. My irregular periods get regular. And after 3 month thyroid get normal then Dr. Suggested me to plan baby. He continued thyrox 50 mg. I planned n try my best. Period get missed but pregnancy test was negative because my thyroid become negative 0.02. Again period get irregular. Then he gave me thyrox 25 mg and regulate tablet and newova at 5th day of period. Now my menstrual is running but bleeding flow is not well. I do not understand what can I do get pregnant?
I m 7 months pregnant. Which type of food should I eat so that my baby can get sufficient breast milk?
It is necessary to do nadi pariksha in today's scenario because no one knows about the resaon and source of disease in our body. So nadi pariksha is necessary for all.
When the vagina hurts and contracts involuntarily during the insertion of a foreign object, this is known as vaginismus. The muscles in the vagina tighten around the foreign object and causes pain, discomfort and a burning sensation. It is basically an involuntary spasm occurring in the vaginal muscles, which makes a penetration in the vagina almost impossible. Vaginismus works in a reflex mechanism, just like the eye shuts automatically when an object comes towards it.
Symptoms: Painful sex is the most basic symptom of vaginismus. Penetration initiates the pain, which usually goes away after withdrawal. Usually, you might think that your vagina is small because of which you are hurting on penetration. This causes the situation to go undetected. Many times, you might even feel discomfort during an internal pelvic examination or while using a tampon.
Causes: The actual cause of vaginismus is not known. Usually anxiety and the fear of having sex are stated as the causes of vaginismus. Sometimes medical causes like vaginal infections might also result in vaginismus.
Types: Vaginismus is of four different types, based on the time span of it occurring and on the object of penetration:
- Primary vaginismus: Suffering from vaginismus throughout life it called primary vaginismus.
- Secondary vaginismus: If you start suffering from it after having normal sex for quite some time then it is secondary vaginismus.
- Global vaginismus: When the pain starts with any foreign object penetrating the vagina, like a tampon or with internal pelvic examination instruments.
- Situational vaginismus: When the pain occurs with any one sex partner but not with the others.
Treatment: Vaginismus can be treated with exercise. If you do 20 kegels at a time every day, then vaginismus can be cured gradually.