Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amitha
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmithaYour feedback matters!
I masturbate once in 2 days. I am very lean and skinny. Is it the cause of my skinny body. What else problem is caused by it?
I have 9 month old son still breast feeding. He bad sleeper all time more aft and night. I am plan to give him jaifal how many strokes to rub in stone. I do not know how much to give.
Mere bete ki umra 2.5 saal hai. Yah 6/7 din par 1 baar letrin karata hai or wo bhi khul kar nahi kar paata hai. Thoda sa sukha huwa potty karega or thodi der baad phir chillayega ki potty karenge. Yeh kaam dinbhar thoda thoda karke phir 6/7 din tak nahi karega. Angrji dawa ya homeopathy dawa khila kar dekh liya gaya hai koi bhi dawa khaane ke 2 din baad khulkar 2 dino tak lagatar poty karta hai phir wo dawa bhi kaam nahi karti phir 6/7 dino baad wohi problam ho jaati hai. Jabki mera beta paani bhi kubh pita hai. Please aap bataye hum kya kare.
Dear dr, Meri beti ki age 25 day ki hai. Pata nahi woh dark kyon Hoti ja Rahi hai. Aur face rough n dull bahut hota ja raha hai. Red red daane b ho gaye hai. Please suggest me Kya karo.
Here are some tips and treatments for adenoids
Hi I’m Dr. Vijay Verma. I practice at Three senses ENT Allergy and Dental Clinic. We all know that kids are always suffering from continuous sneezing. There is an obstruction and also discharge and sometimes bleeding from the nose. They have breathing difficulties and I know that in every family kids are suffering from these problems because they are going into daycare and suppose that there are 20 kids and one out of them always has cold. Your kid is always prone but in depth, we ignore these symptoms of ‘Adenoids’.
Adenoids are nothing but just like tonsils but are present behind your nose. When they get enlarged they tend to cause nasal obstruction to the child. This infection always gives rise to continuous nasal irritation. Children tend to sneeze which causes nasal discharge. When these adenoids fall back inside your throat it causes sore throat and causes continuous cough for the child plus when they sleep, they are unable to take proper amounts of oxygen and if that is happening, they cannot grow properly
.And this one thing is always missed, so one should consult an ENT specialist for these problems of Adenoids because after 12 years although they regress in size, the changes which they lead to are permanent. They can protrude the tooth out, so sooner or later you will need to visit your dentist; a lifelong problem. There is also a possible accumulation behind the ear drum so the kid starts to have various problems with listening. All these are associated to Adenoids, so they start in childhood but leave permanent changes. So I would suggest you to visit your doctor as soon as possible if you notice that your child is having continuous sneezing, nasal discharge or sore throat.
For adenoids, there are two types of treatment:
(a) The therapy of Spray or
(b) Surgery, so it depends on the size of the adenoids.
Depending on that, it is medically treated or surgically treated. Usually all of us are scared of surgeries but now the tools have become very safe. It is either done with a microdebrider or a coblator which makes it a bloodless surgery and also one which is not a painful surgery; it would lead to your kids being happy.
I would also advise you to visit me via Lybrate.
What type of food is to be given for an 18 month old child to achieve WHO, Child Health Standard which is Height- 77.2-87.3, weight - 8.9-13.5 and head circumference 44.9-49.9. My 18 month's old child is having only height 76 cm, weight-8.8 kg and head circumference 41. 5 cm.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.