Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AmithaYour feedback matters!
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
My 4 month old baby suffering from 1 month above dast (laitring) no response any doctor please help me!
Hi, My 2 months old baby girl doesn't passes motion regularly. Usually she pass motion after 5-6 days, However she urinate normally after small intervals. Due to long gap in poop, she irritates and keep crying. As of now, she takes breastfeed only. When we consulted Pediatrician locally, he advised to feed small amount of sugar powder/Glucon D with Milk/Water, but doesn't see any significant difference with this. Please help on this. Also, Pls let me know what should I eat/drink in order to have baby motion regular.
HI I am from Chandigarh my baby is 1 year and 5 month old she is very active fit and fine (weight 12 kg) but the only problem we are facing that she did't eat any thing except milk from the birth, that also we have to give forcefully to her. We visited a a child specialist they did hd test and according to report hb is just 7.4 We are in big trouble what to do regarding her meal I believe we tried all meal but nothing is working, please suggest the correct way. Thanks.
Loving our children in a real way:
- Loving my daughter/son comes so easily when
- She/he wins a competition,
- Gets high marks,
- Listens to me,
- Keeps her room clean,
- Finishes her food,
- Pays attention while studying,
- Sleeps on time,
- Never raises her voice and
- Practices dance/singing/drawing without me reminding her.
That's the easy way to love.
However when I look back at my childhood I realize that the moments I really wanted love badly were when
- I scored less marks,
- Failed in a competition,
- Couldn't fall asleep,
- Didn't feel like studying,
- Wanted to laze around,
- Didn't finish the tiffin,
- Didn't complete homework,
- Forgot an important assignment,
- Fought with a friend,
- Had a heartbreak,
- Committed a mistake,
- Felt guilty,
- Felt lonely.
These were the moments when I needed my parents the most, I needed their assurance that it is okay to be human, to fall, to get hurt and what I wanted to listen in those moments was" I know it hurts, but i'm here with you. Maybe we can't do anything about what happened, but i'm here with you. And I love you for what you are, always"
This is real and unconditional way to love!
Yes I wanted to hear" I love you" loud and clear. It was the only thing that could heal my heart. Love!
It's the moments when we lose control of ourselves that we want someone to hold us, isn't it? you don't need to be perfect. Just be real!
Do you chose love the easy way or the real, unconditional way?
Today no matter what your child does, choose love and see how it heals you as a parent.
My baby 9 months, she is weighing 7.5kg but height is 60cm only. How to increase her height and what we feed her?
My baby was born premature at 32 weeks and had sepsis. She is now 1.y months old. The OAE screen has come refer twice however the baby responds to sounds of rattles and music when she cries and we use rate she goes quite. Please suggest if she has hearing issues.
My daughter is 10 months old. She has started passing lose stool from 3 days. At first 6 times she did lose stool that too green color then I started giving metrogyl but still she is passing semi liquid stool thrice. She is now teething. Is it normal if not please prescribed any other medicine.
Is any anxiety behaved like Stuck hand to Head, Pulling his hair, Crying etc are normal or not for 8 months baby boy?
My tailbone hurts when I sit a certain way and it only hurts at the top of my buttcrack. I never fell on it or anything, but I can feel a bone on the top of my buttcrack that hurts even when I touch it. My buttcrack also is wet in the area hours after I have showered. I am not sure what the issue is but the liquid is coming from somewhere and smells really bad and I am in pain and I guess its pilonidal cyst. Any idea how to treat this?
My son is 16 months old but he is not ready to eat something. If someone forcefully tried to give meal he ejects all.
Sir/Mam my kid (boy) we never denied him what he asks. He always says I'm feared. why like that. He will be very free at home but in new place or person he will not go to them he says I'm feared. why now he is 5 years old. Pl.
Hi, My daughter is 1 month old If breast milk is not possible can we give cow's milk to new born 1 month old baby? If not please suggest.
My son (2 years 3 months) is not saying any sentences. He says 1-25, A-Z, knows and says animals, their sounds, colours, shapes, vegetables, body parts etc. He says milk, water, rice etc when needed. Says Hello, Goodnight, bye bye etc. But never says his own name and doesn't interact properly. What to do? Please help.
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
My three year old son is frequently having itching and rashes due to some allergy. He also getting cranky for small things also. He won't have food properly but he is so active. Could you suggest solution for this.
My baby boy is 45 days old. Since 4 days on-words he is not going to motion but he is releasing gas and struggling to release the motion. I used the arizyomye syrup but no use. He stomach is also not so hard. He is passing urine heavily. I am using my breast milk and powered milk (Dexolac). Pls, say me the solution, I am worried.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.