Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Sambare
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit SambareYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old male. I used to smoke for last 4 years. Now when I smoke I feel chest tightness. Then I stopped for one week. Then after that I again smoked and suddenly again I felt chest tightness. After a sleep when waking up from bed while coming up I feel a sharp pain at the centre of the chest. After waking it will go. But while pressing at that point I can feel the pain. Then it goes. I have light shoulder and arm joint pain also. What will be the reason for it? Is it dangerous ?If it heal if I stop smoking?
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it, but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. Vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, Onions, Garlic and Broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily, thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruits which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be taken half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking quickly, allows a lot of air to go into the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many fruit and vegetables.
- Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw and smoking, etc. causes air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk is known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally, then it is alright, but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.
I am 38 Years old sir I have anemia problem and also leg pain I am unable do any house work etc I am unable to walk fast what I should do sir please give suggestion due to this problem so what I look like aged women.
I am having testicles pain from 2 months ,now I am having pain in bladder and abdomen also and burning sensation in urine, I got my sonography and urine test for the same a month ago ,everything was normal, my partner also suffered from uti kind of thing in the period, as I have studied in internet these symptoms could be of chlamydia please suggest how my problem can be detected and cured.
Sir I have constipation problem from six days. I can not eat food properly. Please give me a perfect solution for my problem.
Sir doctor said I have inguinal hernia at starting stage does daily running make it worse or bigger Thank you.
From last one year or so I was unable to get sleep during nights. This started before the day of my main exam where I couldn't sleep for a minute. And from then I was unable to sleep when I have an important work the next day. I usually sleep by turning head towards bed. When I turn to sleep normally seeing roof, my legs will make me uncomfortable and tend to bend or like L shape.
In simple terms, hyperglycemia is the medical term for abnormally high levels of sugar in the blood stream. The blood sugar level range is 65-110 mg/dl and can extend up to 120-140 mg/dl a few hours after eating. However, when a person has eaten no food, but has a blood sugar level of more than 126 mg/dl, that may be a symptom of diabetes mellitus.
Reasons Behind it
A person who is hyperglycemic is most likely to be diagnosed with diabetes, which may be type 1 or type 2.
Type 1 diabetes is caused when the immune system destroys the insulin secreting cells in the pancreas. The insulin production in the body stops, thereby, causing an enormous increase in the sugar levels. In such a situation, nothing, but external dose of insulin will be required to survive.
Type 2 diabetes is caused when the body stops responding to the insulin produced by the body and in a desperate attempt to maintain blood sugar level, the pancreas produce excess insulin. In this case, changing lifestyle, food-habits and taking proper medication can be the only way out for a healthy life.
Therefore, the major causes leading to increase in blood sugar level might be:
Inadequate supply of insulin
Slow or no reaction of the body to the insulin produced by the body
Tips to manage hyperglycemia
Here are some important tips that could help individuals regulate their blood sugar levels:
As we know, the carbohydrates break down into glucose, which is absorbed by the body cells with the help of insulin. So, in case of hyperglycemia, individuals should manage or better, cut off, carbohydrate intake in their meals.
Another important element to be highly monitored is the blood cholesterol level. For this, you must curb eating oily and spicy food.
It is very important that individuals limit their alcohol intake because alcohol contains huge amount of calories and carbs, which might lead to sky-rocketing blood-sugar levels.
The diet should contain adequate portions of nuts and olive oil.
Eating fatty milk products and fatty food should be strictly avoided.
Each and every food should be inspected for sugar because even a slight bit of sugar can mess up the entire process of managing the sugar level.
Individuals should try stress-free mild work out, as heavy work out could cause the blood-sugar level to rise in case of type 2 diabetes.
Anxiety, tension and stress would not help the process in anyway.
Proper medication and check-ups are necessary. It is important to be fit and healthy. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.