Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
How to get calcium in the body. Bones are weak. She had body pains and muscle pain. How to solve it please suggest me Help.
Mein thyroid patient hu aur weight gain kr rhi hu mera weight 55se75 kg ho gaya h. Mujhe tnsn h iski kyoki sb khte h thyroid patient ek bar weight gain kr leta h toh kam nhi hota. Yeh shi h kya aur mein loose krna chahti hu toh please give me suggestions how to loose.
My daughter has a problem of urinating in sleep at the age of 23. Although she doesn't do this every night. I am very much worried about her future. Please help.
My belly is getting bigger and bigger day by day.No exercise. Used to go for gym but of no use.I have drinks once in a week with soda. I am non vegetarian. Please help
I'm 21 year old and my weight is 53 kg. I know it's underweight. I have done various job for increase weight. But there is no effect. Give me solution for increase weight naturally.
I am feeling very tired. I get totally tired by doing a very little work. Also during I feel asleep and so tense and depressed throughout the most night. What is the reason of so?
Sir, My father (50) is suffering from Diabetes please tell how to reduce the glucose level please tell any medicine to reduce the glucose level also my father is suffering from cataract problem and the doctor says that do an operation as early as possible. Thanks!
Your body goes through drastic changes when you are pregnant. Your body makes more blood during pregnancy; for instance, prior to pregnancy, your body made approximately 5 litres of blood, but now it produces 7 to 8 litres of it.
Producing excess red blood cells requires haemoglobin, which in turn requires plenty of folate, iron and vitamin B12. If there is a deficiency in any of these requirements, you might develop anaemia.
Anaemia is a condition, which is characterized by a lack of red blood cells in the body. The risks of becoming anaemic during pregnancy include:
- Being extremely fatigued
- Miscarriages, premature birth, or low birth-weight
- The baby can inherit anaemia from the mother
- The child can have certain developmental delays
- Postpartum depression (post-childbirth depression)
How it can be prevented?
To prevent such risks, it is important to implement the proper diet. Here are some dietary tips to prevent anaemia during pregnancy:
1. Consume iron-rich foods: Foods that provide you with the best source of iron are
- Poultry and eggs
- Dark green and leafy vegetables (for example: spinach, broccoli and kale)
- Seeds and nuts
- Beans and lentils
- Ripe bananas
2. Don't forget the supplements: Foods are great sources of the nutrients you require, but they may be lacking at times. Ask your doctor for supplements like vitamin, folic acid and iron supplements mostly. Consuming supplements before pregnancy can go a long way in preventing anaemia.
3. Folic acid is important: Folic acid is very important for pregnant women. You must consume 400 milligrams of it to prevent anaemia and birth defects in babies. Foods that are rich in folic acid include:
- Brussel sprouts
4. Vitamins are crucial: Vitamin C helps in iron absorption which boosts haemoglobin production. Some foods rich in vitamin C include
- Citrus fruits
- Bell peppers
5. Be vigilant while cooking: Sometimes while cooking foods, the wrong method can strip them of their iron content. So be careful not to fry, boil or stew such foods too much. Certain foods are best consumed raw; read the labels properly if in doubt.
6. Abstain from certain habits: Alcohol, tea, cigarette and coffee hinder iron absorption. So stop consuming them if you are trying to conceive or have conceived.
How can I reduce my weight. I am over wait I am doing exercise daily. But no response is coming. Please help me out. Please suggest me good diet and exercise.
I am from Bangalore, and my son is 8 years 9 months old, and he has pain just around the umbilical cord region. Checked in google. Also known as belly button pain. His pain is severe. Since 4 years. All along we had been visiting doctors thinking it could be gastric related. Very confusing what exactly is the problem. While all his organs are normal in a scan. Could it be some kind of intestinal hernia or really a gastro related problem.
I am 5ft 4 Inch 58years Old Male with 85 Kgs weight mainly on belly.I want to loose 20Kgs but unable to walk much as one knee replaced in 2008 and second is to be replaced in June15.If the weight loss is possible hope to delay/avoid Knee Replacement.
Am a female of 24 yrs. My height is 5.1 and my weight is 52 kgs. I am having belly. I want to loose weight please help.
I am from south India. Now I have been residing in Jaipur. Here I can't get ma south foods. The qs is does? Atta flour more preferable over wheat flour? Let me to know the difference and health benefits of it?
Statistics show that lifestyle disorders such as diabetes are on the rise, and one of the primary reasons for this is the radical diet change that has happened in the past score. The current diet trends are focused on carbohydrates and unhealthy fats. Fast food has attained prominence because of time constraints; people are now busier and thus prefer food on the go. Maximum of such ‘on the go’ alternatives are packed with unhealthy sugars.
So if you are looking to lose fat, diet is the point where you would want to start. Here is a DIY guide to make that fat disappear:
Eliminate Hidden Sugars: First of all, avoid buying processed food and you won’t require this step. But for some of you, who don’t always have access to home cooked food – there is still hope. If you are buying packaged foods, then read the label very carefully. Avoid foods whose sugar content is more than 5 grams.
Include Complex Carbohydrates: Foods that contain complex carbohydrates are better than foods that contain simple carbohydrates. The reason being that complex carbohydrates are absorbed slowly into the bloodstream, without spiking the blood sugar levels. A piece of advice over here would be to watch the portions.
Eat Fat: Contrary to popular belief, eating fat does not make you fat. Fat is required in the body for many of its functions. The aim is to control the potion size as fat contains higher amount of calories. Fat makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as almonds and walnuts as they are healthy snacks.
Restrict Fruit Intake: Fruits are good for you as they are a good source of various Vitamins and antioxidants. However, one of the downsides of fruits is that they contain fructose, which is the fruit sugar. Pick fruits that are low on sugar such as watermelon, guava and pear.
- Pick healthy when you go out: If you must eat outside, then select dishes low on the carb count. Go for salads without the fat filled dressings; you could ask for a sprinkle of olive oil and some spices. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.