Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ambalal GurramYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex on 14th nov 2015 and took an emergency contraceptive ipill within an hour. I was supposed to get my periods on 18th nov. But on 23rd nov I had light bleeding for two days (Instead of the usual 3 days). I have not got my periods again till now in dec 23rd or jan. 23rd I have taken multiple home pregnancy tests over the weeks and all have turned out negative. I visited a doctor who prescribed meprate (Medroxyprogesterone Acetate I. P. 10mg) as a five day course. One tablet in the morning and one in the evening for 5 days. I am on the 3rd day of the course. Please explain what meprate does also, could I be pregnant? If I am not when can I expect my period?
Hello ma'am I'm sukaina I'm 20 years old I'm married I have missed my periods and I'm scared that if Ian pregnant but I'm not ready for this pregnancy I have missed my periods pizza tell me a tablet name from which periods should come early plzz.
Hi I have very uncertain periods and I got married on april 2015 and before marriage my period come on 15 april 2015 and after marriage my first period is on 29 june 2015 which is normal after that my period come on 18 july 2015 just for 2 days and till now my period didnot come. Whenever I tke pregnancy test it is negative. Is there possibility of pregnancy. Please guide me and help me to get my period regularly.
Broccoli’s demand as well as availability has increased a lot in India since past few years. It is one super food which is packed with highest nutritional value. It can be made into soups, salads or tossed with other vegetables.
5 Health reasons to have broccoli regularly.
1) Anti-Cancer Properties - Cruciferous vegetables are nutrition powerhouses and broccoli is one of them. It lowers the risk of lung and colon cancer. The compound called sulforaphane, which gives the bitter taste to broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables is what is believed to give this vegetable the power to fight cancer. Broccoli also contains folate which is known to decreases chances of breast cancer in women.
2) Bone Health - Broccoli has high content of vitamin K which is good for bone health. One can get more than their daily requirement of vitamin K in just a cup of chopped broccoli.
3) Glowing Skin - Broccoli has vitamin C which is ideal for fighting skin damages caused due to pollution and sun, and takes care of overall texture of the skin.
4) Good Digestion - Broccoli has natural fiber which assists in preventing constipation, lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
5) Immunity building - Broccoli included in your regular diet ensures a boost to your immune system. Also present in it are magnesium and calcium which help regulate blood pressure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Vagina is one of the most delicate organs of your body. While you tend to the hygiene of other body parts, caring for the vagina either doesn’t strike you or it is too taboo a thing to be discussed about. Vaginal rashes are prevalent among many women and in most cases, they are not aware of ways to approach the problem. Rashes can lead to extreme uneasiness and if neglected, could even cause complicate health disorders. Thus vaginal rashes should be treated with proper medical assistance and watchful sanitation.
Factors that can cause vaginal rashes:
1. Warts in and around a person’s genital: Warts are infections that can have a painful and disturbing effect on your health. Genital warts are the result of sexually transmitted infections. The diverse kinds of human papillomavirus are known to trigger the formation of vaginal rashes.
2. Infections caused due to the predominance of viruses: Vaginal rashes may exhibit themselves in the form of aching blisters. This symptom could be indicative of Genital Herpes that further needs medical expertise to be dealt with.
3. Folliculitis could cause suffering: The base of a hair shaft is indeed a sensitive area. Any infection pertaining to hair shafts surfacing usually in the form of a red lump can worsen to cause rashes in your genitalia.
4. A cyst in the Bartholin gland could be the reason: A Bartholin gland is one of the two glands positioned at the opening of a person’s vagina. A cyst might happen to develop in any one of these glands due to accumulation of fluids produced by the glands itself. Secondary symptoms of such a condition could be red, itchy rashes.
Symptoms that help a doctor identify the prevalence of rashes in your vagina:
1. Redness of the skin in and around one’s vagina is a characteristic feature of an underlying problem.
2. Your vagina could itch persistently preventing you from free movement. Constant itching can also hamper your otherwise smoothly functioning sex life.
3. The skin around your vagina can become excessively dry and peel off as a result.
4. Tenderness and soreness are common symptoms that make sitting or lying down troublesome.
5. Vaginal rashes may or may not be accompanied by a stinging, throbbing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Want to have sex but my age is 14 and girl age is also 14 and don't want any pregnancy and anything else can we do sex?
On Nov 6 we participated in sex, and she got periods on nov 16, still there is a chance of getting pregnancy, at that time spread also not entered.
I had ectopic pregnancy in november 2015 but now in may 2016 I am trying to conceive but from last 2 months I am failed .what should I do? .i am having normoz as well .but not able to conceive.
If my periods is delayed for 4 days and pregnancy report is showing positive then which medicine is good for getting periods back and want to tell you one thing I am newly married person so I don't want to get pregnant now so please help me out.
Abortion is the process of terminating pregnancy. It is induced, either by the use of medications or by surgical procedure. The term abortion is usually used to denote induced termination. Unsafe sex is one of the major causes of abortion, even though it is legal under a number of circumstances in most countries. The term miscarriage is used to denote spontaneous termination of pregnancy before a fetus develops. In other words, miscarriage is denoted as spontaneous abortion in medical terms.
What are the causes of abortion?
Causes of an abortion or miscarriage may be due to fetal or maternal complications. Some of the fetal factors include:
- Unwanted pregnancy
- Abnormal development of fetus, either due to abnormal chromosomes or teratogenic factors.
- Immunological factors
- Problems with implantation
- Serious health diseases like kidney disease
What are the homeopathic treatments for abortion?
Homeopathic medication system is one of the most popular and widely accepted holistic medication approaches used all over the world. The choice of remedy for any disease is based on individualized symptoms and lifestyle habits using a holistic method. In such a way, a state of complete wellness can be achieved by eliminating all the signs and symptoms that the patient is suffering from. The main objective of homeopathy is not just to manage the adverse effects of abortion.
Some of the homeopathic remedies that are beneficial in treating abortion or miscarriage are given below:
- Aconite Nap: Helpful in treating anxiety, excitement or fear experienced before the procedure.
- Apis Mel: Medication used during the 3rd month of pregnancy
- Aletris Far: Treats conditions of typical abortion that is done due to anemia or weakness or other conditions affecting the mother
- Arnica Montana: To manage abortion that is done after an accident to treat the mother
- Baptisia: Used in treating abortion is done due to shock, fever or mental depression. Often used for women under the age of 21.
- Sepia: Used when there is an abortion during fifth to seventh month of pregnancy.
- Thuja: Used to treat women who have a history of gonorrhea.
- Syphilinum: Used for treatment when there the abortion is done due to syphilis.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
1. Sit straight in your chair with support of lumbar roll, rolled towel or small pillow over low back area.
2.2. Try to sit on the edge of chair so that you do not lean forward. While sitting on edge is comfortable to make your spine erect, form an arch, make your head to drop in front and your shoulders to round.
3. Drop your shoulders and rest them.
4. Arms should be close to your sides with elbows bend at 90 degree position.
5. Head should be stretch towards the ceiling.
6. Chin tuck in.
7. Upper back should be straight by rolling shoulders backwards along with tummy tuck in.
8. Neck in comfortable straight position.
9. The height of the table should be adjusted in a way so that it should not be too high or too low in the level of eyes so that neck should not bend up or down.
10. Knees should be in 90 degree flexion so that they are on level with your hips.
11. Feet should be place flat on the floor. Make sure it should make a level with knee and hip position. If knee or leg pains then you can also keep small stool or footstool or other support to rest your foot on it.