Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alaknanda VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Dr Ashok Kumar Jain
Dear Dr Alaknanda, Let me correct you. You have not got VICTORY because you were never in a WAR. You sought natural justice and you got it. And, do not ever say or feel that you are a disabled person, because to me you are the most able and courageous person in the country. And, also remember, nelf and your dear daighter made you do it. With best of love to her, Ashok Jain Ph D
Hi, I was having pain in my breast and my breasts become a little bit hard so it is normal or it have any problem please help me what can I do to get relief from this pain.
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant for past 2 and half years, My LMP is on April 11, Had sexual intercourse on April 28,29,30 and May 1.By May 6 got light pinkish spotting then Nothing till yesterday. May 8,9,10 took pregnancy test got faint line. But evening today spotting two times with abdominal cramps. Any possibilities that I can be pregnant? As trying for past 2 and half years?
Your body shape reveals more about you than merely the outer appearances. In fact, it is a reflection of your inner health and as well as your future health. Here are some of the things that your body shape reveals about your overall health and the diseases that you need to look out for.
1. Triangle: the pear shaped body or the triangle body usually has more fat on hips, thighs and the butt. They are at lower risk of heart diseases, since the weight is less concentrated on the waist. But, they can develop lower back problems and may have an increased tendency to develop knee issues as most of the weight is carried on hips and thighs.
2. Circle: circle shape is basically for those who carry a lot of fat around their waists. Men and women are equally likely to be affected. Those with a waist size larger than 34 inches in female and 36 inches in male are considered circle shaped. They are at a higher risk of uterine problems, kidney issues and pancreatic-colon cancers.
3. Rectangle: men and women who tend to carry weight distributed all around their bodies have a rectangular body shape. While this is a desirable shape for men, for women it may lead to a flatter looking body. This body shape is healthier than the others, but you may experience osteoarthritis and joint pain if you have higher body fat.
4. Apple: women who carry extra fat on the upper body, i. E. Arms and chest, upper stomach as well have apple shaped bodies. If their body fat is appropriate, they tend to be healthy, but being apple shaped can put you at risk for a number of conditions, including heart problems, blood pressure problems and diabetes.
But remember, irrespective of your body type, make sure that you exercise regularly, have well-balanced diet and stay happy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I am observing that my breast size is increasing little bit. My boyfriend use to press them whenever we get intimate. Does this the reason of increasing? Do pressing affect the breast size. Please help. I am 18 years old. Periods are normal. Weight approx 49 kgs.
Hi Doctor, My friend Jenny had unprotected sex with his boyfriend, according to her she ate iPill within next 10-12 hours however she is worries whether iPill will work of not, please suggest what she can do?
Hi I just had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last week! I took ipill within 24 hours of the intercourse. But now I am having headache and lower abdominal ache. Please tell ,Are these the side effects of the ipill? And my regular periods occur on 10 every month. So Will my periods will occur soon this time? Thank You.
My wife is last month delivery on c-section operation please tell me after that when we can start sex?
Health benefits of fresh bael juice prepared at home in summers
1. Heart diseases:
Mix the juice of ripe bael fruit with some ghee. Include this mixture in your daily diet to prevent heart-related diseases like heart strokes and attacks. This can reduce blood glucose levels by nearly 54%.
2. Gastroprotection properties:
This magical juice can cure gastric ulcers that are caused due to the imbalance of mucosa levels or oxidative stress in gastric tract. The phenolic compounds present in this juice are filled with antioxidants to reduce gastric ulcers.
3. Cholesterol control:
Bael juice helps in cholesterol control and also reduces blood cholesterol levels. Bael juice controls triglycerides, serum and tissue lipid profiles.
4. Antimicrobial properties:
Bael juice has antimicrobial properties. The extracted juice is used to control fungal and viral infections. They have antimicrobial properties since the juice contains cumin aldehyde and eugenol in it.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties:
Bael juice contains anti-inflammatory properties that are used to reduce histamine-induced contractions. This also gives positive results to relax and sooth inflamed organs.
Bael fruit juice is best-consumed remedy to reduce constipation and stomach pain. This contains laxative properties to clean and tone the intestines. Drinking this regularly for 2-3 months will reduce sub-chronic constipation. You can mix this with sugar and drink twice a day to ease stomach pain for kids. Add some black pepper and salt to the juice to remove toxins from the intestines.
7. Dysentery and diarrhoea:
In Ayurveda, this is said to cure diarrhoea and dysentery without fever. You can also mix it with jaggery or sugar.
Drink bael fruit juice with honey to cure acidity. You can also apply this on your tongue to cure mouth ulcers. Drink bael juice before lunch or dinner to reduce heat and thirst from the body. This can be the best drink during the scorching
9 Respiratory problems:
The juice of bael fruit can cure respiratory problems such as asthma or cold. This also gives resistance to cold.
10 Control diabetes:
Bael juice contains laxatives that are helpful to control the blood sugar levels. It stimulates the pancreas and helps them in enough production of insulin that controls sugar level in the blood.
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!
I am having doubt of pregnancy. But I am not confirm. My periods were not coming in last month so I took (deviry 10) 3 tablets n then periods came and remained for 7 days now in this month of July again my periods has not came. So is it possible that I am pregnant? Please give me the appropriate answers by a gynecologist. .
Dear sir, My wife deliver my baby on 24th Oct 2016. Now I wants to know that for safe Sex is it pregnancy pills are safe for my wife or we use any other precautions for safe Sex. Kindly give you r ans in detail we r vr confused about safe Sex.
I am just 18 years old, i am in a physical relationship with my boyfriend from last 4 years, now i am not having periods from last 5 months, i have used pregnancy kit also but its showing negative. Sometimes i used to get stomach pain a lot. Please help.
Sir now I am 12 week pregnent and due to history of type 2 diebetic , I am on insuline and previously I have one laproscopy operation in my right ovary and in that operation I lost my right follupiontube. Sir after 7 years of marriage this is my first pregnency kindlly give me some healthy suggestions and health tips so that I can have a healthy baby.
I have been trying to conceive for now almost one and half year. Three months back I changed my doctor&had my HSG which was clear and was prescribed OvigynDSR on regular basis and Clomiphene frm day 2 of cycle and folic acid tablets started 2 months back. Is it ok to take OvigynDSR in regular basis.
Welcome to spring summer season! The undeniably most popular season of the year is here. As winter melts into spring, the birds, bees, flowers, trees and human hearts are all nourished by more and more sunlight. We may bask in that sunlight, but often we find ourselves still sluggish from winter, with too much on our plates and seasonal allergies to boot! The wisdom of Ayurveda is here to help us balance the shift of seasons and get us glowing, not sneezing all spring.
Spring is also about new beginnings, setting roots that sustain us in summer and fall. This spring, let’s commit to sustaining and thriving- through balance, deep breaths, clean closets and cleansed bodies! In Ayurveda, the Indian classical Medicine used by yogi’s for thousands years, spring is ruled the elements fire and water, which combine to make pitta dosha or bodily constitution. In spring we work to shed the excess of winter and balance the amount of fire and water in our systems. Too much water combined with excess earth leaves us feeling heavy, muddy and full of toxins (ama). Too much fire and we’re angry, over heated, over doing, full of allergies and without enough time.
Too much fire and water at the same time leaves our bodies taxed, inflamed and pressurized (think sinus headache). Spring is ruled by the organs of liver and gallbladder, our main organs for cleansing and processing toxins. Our liver processes allergens that come from pollen and pollution, but if our liver is taxed, it has a hard time working as smoothly. Using Ayurveda we cool our heat with water, and cleanse with fire. When we are balanced we have healthy fire, creativity, action and ideas, and the coolness of water to stay hydrated and go with the flow. The wisdom of Ayurveda helps us live in balance with the season and the natural world around us, which is ultimate challenge in our modern urban world, however, it is so worth it!
Here are basic tips to get you going.
- Clear out your closet - clean your house: It sounds basic but de-cluttering your space will help you de-clutter your mind. They say the body is the temple of the mind, and it’s much easier to clean the temple of the body and mind when the literal temple of the home is clear. Get new plants and increase the amount of fresh green things in your living space.
- Clean your body: Spring is the perfect time for a mild Ayurvedic cleanse to reduce toxins (ama) from winter. Since spring is ruled by the organs liver and gallbladder, it the perfect time to give those organs a break. It’s like an oil change for your body.
Try cutting out sugar, alcohol, dairy, caffeine, cooked oils and red meat for 2 weeks just to give your body a break. The first 3 days are the hardest, it gets easier after that! Getting a friend or partner to join helps a lot too. Increase your intake of water, yoga, rest and alkaline foods (green veggies, fruits, whole grains, raw olive oil, avocados). If you have allergies, increase your intake of bitter, sour and astringent flavours. Bitter veggies (arugula, mustard greens, dandelion greens) support the liver and gallbladder, helping to cleanse the system. The excess of winter is all about sweet, heavy comfort foods. Now is the time to cleanse those out of the system.
The simplest pranayama practice is samma vrtti, count to 5 as you inhale and 5 as you exhale. Take a short pause after the inhale and after the exhale, as a reminder to pause and take space! If you feel especially hot, stressed or need to relax, lengthen the exhale (5 in, 8 out). 12 rounds of breath is perfect. Then sit or put your legs up for the remainder of the 10 minutes. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Infertility is known to usher a lot of emotional stress in the lives of those who go through it. Often, an overwhelming sense of grief descends upon the couple who try to grapple with the sense of loss. The social and psychological ambience plays a very important role in reconciling one with the harsh reality and prepping one up for a fresh start.
While IVF has proven to be a boon in the lives of many couples, many still take to IVF as the last resort. Another factor that makes the responses about IVF rather ambiguous is the uncertainty of the results. There are numerous factors like failure in embryo attachment or uterine incompatibility that often results in a failed IVF. Therefore, before opting for this surgery, one must be mindful of the consequences.
Some of the ways, one can prepare oneself for IVF have been enlisted below:
- Informed choice: Considering IVF is a rather stressful surgery, one needs to be well aware of the stakes. Reading up about the potential risks and the details about the process, helps one to be prepared for the consequences and deal better with the trauma.
- Take good care of your intimate relationships: Since IVF tends to take a toll on not just the mother, but also the close family, it is important to maintain a strong bond of trust and compassion in the course of the surgery. Hostility and discordance adds on the stress and sometimes inflict grave health implications upon the mother. It is important to support your partner through the entire journey. You may consider professional counselling too.
- Prepare yourself for all possible situations: While the advanced technology aims to minimize any hazard, the results can often be unpredictable. You might want to adequately monitor your cycle in order to anticipate the potential problem areas and the results thereof. You should discuss these with your loved ones to avert excessive stress. It is a good idea to keep oneself productively busy in the due course to avoid anxiety.
Health benefits of ginger
1) digestive issues
2) ginger can treat many forms of nausea, especially morning sickness
3) pain reduction
4) the anti-inflammatory effects can help with osteoarthritis
5) ginger powder may significantly reduce menstrual pain
6) ginger may lower cholesterol levels
7) ginger may lower blood sugars and reduce the risk of heart disease.