Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alaknanda VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Dr Ashok Kumar Jain
Dear Dr Alaknanda, Let me correct you. You have not got VICTORY because you were never in a WAR. You sought natural justice and you got it. And, do not ever say or feel that you are a disabled person, because to me you are the most able and courageous person in the country. And, also remember, nelf and your dear daighter made you do it. With best of love to her, Ashok Jain Ph D
1) if the medicine worked for your neighbor: it may not work on you. Yes, it is not absolutely ok to take a medicine as it treated your neighbor or friend or a relative.
2) a disease or a defection need stages of medication: Any diseases should be treated on levels of medication depending on the severity. Using a medicine without understanding the condition of the disease will destroy your immune system.
3) side effects self medication can not only aggravate your illness but also lead to other complications.
4) names remain same but composition varies you may know what the medicine is but you do not know that the composition of the drug/medicine varies which if taken affects your system.
5) skin creams: a dangerous experiment beautifully projected commercial ads attract you and drive you to purchase and try it on until you realise after usage that your skin gets irritated with it. Beware without a proper understanding of how your skin is, you cannot use over the counter creams and try it on.
6) overdose not knowing how much and when to be taken, the medication can lead to over dosage disturbing your entire internal system.
7) medical store sellers: they are not doctors it is highly seen that medical store sellers are asked by patients for medicines. Remember that the medication given by such people lead to side effects as they least know about your medical history and physical condition.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 18 years old female. Height 5 feet 5 inches. Weight 60 kg. I have irregular periods from starting i.e, since five years, which lasts for 10 days every time. Recently I had my periods lasted for 10 days and again with 7 days gap I had my periods which again lasted for 10 days. And from then daily a little brownish discharge is seen. I ll have very heavy bleeding for 5 - 7 days and the rest with normal bleeding. I am having body pains during my periods. Not able to concentrate on my studies even. What should do to get rid of this. And y is this happening to me.
Exercising outdoors is fun and refreshing in its own way. An early morning jog or doing pull ups on the goal post are fun ways of working out. Summers are usually the best time to take your workouts outside, as it decreases stress levels and revitalizes your body. It is also a good method to increase vitamin D levels in the body as the body is exposed to the sun.
In spite of this, there are some disadvantages of taking your workout outside. Let's focus on them:
1.Chances of accidents go up
It is very common to see people jogging on the road with their headphones plugged in. Incidents of joggers being hit by cars are fairly common, due to the fact that they are unable to hear the honking of a car or may change course along the road without realizing a vehicle is nearby.
2.Too much exposure to the sun
Long distance runners are mostly affected as they log plenty of miles. This can lead to ultraviolet ray exposure which increases the risk of skin cancer. It can also lead to sunburns and tanning of the skin. It is also known to suppress immune system and increase the risk of various infectious diseases.
Working outdoors increases your chances of injuries. Running on hard surfaces tends to cause damage your calf, hamstrings and thighs. It can put more stress on your knee, calf and cause various problems such as runner's knee and shin splints.
4.Difficult to find Help
If you suffer from a serious injury while exercising outside, then it may be difficult to find help. If you injure a joint and are unable to walk, then it may be a problem in getting you proper treatment. This delay in treatment may cause the injury to aggravate.
We had unprotected sex on 8 day of her period that was on 16 march and ipill after 2 hours and bleeding for 2 days on 22 march. Then we tested urine test on 13 april and it is negative. Today 21 april no periods yet is she is pregnant? Or if she is pregnant how to abort it?
What is blighted ovum? Reasons for cause. Is there is any problem in future for conceiving? Thanks in advance.
Hi doctor I'm taking now ayurvedic medicines for healthy follicle egg growing My question is doctor giving kouthaja triphala lehyam it is for egg growing know 3 months over now that medicines taking I don't have ovarian cyst but egg not maturing it is so small last 3 months before scanning doctor told to me now it is growing know for that lehyam please tell me gynecology told to me clomifene tablets 6 months you have to take for egg growing please tell me.
Hello Doctor, My Mother's menstruation cycle is not getting stopped. her age is 43 yrs, She got her periods January 1st 2015 and then it continued for almost 8 days, later it stopped for 5-6 days and again started, this continued till date. Due to this her haemoglobin reduced to 4.5. So our family doctor suggested to get her admitted in hospital and get the blood transfusion done. So we admitted her on 28/01/2015 and continuous 3 days the blood transfusion was done. In total there were 3 bottles blood transfused in her body. Along with the blood transfusion Pause-MF tablets were given just to stop her bleeding, as her bleeding was heavy. Also through saline Pause injection was given. This procedure made her HB rise till 10 and also bleeding stopped, but as the injection course was over the bleeding started again in heavy manner. We consulted one Gynaecologist who gave us solution to insert Mirena Device which would stop her bleeding and other Gynaecologist suggested to remove the Uterus. So my question is which procedure would sense effective in case of this problem? Will Mirena insertion be suffice? Will it have any side effects in future on my Mother's body? Also when we are supposed to remove the uterus? Does it have any side effects on post removal? If yes then please let me know. Below are the details of the sonography reports and blood reports. HB previously: 4.5 HB current : 10 Pap Smear Test : Normal Sonography details: Clinical profile: Menorrhagia Uterus is anteverted and measures 120*59*83 mm The endometrail echo is central and is thick (17.9mm hperplasia) No focal/diffuse uterine abnormality seen. A well defined this walled cyst with clear contents is seen in the right ovary. It measures 52*39mm. The left Ovary is (32*17mm) looks normal. No andnexal abnormality is seen. There is no free fluid see in the cul-de-sac. IMPRESSION : Bulky uterus with a thick endometrial echo. For further avaluation. Right ovarian cyst. Tablets given to stop her bleeding: Xamic (2 times a day) course for 3 days. Just need a avdvise on which would be the right procedure to be followed? Mirena or Uterus removal and also its side effects ans future complications if any? Thanks
As periods became irregular whats the reason. Is it hormonal imbalance. Are all reports normal or will I face problem conceiving.
Vitamin D is crucial for you because it is crucial for regulating the immune system as well as making sure that phosphorous and calcium get absorbed into the bloodstream. However, Vitamin D is crucial for a number of other reasons as well. Here they are:
- Multiple sclerosis: Vitamin D is crucial in lessening your chances of getting multiple sclerosis.
- Heart disease: It has also recently been agreed upon that Vitamin D reduces your chances of getting heart disease.
- Flu: The flu is yet another disease, which may not occur if you have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in your diet.
- Depression: Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in a person's mood. The more Vitamin D there is in your body and diet, the more stable your mood is. The risks of depression are also reduced when your body and diet has an adequate amount of Vitamin D.
- Weight loss: As mentioned earlier, Vitamin D has a number of benefits among which preventing heart disease is included. However, it is worth note that weight loss is also made easier with the more vitamin D you have. This is because Vitamin D has an appetite suppressing effect. However, it should be kept in mind that Vitamin D has to be taken alongside a lot of calcium for these appetite suppressing effects to occur.
- Cancer: Vitamin D is imperative for regulating cell growth. It is also crucial for cell-to-cell communication. 200 genes in the human body are affected adversely when there is an inadequate amount of Vitamin D in your body.
- Diabetes: In a recent study, it has been concluded that infants who received an adequate amount of vitamin D had their chances of suffering from Type 1 reduced by almost 88 percent by the time they turn 30.
- Rickets: The softening of the bones is termed as rickets. Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of Vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften.
Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften. The softening of the bones is termed as rickets.
These are some of many other conditions associated with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Related Tip: "Are Vitamins Vital?"
Diagnosis of a scaphoid fracture can sometimes be difficult, as not all show up on x-rays. For a period of one to two weeks, and an mri/ct scan may be needed to ascertain the treatment.
Treatment is usually with a cast worn on your arm up to your elbow for 8 to 12 weeks. Sometimes surgery is advised. Correct diagnosis and prompt treatment of a scaphoid fracture can help to reduce complications.