Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alaknanda VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Dr Ashok Kumar Jain
Dear Dr Alaknanda, Let me correct you. You have not got VICTORY because you were never in a WAR. You sought natural justice and you got it. And, do not ever say or feel that you are a disabled person, because to me you are the most able and courageous person in the country. And, also remember, nelf and your dear daighter made you do it. With best of love to her, Ashok Jain Ph D
So you love your job and don't mind working after hours, every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your mind-body. Stressing on one, while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future. This will render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headache, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind-body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of that facet:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins, which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing.
On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you are doing to your body affects how your brain works
On the flip side, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result, you're missing out on your regular, healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, negatively.
The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies that improve your mind-body functioning
Practicing therapy and exercise, improves the dual functioning of your mind-body and is, therefore, indispensable for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has suggested, some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your overall well-being:
- Cognitive & behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch!
I am 22 years old I got physical with my boyfriend on 17 august and I don't knw my last period date exactly but it is between 28 to 31 july. And today in 29 I am not having my period. Is their any chances of pregnancy.
My wife pregnant 6 week 2 day Kalse yeh tablets start ki he But aaj subah uthne k baad usko chakkar arahe he or nind hi nind arahi he Kahi aisa to nahi tab me. Power jyada he wo accept na kar pa rahi ho please help me I am so worried Doxinate G Folinine Susten200.
What are the symptoms of pregnancy? What is the accurate period after your periods to get pregnant? Can you please explain in detail?
Am a 23 years old woman. Was on novelon. Got my periods after intercourse. It was normal period from 1-6 aug. Due date was on 1st sept till now it did not occur so did a usg and it was found that uterus is marginally bulky anteverted. Ovaries are also bulky containing cyst. Why my uterus is bulky at this age? And why my periods is not occurring. Is their any chance of pregnancy.
Is the dates are good to eat during pregnancy? Which foods you can recommend during first 2 months of pregnancy?
प्याज मन में हलचल पैदा करने वाला पदार्थ है | कामवासना जगाता है | वीर्य पैदा करता है | उत्तेजना भी देता है ..देर तक संभोग करने की ताकत देता है | औरतो की माहवारी खुलकर लाता है |
ईरानी नागरिक अली अकबर बेग नूरी ने 88 साल की उम्र में 168वीं शादी की | इस उम्र तक उसकी जवानी बरकरार रखने का कारण रोज एक किलो प्याज का सेवन करना था |
मेरा यह घटना बताने का मकसद पाठकों को प्याज की ताकत के बारे में बताना का है | अब मेरे पाठक खुद अंदाजा लगा लें कि प्याज में कितनी ताकत है |
पाठकों के लाभार्थ एक छोटा सा प्रयोग बता रहा हुँ जो मैं अपने पास सैकस कमजोरी की चिकित्सा करवाने आए रोगी को साथ में करने के लिए कहता हुँ , बहुत लाभकारी है , चाहता हुँ कि आप भी सेवन करें और जिंदगी का लुत्फ उठाएं |
योग इस प्रकार है :-
लाल प्याज 50 gm के बारीक टुकडे काटकर इतने ही घी में डालकर और 250 ml. दूध में डालकर गरम करो | जब गर्म करते करते गाढ़ा हो जाए तो ठंडा करके मिश्री मिलाकर लें |
.मर्दानगी पैर चूमेगी
My wife was pregnant and pregnancy was of 8 weeks. But got miscarriage, so we get abortion done as per doctors suggestion and this has happened twice in one year (last time I. E. 7 months back) abortion was done by medicine). We want to plan for a baby, so pls suggest when can we plan it. I.E how much time gap should we take to plan for baby as abortion has been done last week.
I am 29 years old female. I am looking for some good multivitamin tonic. As I am a normal eater. Not eating more vegetables and fruits. Can someone suggest a multivitamin tonic for me. So that I will get multivitamins for my body.
It is a common trend among youngsters to smoke weed as they tend to think it makes them look cool. It is a common misconception that smoking pot relieves various social and personal problems. It is used as a form of escape mechanism that allows them to avoid problems in life.
The usual reasons why people turn to smoking pot are:
- Peer pressure: You may have friends who smoke weed on a regular basis, so you may be tempted to join in.
- Boredom: It is a usual resort to escape from boredom or craving excitement. It is said that smoking weed helps in filling the internal void that results from lack of excitement.
- Rebellion: Weed has also been connected and continues to be a symbol of rebellion among today's teenagers and youngsters.
- Smoking weed has been shown to shrink the size of the orbitofrontal cortex, a region of the brain that is important in making decisions and processing emotions.
- It can alter your mood, hamper body movement and impairs your ability to concentrate and execute tasks.
- It increases your risk of getting affected by phlegm and cough.
- The long term effects of marijuana comprises of impaired learning and thinking skills.
- It also affects the process where new connections are formed in the brain.
- Regular weed smokers have also been shown to have lower IQ levels comparatively.
- Apart from the mental effects, it may also cause breathing discomforts as the smoke may irritate the lungs.
- It also increases the chances of heart attack in the elderly.
- Weed has also been reported to impact the fetus if a pregnant woman smokes it.
- It raises the risk of behavioral problems in children.
- The complications that a child may face are impaired problem solving skills, attention and memory related disorders.
Thus, it is important to stay away from smoking weed as it is addictive and increases your chances of getting affected by numerous health complications.
Hi, i am28, married last 5 years. But never had intercourse until 2015 when we started to think about baby. I was scared that it bleeds during intercourse, so I didn't allow husband for it and he also never forced. I am very much fond of babies, and we both want now, so we started doing inter. I was always scared while. From June 2015 we started doing it, but it didn't succeeded, he never entered in me, may be because I was scared or our position was always wrong, after all it was first time. Slowly slowly we came near to success and at last, last month after my periods on 8 day and so on during ovulation we had and he easily entered. I was happy that finally I came out of my fear. But now last month I had per. On 16, today was due date but not came, sometimes feels it is coming, sometimes nothing. My breasts are swollen badly paining. Backache, loose motions last 4 days feeling. For how many days should I wail, or i am really wondering am I pregnant or what.
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and some other symptoms which are similar to Herpes. It all started with a fever that happened 2 years ago. Since then I have been experiencing these blisters and other such symptoms on a regular basis. Want to know how should I get sure that I have herpes or not? Which test is required? And what is the cure/treatment that I can take for herpes?
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.