Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alaknanda VaidyaYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr Alaknanda, Let me correct you. You have not got VICTORY because you were never in a WAR. You sought natural justice and you got it. And, do not ever say or feel that you are a disabled person, because to me you are the most able and courageous person in the country. And, also remember, nelf and your dear daighter made you do it. With best of love to her, Ashok Jain Ph D
Good morning, last month I got pregnancy, Every day I have fever and headache. Please give solution for above problem.
Hello doctor. My wife is suffering with winter problem synosis she in carrying 7 month pregnant. Pls tell me some tablets for her.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
Dr . Saheb namaskar Presently I'm unable to enjoy sex because of standing problem of penis. My penis could not erectile properly. Pl . Suggest some medicine for penis standing and energy. My age is 48years. Thanks
The smell of your body acts the same way as a natural aphrodisiac will and it can entice your partner for immediate intercourse. However, if the same pleasing smell is converted into a bad odor then your sexual life with your partner would become a little objectionable. It is very imperative that we take care of personal hygiene as regards essential parts of our body to guarantee a happy as well as healthy sex life. Care should be taken that we do not mess up with cleanliness issues and to achieve a healthier comfort zone and follow a few essential tips related to personal hygiene.
General Health Tips to Be Followed
- The first and foremost hygiene tip that must be followed to avoid bad smell is to take a shower. It would make you feel fresh and provide better energy to perform the sexual act.
- It is very essential for couples who want to enjoy oral sex to wash their sexual organs properly. If the sexual organs are not washed properly your partner would be reluctant in giving you oral pleasure. Hence, proper a cleanup is a must and this must be done before and after having sex, which is obligatory even for your personal health.
- In the course of sexual acts, partners often tend to touch the body parts of their partner and if the body parts are hairy, then that too can put your partner off. It is therefore, necessary that all the brittle hair is shaved off properly, and it should be trimmed neatly. The body hair can make it uneasy for you to enjoy sex with your partner.
- The most important hygiene tip that needs to be followed is to keep your hands and nails clean. If the hands or nails are dirty, they are likely to carry harmful microbes in them and that possibly will irritate your partner as well. To feel nice and enjoy sex in a better way it is always better that body parts are cleaned properly.
- Discomfort in sex is also caused when your mouth stinks due to eating something, and your partner would feel reluctant to kiss. It is therefore, best that you brush your teeth before going to bed. The other way you can get rid of the smell is taking some mouth freshener or chewing a mint. It would help in attaining pleasant smell in your mouth.
These hygiene tips must be followed to enjoy romantic moments in your life. Moreover, it is always good to stay clean and maintain personal hygiene.
Having the highest number of population aff ected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high.
Nagpur: having the highest number of population affected by tuberculosis, india also has the highest incidence of genital tuberculosis. The number of indian women suffering from the condition is particularly high. It is among the most common causes of infertility, yet not many doctors consider the possibility of genital tuberculosis while treating infertility.
According to some estimates, around 40% indians are infected with tb bacteria. Most of these are latent cases, wherein the sufferer doesn't show symptoms of the disease but can still spread the disease. Genital tb is found to affect around 1% women in india. Ways to manage the condition were discussed during the conference masterclass infertility organized in the city recently.
"the percentage of infertility in the country increases due to genital tb. Among those seeking treatment for infertility, 10-19% of females are affected by it. However, since the condition doesn't have any noticeable symptoms it remains undetected in most patients and infertility caused by it gets categorized as something else" said senior gynaecologist from the city Dr. Sushma deshmukh. She added that the lack of symptoms means that doctors often don't address genital tb as a reason causing infertility.
"the biggest problem is that very few bacteria can cause the disease. This low number makes most tests made to diagnose the disease unsuccessful. This is why it is recommended that bacteria culture, a molecular biology test for ccr and histopathology on the lining of the uterus must be done together" said bangalore-based gynaecologist Dr. Reeta biliangadi. The positive outcome of all these tests, along with observation of clinical signs indicates that the patient is suffering from genital tb.
Among the warning signs of the condition that doctors and the patients must look for include menstrual problems, constant pain in lower abdomen and white discharge" the condition generally flares up during menstruation in the adolescent age. If detected at this time, the damage to the reproductive organs like uterus and fallopian tubes can be minimized. If not, the damage can worsen with time, making it practically impossible for the woman to conceive naturally" said Dr. Biliangadi.
As the fallopian tubes get affected in all cases of the disease, chances of natural conception among the patients are less than 20%, added Dr. Deshmukh.
"despite the availability of tests to detect genital tb, less than 40% patients with it get the chance to go through the tests" she said.
Affect on reproductive health of patient
It starts by affecting the process of releasing the egg into the uterus, which also leads to menstruation
It destroys endometrium or the lining of the uterus where eggs get implanted. This makes natural conception difficult
Leads to obstruction of fallopian tubes, or gradual destruction of the tubes
Increases the possibility of diseases like fibroids.
We are married from past 2 yrs, in Feb 2014, my wife conceived, however, we had miscarriage and we had to do Dilation and curettage by March 2014 end. Since then we are trying to conceive and we have not got success. In this we also went through, follicular study with (HCG) injection, however, we did not get success. Now our Doctor is suggesting for Intrauterine insemination (IUI). However, before doing Intrauterine insemination (IUI), our Doctor suggested that, we need to check if there is any blockage in fallopian tube and for that we need to under go a laparoscopy or Hysterosalpingogram. Cost for Hysterosalpingogram is 5000 INR and for laparoscopy 25000 INR and if blockage found and if that needs to be cleared additional 25000 INR will be charged. Please suggest as to what is the correct way to proceed? Thank you.
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
I get married 6 year before, I have a son and my breast is very loose and become small. how can I improve their size and shape.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
I am 23 aged. I need to know weather I need laparoscope because it is found that there is cyst in my ovaries .in right it is 4.4 *2.1 and in left it is 4.3 * 2.3 .anti mullein hormone is 17.3 .so please give me your valuable suggestions and opinions.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin, 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack.
Related Tip: Heart Attack - Is the Damage Reversible?
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
My wife has polysystic ovary. She is 26 years old. She has a previous history of breast cancer in her family (mother. Can she be prone to breast cancer? Does she needs to do mammography or any other test now? Due to polysistic ovary can she have pregnancy problems later? Maybe on 28.
I am 39 years, my wife 34 years, trying for second baby. We had love making on 19th Dec 2015 & she was lying in same position for about 30+ minutes using pillow. She got abdominal pain after 2 hours on both sides of stomach nearby ovary till 11th day. Breast become tender on 10 to 12th day. We thought implantation is completed. Suddenly breast pain reduced, become loose as normal, stomach pain also gone on 13th day. On 14th day (from 19th Dec 2015), period was come unexpectedly and bleeding is thick compared to other times. Usually bleeding is very less as few drops for more than one year. What could be the cause for unsuccessful pregnancy?
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.