Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akash Dube
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Akash DubeYour feedback matters!
REHABILITATION FOLLOWING MENISCAL SURGERY
Meniscal injuries are common in today's exercise minded world. The medical meniscus is oval or C-shaped and is larger in diameter than the lateral meniscus. The entire border of the medical meniscus is attached to the tibia by thick coronary ligaments. Meniscal tissue is hydrated, soft, and fibrocartilagenous is slightly greater than that in articular cartilage.
The menisci function to:
1) distribute weight bearing loads
2) increase joint congruency, thus aiding stability
3) limit abnormal motions, and
4) possibly improve articular nourishment.
A. MECHANISM OF INJURY
Non contact stresses are the most frequent mechanism of injury to the menisci. These stresses result from a sudden acceleration or decelerations in combination with a change in direction (eg. when a soccer or lacrosse player“plants and cuts” to elude an opponent). In jumping sports such as volley ball or basket ball, the additional element of vertical force with angular momentum upon landing can contribute to a Meniscal tear. Meniscal lesions may have clinical symptoms.
Displaced tears, such as bucket handle tears, can produce locking and giving way. Non displaced tears can alter meniscus mobility and produce abnormal traction stresses to the capsule and synovium, accounting for the pain associated with such lesions.
B. TREATMENT PLAN
The final component of implementing an individualized rehabilitation program is the formation of a treatment plan. The underlying message of the treatment plan should be a functional orientation to exercise. It is important that the rehabilitation program follow a functional progression. In association with a functional progression, the therapist should follow the SAID principle(specific adaptation to imposed demands). The body adapts to specific activities based on the type of stress experienced, and the type of stress experienced, and the type of adaption that takes place will be specific to the type of training performed.
This concept is demonstrated throughout the rehabilitation process in various closed kinetic chain (body movement performed with one or both feet in a stationary position) exercises, which impose different forces at the knee in multiple planes. Therefore, in following a functional approach to rehabilitation, emphasis should be placed on treatment in a closed kinetic state when appropriate.To initiate the treatment plan, it is imperative to follow certain rehabilitation rules.
These have been described as :
1) create a safe environment for optimal healing.
2) don’t hurt the patient.
3) be as aggressive as you can without breaking rule.
4) The treatment plan can be made effective by understanding the specific effects of the treatment, the cause of the patient’s symptoms, the functional biomechanics of the knee joint, stages of tissue healing, and the patient’s specific injury or surgery.
My girlfriend got pregnant so we decided to use mtp kit. Hence the period started day before yesterday nd by yesterday it stopped so we decided to take one more supportive pill of the kit. By then the flow is regular even it has the pain also. She have to change pad every 2-3 hours. Is there anything to be worried kindly consult. So by the last period she had is on 21 jan it ended up.
I have very bad itching around stomach and vagina. Round patches appear and it is spreading. I tried home remedies but no use. Last year I had a cesarean delivery.
Mam /sir I need to know if bleeding during periods is for 4 to 5 days n now it bleed for 1 2 days smtym 3 very rare so is dere a prblm its happen from last 7 8 month approx. From DEC n small pimples also is dere on face nt xctly pimple pain olso is dere in stomach during periods 1st day. N also regular monthly periods I got.
My wife is 1 month pregnant. This is confirmed using the pregnancy test kit. Also, it is 4 days since she has missed her periods. We already have a 2 year baby and this is an unplanned pregnancy. Request you to kindly suggest and abortion pill available over the counter and it's dosage please. Thanks.
Detoxification is a physiological and medical process of blood cleansing by removing impurities from the blood. It is a means of cleaning and nourishing the body from inside and it is done at least once a year. It includes one or more of the following: dieting, fasting, colon cleansing, removal of dental fillings or cutting out specific foods from your diet.
Benefits of detoxifying your body:
- Gets rid of excess waste
- Boosts your energy
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your respiration process
- Reduces weight
- Provides anti-aging benefits
Majority of the detoxification of your body is carried out by these 4 systems; Digestive, Respiratory, Urinary and Dermal. Any disturbance in these 4 systems results in accumulation of toxins in your body and may cause serious medical illnesses.
Homeopathy approach helps in maintaining the proper functioning and balance of the 4 systems. It is a gentle, natural and one of the safest ways of removing toxins. Homeopathic remedies for treating detoxification are as follows:
- Berberis Vulgaris: It acts as a stimulator of liver, gall bladder and kidneys. It is best suited for people who face rapid change of symptoms, pain all over the body, repeated diarrhea and stone in the kidney.
- Chelidonium tincture: It is a reliable liver and gall bladder drainer. It supports liver in removing toxin from your body due to heavy usage of drugs and antibiotics.
- Senega: It is an effective detoxification remedy for people exposed to respiratory issues with allergies.
- Nux Vomica: It acts as an intestine and liver stimulator. It is mostly used for symptoms linked with a sedentary lifestyle and excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and tobacco.
- Taraxacum Officinale: It is used by people with stomach and digestion issues.
- Fumaria Officinalis: It detoxifies your body by purifying the blood, leading to enhanced functioning of the liver.
- Uva Ursi: It is an effective urinary antiseptic that supports the functioning of kidneys and reproductive system.
- Saponaria: It is used for skin draining purpose.
- Aloe: It is used for detoxification of the rectum.Apart from the homeopathy remedies, other self care measures such as drinking lots of water, healthy eating, exercising regularly, minimizing stress and avoiding alcohol and drugs can help in detoxifying.
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medication: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Please suggest me a pregnancy test that I can do in Home using home kitchen ingredients. Please I am in need of it.
Ayurveda refers Dysmenorrhea as “Udavartini Yonivyapad”. It is a condition where painful cramps are experienced by women during their menstrual cycle. The pain that is experienced is dull or throbbing in nature and is mostly experienced towards the thigh, lower back and mid-abdomen region. Ayurveda believes in eliminating the ama’s (toxins), balance the “dosha’s” and set the hormonal balance right.
What are the symptoms of Dysmenorrhoea?
Some of the typical symptoms through which an Ayurvedic expert can identify Dysmenorrhoea include the following:
- Intense headache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Acute menstrual pain
- Hypersensitivity to touch, light, sound, and smell
Causes of Dysmenorrhoea - An Ayurvedic explanation
Ayurveda states that the reverse direction movement of natural urges aggravates the Apana Vayu to fill the uterus. The uterus feels intense pain. It counters this activity by pushing the menstrual blood upwards and discharges the same with spasmodic pain. Ayurveda goes on to describe the vataj yonivyapad that is associated with dysmenorrhoea, led by ras dhatu. The likelihood of cramps increases if a person consumes excess caffeine and alcohol, has a family history of menstrual pain, leads an extremely stressful life, or suffers from an existing pelvic related disorder, lack of exercise etc.
How to deal with Dysmenorrhoea
Ayurveda suggests various ways to deal with Dysmenorrhoea. Some of the best ways to tackle this condition are through selective dieting, yoga, and consumption of ayurvedic herbs:
- Yoga: Cat stretch position is one of the popular yoga postures that helps a woman to deal with this condition. A woman should rest on her knees and hands and slowly arch backward. Another popular yoga position is known as the pelvic tilt. This is a yoga technique where a woman lies with her knees bent and slowly lifts her buttocks and pelvis.
- Diet: Some of the popular dietary recommendations include increasing calcium, fiber, and complex carbohydrate. It is also essential to cut down on caffeine, red meat, dairy products, sugar, and salt. Magnesium and vitamin B6 supplements also help to deal with this condition.
- Consumption of herbs: Ayurveda has mentioned some of the very important herbs that can effectively treat this condition. Some of the effective ones include jatmansi, gajar beej, hing, sonth, ulatkambal beej, jatmansi, kumari, Asoka, Shatavari etc. There also exist some classical formulations that can help curb this conditions. Some of the very popular formulations include tankan, gulkand and kasis.
The treatment option varies from individual to individual. An Ayurvedic expert studies Agni, Prakriti parikshan, Sahanan, Saar and Vyayam shakti of a person before locking on the course of treatment. Furthermore, each treatment might take different time-frame to cure the condition right from its roots.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!