Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akalpita Dhanorkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Akalpita DhanorkarYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 23 yrs old. I have snoring problems. I am a bit fat. Is that the only reason. And throughout the day I feel like I have lost my energy. Do I have to take any medication.
I got COPD, my stamina has gone down completely. How can I get it back again? At the age of 63 is it advisable to run for building up of stamina?
I need a psychologist. I am depressed bcoz I am having a breakup just 1 week ago. I tried so much to get him. But still but couldn't. I am feeling very embarrassed nd insulted. He insulted me. But I didn't feel. But now I feel that he has hurt my ego.
I wanna know about my problem. Actually I have a problem of taking cough syrup regularly, just to sleep, simply I take alcohol regular. I do not sleep well. Suggest me something.
My mother is 68 years old Type 2 diabetic / hypertension patient. Latest results are: HbA1c is 8.2. Hb is 10.4, Creatine is 3.7. She is currently on H.Mixtard 30 (26-0-10 ), telmikind (0-0-1), Thyronorm 12.5 (1-0-0). Thyronorm was started just 2 days back as we discovered she has TSH of 11. She is currently very weak, mentally confused, unable to walk without assistance. We believe that the weakness could be because of high TSH, and anaemia. We have started treating her for TSH, any ideas on how to treat anaemia considering she has CKD? Also, any opinions on what could be causing muscle weakness/ mental confusion etc? Thanks in advance.
A kidney stone may not be as big as the stones in your garden, but can be quite a pain. Kidney stones are actually mineral crystals that are usually a combination of calcium and phosphates. The size of a kidney stone ranges from the size of a sugar crystal to a ping pong ball.
Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
- Pain relievers - There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Drinking water - Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Medical therapy - In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Surgical removal of kidney stones Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Using sound waves to break up stones In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!