Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ajith MehethaYour feedback matters!
My father 65 year old complaining of burning and vibrating sensation in the chest. He is cad patient with h/o iwmi and pci, stenting (promus element) left circumflex coronary art. He is on ecospirin 75, clopidogrel 75, metformin 500, atorva 20, eplerinone 25, ramipril 2.5. Reason for his symptoms? what to do?
I am 21 yr male. I m student. I always in tension and due to this I think my heart beat fas t. What I will do.
Hello Doctor! I am feeling too much of heaviness in my chest and it keeps shifting left, right and centre. I have full body pain also. Please suggest.
Hi Dr. I am 26 years old female. My blood pressure level was 130/90 in last month of my pregnancy. Now 4 months has completed of my delivery. But still my bp level is 130/90. But before pregnancy and in 1st 8 mnths my bp was normal. Now bp level is 130/90. Is it normal or not?
My father is suffering from Hypertension problem but at afternoon time 11 to 2 pm his heart beat increases and he start sweating and shivering also. Also in echo test his EF is 60% which might be low. So please advice me what should I do now.
I have problem of high bp. sugar .thyroid. spondylitis.i take 100 mg thyronorm. My weight is 70. Nd I am 29 years old. I have a baby boy. When I was pregnant my sugar level shoot up to 650 .since then I am diabetic.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
How to prevent heart deceases? Or heart attack? Any preventive measures are there to avoid it? Pls advice.
What are the symptoms of Gastric? If feel like something is pushing my heart, but have normal breathing…. It has been for three days. What my be the cause of this? Thanking you…. In advance.
I am 65 years vegetarian male with history of diabetes since 1998. I do not consume alcohol. I am also a heart patient with history of ptcas (2) to heart and right carotid artery. Icd is implanted in 2012. For these ailments medication is going on. For diabetes I am taking reclide Mr. (30) once and misobit (25) twice in a day. Ghb is around 7-7.5 and fasting bsl fluctuates between 110 and 120 and pp values are in the range 0f 150-160. I have also non-alcoholic mild cirrhosis. Please let me know whether any effective ayurvedic medicines are available.
Hi. Sir/ mam I am suffering from high blood pressure from age of 17 yrs so pls tel the tips that how to control my BP.
I am a working lady, my work is in field mostly. I am anemic and also my blood pressure keeps on increasing, so I want to ask weather this blood pressure is because of anemia or there may be some other reason. And also what I should do to control my blood pressure.
I am suffering from gerd, am taking mrng sompraz 40 & kinpride 3 times before food. Suddenly am feeling chest pain and severe left abdomen pain. Heart shows normal. But pain cant barable. Wat may be the reason. Kindly suggest for any diagnosis and treatment. Is gerd is cureable. Please help me for solution.
I have been pain since last 2 week in my lower side of left chest. And sometimes it's huge, even I can't move my left arm also due to pain. Is it gastric problem or else?
I am done ECG echo tmt lipid thyroid since one week back all are coming normal but in echo report shows tachycardia and GRADE 1 DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTION WHAT WAS IT and in early mornings I feel palpitations and tightness in chest is it is OK once we done all tests need not to worry.
Angioplasty is referred to as a cardiac procedure, which involves widening the narrowed section of a coronary artery. Usually performed by an interventional cardiologist, this procedure is performed in a cardiac catheterization lab, short for a cath lab. An interventional cardiologist takes extra care to review the risks, in addition to obtaining your counsel prior to preparing you for the procedure. The physician also refers to your medical history in order to determine the amount of anesthesia that should be used.
What happens during the procedure?
Although mild sedatives will be administered to help you relax, the process requires you to remain awake throughout the procedure. The procedure of angioplasty involves cardiac catheterization. The doctor numbs the intended site through medications and inserts the catheter. Following such the doctor inserts a thin sheath in your artery, oftentimes in your groin or arm. A long, narrow, empty tube known as a catheter, is then carefully guided through the sheath, through the blood vessels and into the arteries near the heart.
A little amount of liquid is then injected through the catheter, which is moved through the chambers, valves and vessels of the heart. This movement is then pictured with the help of X-rays, with which the doctors can diagnose the condition and working of the coronary arteries and the heart valve.
The surgical procedure lasts for around 1.5 - 2.5 hours, but the preparation and post - surgical procedures may take several hours. A patient is usually made to stay overnight to be monitored by medical personnel.
What to expect before an Angioplasty?
Most people are made to undergo a blood test and electrocardiogram before having an angioplasty. Usually scheduled a day before the procedure, such tests usually require separate appointments. Usually patients are restricted to eat since 12 hours before the exam.
What happens post-procedure?
After the procedure, you will be instructed to remain flat for 5-6 hours without bending your legs, so as to prevent bleeding. The nurse will instruct you as to when you can get up from your bed. You may not be permitted to drink or eat until the groin sheath is removed as such can cause nausea. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Male 33 years. Bp: 60-90. I feel stressed most f the times because of personal n professional reasons. I also feel fatigued. Any solutions?
I am twenty year old. My blood pressure is seriously low. What can I do? I am sleep long time. Some time 10 hours plus.
When I sleep I fall in dream like my all body is being paralyzed n suddenly I woke up n my heart beats get faster n faster amd full body shivers. Many times this thing happened to me. I got admitted many times.. ECG REPORTS all time are normal but do not knw the reason why this is happening to me. Last time I was admitted doctor told due to gas problem this is happening to you.
Many India household grow Tulsi or Basil Plant as traditional practice.
Apart from being worshipped, it’s also used in a variety of cures.
How to use:
Skin Diseases: Tulsi leaf juice taken internally and applied externally
Cold & stomach upset: Leaf paste with milk
Guard against Malaria: A decoction of 15-20 leaves taken along with pepper powder
Fever & Chest Pain: Twenty leaves crushed and mixed in 2 cup water, boiled to 1 cup; add to this 15 gm mishri and two teaspoon honey. Take two table spoons 4 times a day
Headache: Mix 10-15 leaves with four cloves and a little dry ginger, Grind and apply on forehead.
Longevity, rejuvenation: 7 Leaves eaten along with water every morning on an empty stomach continuously for 108 Days
The Plucking Ritual
The Indian civilization believes, as scientists have proved, that plant also has a sense of feel.
While plucking flowers or leaves, violence should be avoided. One should only pluck the required amount of leaves. No leaves are to be plucked after sunset and its best to water a plant before doing so.