Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ajith KadamYour feedback matters!
I am 57 yrs old suffering from acute pain in my 6th and 7th teeth for the last four days. Advice medicine for relief.
My teeth are getting yellow day by day a yellow coating has been formed as I have changed my placed I am recently in kota rajasthan .i want my white teeth back .plzz provide me a specific solution. I can just open my mouth as I feel shy.
I am 40 yr old female. Two days back I started uneasiness in my mouth and now I am able to see red spots on mucosa of my oral cavity including palate. There is discomfort in throat too with mild swelling evident with little pain. Can you please suggest me some treatment for it.
I want to put new teeth. What is safe and painless method. Is root canal is painful. Pls gave answer soon. Is there any method to make root canal painless. I am very worried.
Sir I have pain in my tuth and holl also in my tuth and my mouth smell very badly so give me solutions sir please I want to remove this smell and pain so give me solutions this.
I am suffering from tooth ache, when ever I eat cold, oh god what a pain, but its never pain like this. If I eat something cold my pain start? Please help some one.
I have problem regarding my teeth. When I eat some cold item then sometime I felt pain in upper portion of my teeth. Some time it take bleeding. How can I solve this problem?
I teeth is getting yellow I try to clean it but it can not please help me, give me a solution to keep clean my teeth and remove plaque from my teeth.
Respective sir/ madam, my teeth are look like yellowish, so how I clean it. That it look white. I want some cheap solutions.
I wanted to know, how I can protect my teeth. Please suggest some household remedy for me. Also I have cavity and tooth decaying problem. So please help me.
Sir I have tooth ache problem lower incisor for 1 month. Should I refer to dentist. And please suggest me some home remedies and what should I do to cure this disease and is it permanently curable.
I am a 35 years and a diabetic . I have an ulcer in my mouth which has turned black for a year or so. My diabetes was detected last year now my sugar levels are always under control I check my sugar every week which is always in normal range. Please advise what to do for this ulcer.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!