Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I have multiple white patches in my inner cheeks (mouth ) since last 24 days. This pin head multiple patches is painless and not irritating me. Sir I am non tobacco user. I never had used tobacco. Can this is leukoplakia as I read in internet or else please help. 24 days ago I travel with an ambulance in which a dead body of my frds father is present. My frrds father is having mouth cancer and got dead is this contagious. Help.
I am facing some problem with my mouth smell can you suggest to relief from smell in mouth and teeth.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
Our teeth are most definitely, vital for our living. Our everyday choices, pertaining to our lifestyle would call for changes, adjustments and lots of sacrifices without them. Though, a number of replacement options are available for the people with missing teeth, the most recommended are dental implants. Ask why?
They are simply the ideal solution due to their look and feel, which is similar to the natural teeth.
What happens if replacement is not considered?
To prevent the nasty repercussions from occurring, it is necessary that any missing teeth are replaced in time. Though, the symptoms of problems due to missing teeth only appear to be superficial in the early stages, the long term effects may certainly prove to be quite severe.
Some of the short term consequences of missing teeth are as follows:
- People with missing teeth tend to feel self-conscious or even embarrassed at times, while they talk to others or smile.
- Problem in speech is a common issue that may arise due to tooth loss.
- When teeth are missing, people find it difficult to consume some certain food types. These may include ones which contain some essential nutrients, hence leading to possible malnutrition.
- Increased wear or stress can also lead to the weakening of the teeth that are remaining.
- People with tooth loss find it difficult to chew the food properly.
- When teeth are missing, there is movement of the teeth that remain, to compensate for the gap places created. This leads to ugly looking gap teeth.
Though, these were the short term issues, the major consequence of not getting any lost teeth replaced is the gradual bone loss. Our teeth are firmly embedded in the jaw bone. Chewing and biting are the constant uses, which are required by the jaw bone to remain hale and hearty as well as active. You may believe it or not, be it at the beginning or at the end; the major focus is not on the teeth, but on the bones.
Maintaining form as well as density of the bone requires regular stimulation, coming from the teeth, as mentioned above. The contact with teeth causes small stresses, which the periodontal ligament transmits to the bone and prompts its continual rebuilding as well as remodelling. When any missing teeth are not replaced, it leads to the gradual deterioration in the jaw bones, over time. This not only results in facial shape changes but also will eventually burn a huge hole in your pockets, as increased complications will also lead to increased costs required for rectifying the problems.
So, now it's up to you. Choose healthy and wise. Go for teeth replacement at the earliest, if and when, need arises.
On last Friday I was in office party an had drinks more than I usually do. After sometime I went to vomit. First time it was food that came out but second time it was blood with water while vomiting. I thought it was due to chicken which I had or just might be color of it. But yesterday early morning I was in office when I observed small amount of blood in my saliva. It was first time and didn't come again though after that I felt blood coming out of my gums. Nothing comes up after spitting again. Pls suggest.
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.