Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit PadalkarYour feedback matters!
Mera baby 3 month ka h Jo Breast feed krta h agr Mala N medicine leti hu to baby ko koi dikt to nhi hogi ya mujhe koi side effect.
My son is 15 month. He no creative mind. He is only cry when he is see another person. He is no learn more anything. He is only like saw t. V; or mobile. What should I do?
My grandson[Aged 14 months] recently had fever and got two seizures duration of 2 to five minutes with a span of 24 hrs .He was admitted to the ICU and is now discharged after staying for 24 hrs .Understand he had a throat infection and was on antibiotics. Now let me know if he is prone to seizures or it was one off and is common
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do Breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.