Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit KaliaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering dental problem like bleeding from gum and smell of mouth, from last 1years can you suggest how can I treat.
2) Oral hygiene techniques, including tooth brushing, flossing, diet modification, use of antimicrobial mouth rinses and topical fluorides are initiated, reviewed, and used by all patients.
3) Patients with poor dental status who have demonstrated little interest or ability to improve their oral hygiene must be advised to have their teeth extracted and dentures made.
4) Retained roots and fully impacted teeth without clinical or radiological symptoms are left in place. Implants with a probing depth greater than 7 mm must be explanted.
5) A significant correlation between dental foci and the incidence of Acute GVHD was found although this was also recorded in patients who underwent dental treatment.
(As per a. B. Melkos et al published in journal of Clinical Oral Invest (2003))
Sir /madam, I am suffering from severe gum bleeding. Everyday it bleeds for unknowing reasons even when I do not do anything that might have cause gum bleeding. Please suggest me what should I do. What may be tha consequences. Please advise me some effective home remedies. Waiting with hope for your valuable response. Thank you.
There is swelling in gums and pus forms after interval of 3 days. I also consulted a doctor but there is no relief in my gums. What should I do?
A loss of tooth or teeth is one of the biggest dental problems that someone can face. The irony is that people consider loss of teeth to be very insignificant. But in reality loss of teeth can lead to not only cosmetic problems, but also functional problems and an unstable chewing mechanism.
Loss of teeth can lead to many problems. Some of them are:
- Supra eruption of opposing teeth
- Compromised efficiency of chewing
- Adjacent teeth might drift into the space created by missing teeth
- Food tend to accumulate between teeth, which have moved
- Food accumulation also leads to periodontal disease and caries
- A lopsided chewing pattern as there is loss of equilibrium in the mechanism of chewing
- The extracted area might reveal a loss of bone height
- Problems of the temporomandibular joints, like closed bite and TMJ osteoarthritis
- The existing functional teeth might lead to problems due to overload
- There are increased chances of cheek biting due to collapse of the cheek in the missing space, thus leading to functional and cosmetic problems
- The frequency of tongue biting and ulceration might increase in the area of missing teeth or tooth
When missing teeth are replaced, one can easily restore the healthy look of the teeth and also prevent any other dental problems which are due to the missing teeth.
While replacement of the missing teeth it is of utmost importance that the equilibrium is maintained with the distribution of the forces caused by chewing. Care is also taken that the cosmetic outlook is also maintained in the treatment.
Ideally the teeth when extracted or lost should be immediately replaced. This is because the replacement prevents the bone resorption or bone loss in the area and also retains the good bone. But a drawback is that such an immediate replacement might lead to limitation. Immediate treatment is usually done with the help of implants which easily fit in the sockets created by extraction. But even for this an analysis of the bone and gum health is necessary, thus leading to only a few instances for such replacements. Other alternative is that immediate removable dentures can be prepared and these can be replaced once the gums of the area have healed. The time period for this is usually 3 months. If these need to be fixed permanently then a waiting period of 3 months is mandatory for the settling and healing of the gums and bone of the area.
The 3 basic ways of fixing missing teeth are through implants, fixed bridgework (bridges and crowns) and dentures, which can be removed.