Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajit Dharmawat
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit DharmawatYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old Male (5o kg weight, O) and am working as Lecturer in a College in India. Since few months I am getting rashes on my skin if the weather changes, grey coloured stools (often). Near the toes of left leg the skin became rough and if scratched even lightly blood oozes out. My belly starts bulging now. I lost my appetite, sleep and even if I sleep it is not deep sleep. Recently my fingers started paining (Here in India Doctors said - may be Leishmaniasis (Testkit unavailable so confirmation cannot be done). Or HIV (I rule out this since I am unmarried and never had any sex with any woman) How to confirm any of these diseases?
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 30 years old male. Since the last few days whenever I went to toilet to pass stool, no matter how much time I spent in the toilet, after getting up I felt as if I am not fresh. Also while passing air it would smell like I still need to pass stool but I would not feel any pressure. Last Saturday while I was about to flush I noticed a lot of blood with stool in the morning but there was no discomfort at all and I dint even realize anything was wrong, in the evening on saturday I again went to toilet but everything was normal. After that I was able to pass stool normally without any discomfort and felt fresh. Kindly help as to why there was blood in my Stool and is it a cause of worry. Thanks in Advance.
hi, I have been having melasma problem nose and check I am doing many treatment but there is no result.
My 55-year-old husband has been having BPH (prostate sized nearly 96 gms) problem for 3 years was on urimax-D.He lately developed a mobile bladder stone of nearly 1. 2 cm which caused a couple of bleeding episodes. Was on 3-month medication but now has been recommended surgery --TURP and lithoparaxy. Is it the final resort? If so which are known hospitals in Delhi NCR for laser based prostate surgery which is less invasive and faster recovery time. Please advise. His other parameters are absolutely fine.
I am 34 years old female. I had pimples and my skin have become very dark in last few months. I have been taking hyperthreonine from last 4 months. Pimples are no more bt skin have become darker and dull. Pls advice some home made remedies. I have vegetarian.
How to build up stamina I msstubrate daily but I want to stop this. I am losing my stamina day by day plsz help also want to glow my face enrich my face skin plsz tell me what I do.
The first thing anyone notices about you is your face and often people find themselves wishing for things like a slimmer nose, fuller lips etc. This is where facial cosmetic surgery comes in. Facial cosmetic surgery can address areas like your eyebrows, nose, cheeks, chin etc to give you the facial structure you've dreamed of.
Take a look at some of the common types of facial cosmetic procedures:
- Brow lift: Frown lines and creases that develop across the forehead, between the eyes and over the nose bridge can be addressed through this procedure. This surgery is performed mainly to combat signs of aging and involves raising eye brows that may be sagging over the eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness in the upper eye lids may be caused by excessive fat deposits. When combined with sagging skin, it can disturb the contours of the eye and in some cases cause vision problems. Blepharoplasty or eye lid surgery removes this excess skin and corrects fine lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes.
- Nose: A rhinoplasty is used to reconstruct the nose. The nasal skin is separated from the tissue and cartilage structure underneath which is then reshaped as desired and then sutured together again. Rhinoplasty is of two types; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Ears: An octoplasty is a facial cosmetic surgery aimed at correcting protruding ears or large outer ears and correcting ear deformities such as a lop ear, cupped ear or shell ear and torn ear lobes. This surgery is usually performed on children between the ages of 4 to 14.
- Chin: Surgery on your chin can reshape it to make it look smaller or bigger as desired. This can be done by reshaping the jaw bone or inserting an implant. In some cases the procedure may be combined with liposuction.
- Forehead: Signs of aging on the forehead, frown lines or heavy brows triggered by stress and hereditary furrowed lines above the nose can be addressed with a forehead lift. This procedure is often performed along with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
- Facelift: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity. This triggers the development of wrinkles and deepens creases along the nose and cheek. Facelifts address these signs of aging by tightening skin and strengthening the muscles beneath it. Facial cosmetic surgery can also be used to correct congenital defects such as cleft lips and to treat scars.
Surgery to repair a cleft lip or cleft palate not only enhances appearances but also enhances the quality of life by improving functionality. Scar revision surgery involves the injecting or application of steroid medication to lighten the scar and make it less obvious. To treat burns that leave behind prominent scars, a procedure called Z plasty may be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Winter weather is not fun for skin. Cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air. Without immediate care, dry skin can lead to cracking and bleeding, and harsh winter wind makes the problem worse.
Best Skin Care Tips For Winter Season
1. Hot showers and baths always feel good in the winter
2. Keep a moisturizer bottle near the bathtub, shower stall, and at every sink and use liberally every time you wash.
3. Get used to wearing gloves and scarves to protect skin from cold winds.
4. Heating systems dry out the air, so consider installing a humidifier in your home.
5. Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out.
6. Homemade hydrating masks can provide needed moisture during the winter months.