Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajaykumar KolekarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments.?
I never eat gutkha or any other injurious thing rather than on my teeth there is lots of yellowness please tell me to reduce yellowness naturally and what precautions required for this.
I am 55yrs old man. I am having a tumor in side of my tounge. As I am an sugar patient. I have consult an e. N. T he referd an opration and at the sane time another doctor advised me to continue the madicin. Please suggest me what is better and usefull for me.
I have teeth pain and blood comes out from my lower four teeth. My teeth muscles are not so thick, thats why there are certain gaps between my teeth. How can I overcome with my these problem? please suggest me.
My wife is suffering from high BP since last 10 years. Her bp pattern remains in range 170/90 for about one month. We have been monitoring regularly at home. She takes a pill LODOS 2.5. Also she has been taking garlic pills. However it never reduces below this level. She is quite reluctant to visit a doctor. Also she has lost 70%of her teeth still she does nt want to visit dental surgeon for treatment. Is this could be a reason for her high blood pressure. Please help.
I am a 38 years old man suffering from dental problem. As per the fact I did three rct on diffrent teeth but all are breoken within one year. I dont know- why? I am diabetic patient. Please advice.
I have pain in my earlobe from last about a month. Showed to ENT Doctor, she said pain was due to some tooth. Shooting upwards. My dentist did an OPG. Which is clear shows no sign of any tooth problem, but the pain persists. ENT Doctor says it is Nerve pain, she suggested to have PREGABA 75, which I am taking from last 20 days. Please guide.
Hi i am Having a toothache from long time n I'm out of station so can't visit here for a dental checkup so please suggest me any pain killer with long lasting results.
Hello, I suffering from. My tongue is going thicker to thicker and make me in problem like in talking, some time in breathing.
Hello, sir my father have been recovered from cancer that is 1st n 2nd stage in neck behind the tongue he has been recover last year by month of september'2014. But still now he is not getting any taste while eating anything. He cannot eat spicy things. His tongue always remain dry due to saliva destroy, so how can he will be able to eat every thing specialy spicy.
Im suffering in teeth pain I since 3 days I think its cavity but its not its something strange bleeding from my teeth I do not know what to do.
Dear sir I am suffering from germs of teeth so please tell me any tooth paste name which I can remove germs.
I have teeth issues they are not in lines. One front and another behind. Please tell what I have to do.
I am having toothache and started getting cavity as well. How to stop the cavity which is there from molars to front teeth.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.