Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AjayYour feedback matters!
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
From last thursday I am having fever I took tab like emset 4mg, calpol 500mg and cap pantocid-d still now I m nt comfortable, daily night I m getting severe fever and my eyes are becoming too much of red. If I took the tablets then I got cure for some hours bt completely its not cured. I am working as a designer so I have to sit in front of computer nearly about 9 hours a day. This is because of that or any other. So what should I do?
I am 16 years old boy I am suffering from sight related eye problems since my 3rd class so please give some suggestions.
Hi I'm 24 years old, I get frequent headaches mostly on the right side. Whenever I go outside and face sunlight for ten minutes, I get headaches. I have already consulted an eye specialist and he said there is no eye problem. Is it normal headache or some sort of major symptom of anything? Kindly reply me with some solution. Thank you.
Hi sir as my eyes are becoming yellow and I can't sleep in night till 2'o clock. If I laid for sleeping early mean at 11 or 12 0'clock I can't sleep.
I have a severe eyelid swelling due to allergies. I want to consult a doctor. Whom should I consult. A dermatologist or an eye doctor. What should I do to treat ds swelling? Sometimes it itches.
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
I'm suffering from severe headache I use my laptop many hours in a day. I'm also getting water through my eyes frequently. What should I do.
I am 31 year old. Too much burning sensation in the eye. Itchy eye. Eye lids upper and lower r dry and wrinkled. Sometimes slightly swell. Tests showed tat more power in d right eye than left. Doctor suggested photocromatic glass. Please tell the exact reason. And remedies and precautions .using heads and Olorex drops.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from chronic dry eyes problems from last 3 years & not getting any relief after using the medicines. My tears generations is 8 mm instead of 15~20 mm. Pl. Suggest some ayurvedic treatment for this.
I'm starting to observe that my eyes are bulging a bit. Moreover, I feel my eyes get squint when I see far things. What should I do?
Sir/Ma'am, which technology and machine is best suitable for LASIK surgery? Wat are the after effects of LASIK surgery on eyes? Is it really a safe option to go for permanent improvement of vision? My eye sight is -3.5 in right and -2.75 in left eye. Will LASIK make the vision 6/6? Please ans these queries.
Doctor has recommended glasses for my 5-year old daughter. Will it be right get her glasses in such a small age. Can eye sight improve naturally as age grows?
Children who were addicted to gadgets get children to play outdoors for an hour. Research studies in Singapore and in China found that children who played outdoors for an hour a day had fewer incidence of myopia compared to children who spent their time indoors with gadgets