Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Agashe A VYour feedback matters!
What will be consequences and side effects if mifepristone and misoprostol had taken without pregnancy and why period is not starting even after 50 days.
I was not having periods, I got sonography, multiple hormonal tests done everything came in normal however my prolactin level came as quite high after M.R.I it was detected m having micro 8.8 mm prolactinoma. The docs gave me medicine n all expressed that nothing is wrong and its treatable by a single medicine. But my concern is though its all benign and all treatable but am I prone to get cancer as compared to others or its just my anxiety and another main concern is m feeling tired and a bit light headedness so can you please send me the name of an effective medicine which helps me get relieve my fatigueness. Please please ill be highly obliged as I want to get normal and active as i.was before. Thanks in advance.
My mother is 43 years old & in an USG: WHOLE ABDOMEN Report she has LIVER ENLARGED (186.3mm) IN SIZE WITH INCREASED PARENCHYMAL ECHOTEXTURE.(FATTY CHANGES GRADE-2. No IHBR dilation/focal SOL is seen. UTERUS is ANTEVERTED and Measures (89.6mm x 43.8mm x55.3mm; VOL-113.6ml BULKY) IMPRESSION: Hepatomegaly with fatty changes grade-2.
I have married before 2 and a half yrs there is a pregnancy problem with us we want a child so what should we do.
My pregnancy result came as weakly positive in urine test and my beta hcg count is 39.4. My last period was on Nov 3rd. Doctor told that it is not a healthy pregnancy. But I got my periods yesterday (after one month and thirteen days) with heavy bleeding and with period cramps. Guide me further. Is there a thing to worry.
As per my wife's latest USG dated 24 sep 16 she is into 34 weeks of pregnancy. Foetal weight is 2437 GM's. Report says grade 2 maturity. Fhr is 150 beats. Pls advise if all is OK. what does grade 2 maturity means. As per USG EDD is 30 Oct. My doctor has advised to go for the delivery on 14 Sept. Is it OK or Should we wait till 30 Oct.
Doctor m suffering from itching in vagina and white discharge from last 2 months and the itching is horrible. please suggest medicines.
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Antibiotics are generally used when a person comes down with an infection or viral issues. This kind of medication is usually prescribed to stop the growth of the microorganisms, bacteria and virus that causes the infection. Yet, there are many people who do not want to have medicines or give the same to their children at all times. So you can also try some natural kitchen ingredients that act as antibiotics.
This can also save you a trip to the pharmacist. Just look around your kitchen the next time you have an infection and try to look for the following ingredients so that you can treat the same in a natural and organic manner.
- Garlic: This is a wonder ingredient that is used for a variety of purposes inside and outside the kitchen. Garlic has been used as a condiment in all Indian cuisines since time immemorial. The compound present in garlic is called allicin which has properties that are similar to penicillin. This is a natural antibiotic that can stop the growth of the virus and the bacteria so that the infection can be treated in a natural manner. Besides being an antibiotic, this ingredient also works as an anti inflammatory drug. From colds to managing cardiovascular problems and all kinds of infections, this ingredient can help in treating a variety of conditions.
- Honey: Honey is a rich ingredient that should be taken on a daily basis so that one can not only treat, but also prevent various kinds of infections and other conditions. The high levels of antioxidants can help in removing the toxins and the bacteria so that the infection can be removed from the body. This can also be applied as an antiseptic on the skin when there is an infection or a cut.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is a vegetable that is rich when it comes to sulphur. This is an element that is known as a good infection medication especially for skin eruptions like corns and various other kinds of issues. Vitamin C is also another ingredient that is present in cabbage. The combination of sulphur and this vitamin helps in fighting infection and also preventing the same. You can have lots of cabbage in your vegetable preparations as well as salads.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is another ingredient that is known to help in many matters. One can effectively manage one’s weight and manage chronic lifestyle diseases like diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases. This can also help in fighting infections if taken in its raw form. This is also an antiseptic element that helps in preventing infections if one has had any wound. This can also be used to sterilize the area where one gets wounded as it is a chemical free astringent.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is one of the best antibiotics and antiseptics that can also help in removing the toxins that are present in specific parts of the body. This will help in fighting infections and preventing the same, if taken on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
After a tiring work session, there is nothing more relaxing than a cup of tea. It is such a refreshing beverage which is highly popular amongst people of all age groups. It is a natural oxidant and a great source of fluoride which relaxes and calms the human mind like no other beverage. It also boosts the exercise endurance and also adds up many health benefits such as it reduces the risk of heart attacks, fights against cardiovascular diseases and also has cancer- fighting benefits as well.
Although all types of tea begin with a tea leaf of the plant known as Camellia sinensis, the process in which the leaves are processed, determines if it converts to green, white, black or any other type of tea. Basically, there are five varieties of tea namely, green, white, oolong, pu-erh and black. In this article, we’ll discuss the white tea and its benefits.
White tea offers the most exquisitely subtle experience of drinking tea. Unlike other teas, it undergoes the least processing and is withered and dried after harvesting. This tea has the most delicate aroma and flavour among all teas, and tastes very light and bright. It is called white tea because there are silvery-white pubescent hairs on the surface of the tea buds of the white tea and it also has a light cream-colored liquor present in it. White tea mainly originates in the Fujian province of China. It is produced in very limited quantity and that too only a few parts of the world. It has many health benefits too.
- It is very beneficial in weight loss. The studies suggest that white tea has the property of preventing adipogenesis, i.e., the process of formation of fat cells.
- It is effective in reducing the risk of tooth decay or cavity. It improves the oral health of a person. Presence of flavonoids, polyphenols, and tannins in white tea help to inhibit the growth of plaque-forming bacteria in the mouth.
- Due to its antioxidant properties, white tea helps in the quick repair and recovery of the damaged skin and it also reduces the risk of premature aging. With the same, it also protects the skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays, thus, adding to youthful and healthy skin.
- It is very beneficial in preventing cancers; especially the lung cancer. Studies suggest that white tea serves as a chemopreventive agent and its extracts can induce the cell death and can also prevent the growth of new cells during lung cancer. It also possesses the antimutagenic properties.
- Consuming white tea also aids in managing diabetes. Research suggests that white tea can give relief to diabetic patients from the diabetes symptoms like decrease in the level of plasma glucose in the body, excessive thirst and increase in the secretion of urine.
- The Flavonoids present in the white tea reduce the risk of various cardiovascular diseases. These help decreasing the blood pressure, and improves dyslipidemia and endothelial function and also inhibits the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein in the body.
- Boosts energy, but is not addicting: There is only 28 milligrams of caffeine in one 8 oz. cup of white tea, which gives it a relatively low level in comparison to other caffeinated beverages, such as coffee or green tea.white tea can provide an energetic boost, but isn’t as addicting and doesn’t result in withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
In the course of their life, women have to go through a lot of changes and challenges that make them wiser and better at handling the circumstances that they faced. Women go through physical as well as emotional changes when they reach puberty. Also, after the menstrual cycle begins the lady has to struggle through different pre-menstrual symptoms each month. It is because of the menstrual cycle that women are able to conceive and give birth to life, which means that it can be safely said that the source of all human life is owed to the menstrual cycle of women.
It is however, seen that when the menstrual cycle comes to an end in the form of menopause and the uterus takes a retirement, the women going through menopause end up experiencing difficult times and health issues. A lot of women complain of severe mood swings, depression, increased fatigue, hot flashes, dryness in the vaginal region and even problems like osteoporosis in a lot of cases. While these may sound like deadly challenges and a lot of women may lead unhealthy lives by accepting the changes, it should be realized that the problem is treatable.
Hormone replacement therapy:
When the menstrual cycle works regularly, it ensures that the level of hormones in the body are regularised and the body does not face discomfort, but when menopause strikes the body stops making the important hormones and throws the system out of order. In order to make sure that the body remains healthy and the problems related to menopause are kept at bay, it may be important to replenish the body with the hormones and this is how the hormone replacement therapy works.
HRT or hormone replacement therapy is found to be a common medication and type of treatment in the modern times, but this does not mean that the patients may be safe by getting their treatment from just any doctor. It is particularly essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist in the field is chosen and the therapy is started only with the right expertise. The administering of the hormones may be a tricky treatment and if the patient is not in the right hands, they may fall prey to problems such as inadequate or excessive hormones, which may in turn be a source of more health issues.
Choosing your expert:
Running a simple search on the internet about how the treatment for hormone replacement should be taken and the doctors who specialize in the course of treatment may lead you to a number of reliable names. With the help of the search and a thorough study about the background and experience of the specialists so that you are able to put yourself in safe and able hands only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 18 years old I have irregular periods, I have not had my periods since last 3 months what should I do?
I am 23 years old I am married I am suffering from vaginal itching and rashes b urning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulvaPain when you urinate (pee) Pain during sex ,rashes on vagina very severe burning.
I started my period 12th this month but think I'm going be finished today then we be having sex every other day and on 25th and it said that If have it on 14th day that get pregnant as it ideal from first day started period.
My wife tried ivf last year but it resulted negative .she is 41 n myself 33. 2 years before we tried to get her tubes opened by laparoscopy as she had blocked fallopian tubes but doctor found she had abdominal tb. We don't even know whether tubes were opened or not. Now she feels pain sometimes at her stomach lower right side .Please guide us about pregnancy n about pain. Thanks n regards.
My daughter is 26. She has crohn' s disease for last 8 yrs. She took infliximab last year 3 doses & is quite fit now. She continues medicines like pentasa & azoran. She is married for last 2. 5 yrs. Can she concieve a healthy baby? Please advise.
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
अश्वगंधा एक सदाबहार झाड़ी है जो भारत, मध्य पूर्व और अफ्रीका के कुछ हिस्सों में पाई जाती है। इसकी जड़ें और नारंगी-लाल फल का प्रयोग सैकड़ों वर्षों से औषधीय प्रयोजनों के लिए किया गया है। इस जड़ी बूटी को भारतीय जीन्सेंग या विंटर चेरी भी कहा जाता है। अश्वगंधा का अर्थ 'घोड़े की गंध' है, जो इसकी जड़ों की विशिष्ट गंध को दर्शाता है।
अश्वगंधा एक अनुकूलन है और तनाव से लड़ने में मदद करता है। अश्वगंधा को अक्सर पुनर्योजक के रूप में प्रयोग किया जाता है। यह एक शामक, अनुत्तेजक, मूत्रवर्धक और शारीरिक ऊर्जा और धीरज बढ़ाने के लिए भी इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है। भारत में, मस्तिष्क संबंधी विकारों जैसे कि स्मृति हानि के इलाज के लिए अक्सर बुजुर्ग मरीजों को अश्वगंधा का विवरण दिया जाता है।
अश्वगंधा के फायदे
आधुनिक अध्ययनों से पता चला है कि अश्वगंधा कई उपयोगों के लिए फायदेमंद हो सकता है, जैसे:
1. थायराइड के लिए:
अश्वगंधा जैसे अनुकूली औषधि के बारे में सबसे अविश्वसनीय पहलुओं में से एक यह है कि यह लोगों को हाइपो और हाइपर थाइरोइड दोनों मुद्दों के साथ मदद कर सकता है। यह हाशिमोटोस से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए थाइरोइड की मंदगति का समर्थन करता है, और अतिरक्त थायरॉयड या ग्रेव्स रोग वाले लोगों के स्वास्थ्य में भी सुधार करता है। इसके अलावा यह बहुत से मुक्त कणों की सफाई का प्रचार करके लिपिड पेरोक्सीडेशन को कम कर देता है जिससे सेलुलर क्षति होती है।
2. अधिवृक्क कायाकल्प के लिए:
अश्वगंधा अधिवृक्क कार्य को समर्थन देने में भी प्रभावी है जिससे आपको अधिवृक्क थकान और पुरानी तनाव पर काबू पाने में मदद मिलती है। यदि आपका एड्रनल समाप्त हो जाता है तो वह आपके अन्य हार्मोन को भी बाधित कर सकता है, जिसमें प्रोजेस्टेरोन शामिल है, जो बांझपन पैदा कर सकता है और डी.एच.ई.ए कम हो सकता है - जिससे उम्र बढ़ने की प्रक्रिया तेज हो जाती है।
मेडिकल अध्ययन से पता चला है कि अश्वगंधा कोर्टिसोल के स्तर में सुधार, इंसुलिन की संवेदनशीलता में सुधार और स्वाभाविक रूप से हार्मोन को संतुलित करता है।
3. मस्तिष्क के लिए:
हाल ही में किए गए अनुसंधान ने सिद्ध किया है कि अश्वगंधा केवल तनाव से राहत में मदद नहीं करता है, बल्कि यह मस्तिष्क को अवसाद से बचाता है और अल्जाइमर, अवसाद और चिंता के लक्षणों में सुधार करता है। मस्तिष्क के उपचार में अश्वगंधा के प्रभावशाली होने के मुख्य कारणों में से एक यह है कि इसके शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सिडेंट उम्र बढ़ने की प्रक्रिया में वृद्धि लाने वेल मुक्त कणों को नष्ट कर देते हैं।
4. मनोदशा सुधारता है:
चिंता और अवसाद दोनों के उपचार में अश्वगंधा प्रभावी है। अश्वगंधा का प्रमुख लाभ यह है कि बिना-अवसाद और विरोधी-चिंता वाली दवाओं की तुलना में इसे लेकर कोई प्रतिकूल प्रतिक्रिया नहीं होती है, जो भयानक साइड इफेक्ट भी कर सकते हैं।
5. कैंसर के लिए:
कुछ अध्ययनों में यह पाया गया कि अश्वगंधा में शक्तिशाली विरोधी ट्यूमर प्रभाव है। यह भी पाया गया है की इसका रस कैंसर कोशिकाओं के प्रसार को रोकता है - विशेष रूप से स्तन, फेफड़े, पेट, और पेट के कैंसर कोशिकाएँ। ऐसा माना जाता है कि मुख्य रूप से इसकी प्रतिरक्षा बूस्टिंग और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट क्षमता कैंसर कोशिकाओं के विकास को रोकने में मदद करती करती। मौजूदा कैंसर के इलाज में कीमोथेरेपी के अतिरिक्त अश्वगंधा एक बहुत उपयोगी हो सकता है। इसका रस कीमोथेरेपी के दौरान प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली पे दबाव पड़ने से रोकता है।
अश्वगंधा, कीमोथेरेपी से जुड़ी सबसे बड़ी चिंताओं में से एक- शरीर में सफेद रक्त कोशिकाओं की संख्या में कमी, का सामना करने में सक्षम है।
6. सहनशक्ति और धीरज बढ़ाए:
मस्तिष्क पर इसके सकारात्मक शांतिदायक लेकिन उत्साहजनक प्रभाव और तनाव पैदा करने वाले हार्मोन को कम करने की क्षमता के कारण अश्वगंधा एकाग्रता, प्रेरणा, और सहनशक्ति में सुधार कर सकता है। इसके निचोड़ से ऊर्जा स्तर स्थिर रखने के अलावा मांसपेशियों और जोड़ों में शारीरिक दर्द को कम करने में भी मदद मिलती है।
अश्वगंधा के दुष्प्रभाव
अश्वगंधा के स्वास्थ्य लाभ अनन्त हैं, लेकिन अगर अतिरिक्त या लंबे समय तक उपयोग किया जाता है तो आपके शरीर को नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है।
1. इसे थायरॉयड दवाओं के साथ लेने से अतिरिक्त थायरॉयड हार्मोन पैदा हो सकता है, जो रोगी के लिए समस्या पैदा कर सकता है।
2. गर्भधारण के दौरान अश्वगंधा का उपयोग गर्भपात का कारण बन सकता है। यह भ्रूण को भी नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है इसलिए, गर्भवती या स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाओं को अश्वगंधा लेने से बचना चाहिए।
3. अश्वगंधा का उपयोग करने पर, पेट में जलन सबसे आम साइड इफेक्ट है। तो, यदि आपके पेट मे अल्सर हैं तो इसका उपयोग ना करें।
4. अतिरिक्त खपत पर यह नींद और उनींदापन का कारण हो सकता है।