Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Agarwal
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My father is 72 years old. He has a healthy heart as per his recent tmt test. He can take stress up to 82%. His chest x-ray report is also fine but when ever he walks he feels an heaviness on his chest which is becoming unbearable day by day. He has constipation, diabetes, high bp, spondylitis, and also arthritis please suggest what to do.
I am a heavy smoker but have moved to vaping 6 months back. I occasionally feel a pain in my chest and it has been happening frequently now. The pain is in the center right of my chest. It pains a little when I breathe in. Also hurts when I touch that part. What could it be? Any tests you prescribe to diagnose this better?
I am 45 years female have my valve blocked 95%. Is homeopathy advisable at this stage? Or what is the best suggestion?
Hello sir/madam, I have a small hiatus hernia and I experience heart aches and stomach problems mostly. I have been prescribed esomeprazole and sucral syrup for a month and I'm having it for 2 weeks now. I have also been diagnosed with hypothyroidism which I have a value of 18.00 tsh and I'm having thyrox50 pills as well for the last two weeks. Can the thyroid be cured completely. Will he chest pain remain life long? Can you please help me.
I've a friend who is 22 and suffering from severe chest pain, specifically right after having meal. What to do?
Around 10 days ago my mother developed breathing problem, cough, burps and doctor told that she has weak heart and bp problem. Please tell what we can do to strengthen the heart function and also in what way she should sleep at night? what care she should take?
On 28 Oct 17 I was given telma40 mg. & Tolvat 15 mg, My BP was 170/110, again I visited nephrologist as I have been calling him about it, he then changed medication to abraxeal 80 mg & minipress5 mg, slightly BP changed to 150/100 mg ,then again it was increasing ,kindly advice, age 43 years, History of ADPKD, mom and brother also have ADPKD, Please guide me and advice for reduction in BP!
I was having hypertension. I am taking ramistar 2.5 for the past 2 years. Now my BP level has become normal. Can I stop taking ramistar? Please advise.
How to control cholesterol and can we use sugar free powder for diabetes person is dat good for health.
Good morning all. I am 28 year old. And since last 6 months I have my blood pressure 130/90. My mind is always thinking something and some time I feel pain in my left hand. What remedies I should take and do I have to take BP tablets daily or can I cope up with exercise and what food to be taken and which food is to be avoided. Thanks a lot.
" Am I going to suffer permanent heart damage or am I at major risk for a heart attack, when my prescription dosage for hypothyroidism isn't at the right level?
My dad is 46 years old and he has both blood pressure and diabetes. He is 94 kgs and he is having trouble with these lately. Pls tell how he must control his bp and diabetes.
I am 62 years old male. I had profuse nose bleeding three times between 12th and 13th of March 2016, despite immediate medical attention on the first two occasions and once as an in-patient. I was transferred to another corporate hospital and was hospitalised till 17th March. I ran a high BP of 170/90 in the first instant and became quite normal at the time of the third instance. I suffer from septum deviation for more than 25 years and take medication on and off. I was diagnosed with EPISTAXIS RIGHT NOSTRIL, DEVIATED NASAL SEPTUM -LEFT and UPPER AIRWAY RESISTANCE SYNDROME. The Diagnostic Nasal Endoscopy and Cauterization were done on 14th and I am to be reviewed after 15 days. Presently I am on medication. Will this treatment solve my problem on permanent basis?
I took allopathic medicines that dilates the heart vessels. I took propranolol hydrochloride for my migraine pain. I feel palpitation in my heart. What are the best ayurvedic medicines to improve heart health. Please suggest me some medicines to improve my heart health. What yoga exercises are beneficial for heart? Please help me.
My mom is having heart problem. So doctor suggested her to take Lupila-D and Etova-P 400 tablets. What are the precautions to be taken to avoid the heart problem.
Can sick sinus syndrome be cured doctor? Can ayurveda cure him or prevent further syncopes if any? How long will he have to continue his medications? Can he lead a normal life without the pacemaker implantation?
I was addicted to smoke n alcohol for almost three years. Bt now I decided to reform myself and overcome everything. Today was the first day of my running exercise. But After running I felt pain at the centre of my chest for 10-15 mins till I get normal. Is it something serious?
Doctors tell that all my arteries are blocked I need to do heart surgery I am afraid is there a remedy I have breaking problem also.
My mother is 61 year old and her ECG report says T wave inversion V1 to V3. Should we conduct further tests to diagnose problems with heart? Is this a common problem, which can be ignored? 3 years ago also we did ECG and the same problem was noted. On further consultation stress test was also done but that didn't reveal any heart problem.
Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition where death of the heart muscle occurs because of the loss of blood supply. The blood loss usually happens because of the blockage of a coronary artery. Due to electrical instability, ventricular fibrillation is caused. Heart attacks may result in permanent brain damage or even death.
- Symptoms of Heart Attack: There are many early symptoms and signs of heart attack, which should be recognized. Symptoms of heart attack vary from person to person. Here is a list of the primary heart attack symptoms:
- Chest Pain and Discomfort: Chest pain is the basic symptom of a heart attack and occurs in different forms. The chest pain has a pressure, fullness and squeezing sensation and starts from the center of the chest. The pain may go away and re-occur and may spread down to other limbs of the body.
- Headache, Toothache: The chest pain occurring due to a heart attack spreads all over the body and the jaw. Even the back and head are affected. Sometimes pain in these regions is present while chest pain is absent.
- Shortness of Breath: A gasping sensation or feeling shortness of breath is another common sign of a heart attack. Such breathing difficulty is called dyspnea. The shortness of breath occurs before or during the chest pain.
- Nausea and Vomiting: The feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach is another possible symptom. It is accompanied by belching or burping and sometimes, the heart attack is associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is more common in women. Vomiting also occurs alongside nausea.
- General Epigastric Discomfort: In several cases, patients describe the pain of a heart attack as stomach pain. The pain is heavy and uncomfortable and persists for several minutes.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweat in avid amounts.
Emergency Treatment for Heart Attack:
- A person who has a heart attack should be rushed to a hospital.
- Several tests are carried out to detect the cause of the attack. A 12 lead EKG is carried out to supervise electrical activity within the heart and detect the damaged areas.
- Blood tests are undertaken to check enzymes and in certain cases, cardiac catheterization is required where pictures of the blood vessels are examined.
- Emergency medicines are given to the patient to stop the formation of blood clots and include aspirin, heparin and other drugs. Other medicines are given for thrombolytic therapy, which dissolve already formed blood clots. They work to reduce the heart damage. Nitrates are also used.
A heart attack is a severe condition and must be attended to immediately. Emergency treatment procedures are essential to save the life of an affected person.