Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Advait KothurkarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, good morning. Mera naam kaushik h me 27 years old hu me theoter artis. Hu. Sir meri skin city me fair rahati but jab me apne villeg jata hu to skin 1 month me sawali kaali ho jati h jab ki village me sun me nhi niklta to bhi kaali ho gae Kya ye aisa q hota h? Or ye wapas pahale jaisa fair ho jayega kya city me aane ke baad ?plz repply.
I go massage and spa usually. Is it good or bad for me. I feel I get easy skin diseases eveytime that use tht oil is it safe or not.
Mujhe daily saving krni hoti h isliye daily saving krne k karan meri face ki skin bhut hi hard ho gyi h or kali pd gyi h. Saving bhut jldi bdi ho jati h or saving k bal b bhut hard ho gye h .skin k kalepan ko dur krne or skin ko komal bnane k liye kya kru. Esa kuch h kya jo saving ko km bdne de. Face pr bhut ghre bal h saving gillete vector bdi muskil se 2 din hi chl pati h.
How to remove face tan n dullness. My face colour is black but the other parts body are white. Looking ugly. Solution please.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is The Ideal Way To Handle It?"
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
The skin can get dull and result in acne and other breakouts if exposed to the sun or other environmental factors. Homeopathic treatments have one major advantage over other forms of treatment that is they do not have any side effects.
Some homeopathic treatments for getting clear skin are-
1. Sulphur - Symptoms of dry and scaly skin can be treated by sulphur. It can also be used to treat skin eruptions such as pimples and pimple marks.
2. Bovista - Bovista is a homeopathic remedy used for disorders resulting from excessive use of cosmetics. Pimples and dark skin are problems caused by excessive cosmetic products use and treating these symptoms with bovista can help in achieving a clear and healthy skin.
3. Psorinum - People affected by overactive sebaceous glands, which results in excessive oil production benefit from using Psorinum. It will remove symptoms of greasy skin and pimples caused as a result of oily skin.
4. Silicea - Silicea is a homeopathic medicine used when acne leaves deep marks on the skin. This treatment gets rid of the scars to give a clear skin.
5. Sepia - Discoloration of the face caused due to liver disorders or hormonal imbalance is treated by Sepia. Sepia eliminates these discolorations and gives you clear and healthy skin. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
I have scars on my lips. I use to smoke for past 5 years. Is there any way to get rid of that? Please some one say me a solution.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
I have got rashes all around not neck and its itching a lot I have tried some medicines but no result can you please suggest what should I do?
I have pimples on my face from five months and I used so many creams but I not saw any changes on my face what I should do? To decrease the pimples.
Sensitive Skin - What is it and approach?
Sensitive skin is a condition of subjective cutaneous hyper-reactivity to environmental factors.
What are the symptoms?
If you have sensitive skin, you may have an exaggerated reaction to cosmetics, soaps, and sunscreens which can worsen after exposure to dry and cold climates.
Although no sign of irritation is commonly detected, itching, burning , stinging and a tight sensation are constantly present.
Patients with sensitive skin can present with either skin that appears normal to the eye or overt skin disease.
Consult a dermatologist (recommended)
Basic skin-care and cosmetic recommendations to minimize chances of encountering problems:
Eliminate common irritants like soaps, cosmetics.
Select products from a manufacturer who uses high-quality pure ingredients free of contaminants
Paraben preservatives have proven to be least problematic
For cleansing, use SYNDET bars/Lipid-free cleansers
Draelos cosmetic selection criteria in sensitive skin
Powder cosmetics should be selected
Cosmetics should be water removable
Old cosmetics should be discarded
Eyeliner and mascara should be black
Pencil formulations for eyeliner and eyebrow cosmetics
Eye shadows should be earth toned(tan, beige, light pink and cream)
Avoid chemical sunscreens in cosmetics
Avoid nail polishes
Select cream/powder facial foundations, or if liquid, silicone-based formulations