Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
I have muddish eye some times while working with the computer eyes will become blur with tears. What is the reason and what is the medicine, I have no eye problems.
My 5 yrs daughter has decreased vision I also got consultation with eye specialist for it he advised for vision glasses sir please tell me how can I improve my daughters vision so that I can remove my daughter's specs as early as possible.
Hi my eyes are became red I do not know why its happened ,my mom told me because of over heat like this things are happening I used eye ointment but also it not get cured, getting irritate in my eye areas at night time plzz give me a solution to cure my this thing using home remedies like ayurvedically plzz because I suffered from ulcer too tablets are becoming irritates to my stomach and getting over heat also help me.
I am getting white discharge from the both eyes and it is through out day and night from many years. After so many treatments it is not stopping! Can you please tell me what should I do to stop this which is very embarrassing!
Can any tell me what is the price of Ozurdex injection for eye. I am suffering from diabetic retinopathy and macular edema. Doctor had suggested Ozurdex.
Watch My smartphone screen late at night could make me lighthead and dizzy. And pressure in My head. I feel like am having a little eyes problem as well. Maybe My phone giving me them symptoms.
I am using ANDRE IKUL eye drops since last 3 days are they helpful in removing eyes redlines permanently.
I use spect of number -0.25 both eye and now I don't want to wear spect instead of that I can wear lenses it okay or no tell and I use spect because of seating in front of computer daily a lot so doctor given me spect so give me good advice so eyes.
I have eyes which look always sleepy and which do not give good impression about me. Even though I am a normal person with healthy habits this one aspect gives me a feeling of inadequacy. How to rectify this?
I am 42 years old man. I was hit by a tennis ball in the left eye 3 months back. There is swelling in the middle of cornea. If I close my right eye I can see peripheral things but cant concentrate on a point. The vision is blurred. Or you can say the images are not complete. I can see a part of it instead of whole. Please help.
I have my eyes reddish always when I rub my eyes. I have taken so many precautions but there is no effect .What should I do?
Sir, my eyes have red for 4 weeks and my eyes can't see clearly. what I can do for my eyes. please help me.
I have headache since yesterday, my eyes are paining, it feels heavy. And throat is hurting, What should I do?
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.