Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AbijithYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing minor chest pain for last 3 months. Is it due to side effects of regain medicine for hair or something else?
My son age 5 month 15 days, weight:- 5. 3kg, he had suffered the whole of heart (size-6mm). So what I can do?
Dear Sir, My mother is 54 years old she is suffering from physiological disorder. She washes any cloth or any substance 4-5 times. She became uncomfortable when any one enters with shoes and sandal she suspects some dirty things come with shoes. She believes everywhere dirty thing speeded and she is feeling very uncomfortable and she can’t touch anything. She is tells when I suspects some dirty thing my heart starts paining and brain do not works that time. Two or three years back one gynecologist doctor practicing outside my home that time she has seen some unwanted thing she believes that dirty spread everywhere from that time this symptom is increasing day by day. And she has no trust in medicine cure. Her heart starts paining that’s why she is doing nothing avoiding cooking food also. Please Please help me guide me and tell what is the treatment because situation becoming worst day by day. Sometime she is going on depression mode and start cry she is thinking there is no possibility of cure and always thinking how she will survive. Sometimes suicide feeling also comes because there is no hope of survive.
I am 21 years old my blood pressure showed 139 and something 2 times after getting my bp checked at a doctor. He scared me alot by saying stuff like I should lose 10 kgs (im 75 right now) but he says I can not jog, I can not even walk or I might even get a heart attack then how am I supposed to lose any weight? My simple question is can my high blood pressure be cured totally after a certain period of time if I follow certain steps and medications? Yes or no just a simple answer I need.
Dear Dr, When I am raising right and side hand paining in right side chest. Need to know the reason and remedy for the same
Dear Sir, (Female age 41 yrs),I am having severe gastric problem causing severe headache very ofte. Today I am suffering from mild pain & heaviness in chest?
If your report shows sugar level high then you have to take medicines throughout your life or is there any other chances of permanent treatment?
Please prescribe anti-cholorestorel food I am taking ecosporin 75 --should I continue life long I am having uric acid--should I take medicine?
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
I am 63 yr working as chief exective. Had a heavy hand life less for ten to fifteen secods and after 15 min. Again in hand and leg similar feeling -sudden ti. Mri and mra, spine whole nothing found all clear, except in blood reports cholestrol ratio 4.6, hb 11.8, uric acid 8.1, vitamin -d 23. Still having heavy had, left arm and severe weekness. Bp 140/88, sugar 161 three months average, fasting 115. Taking clavix 150, folc acid and calcium tabs.
I am 23 year old. I am having a problem of headache. I can not able to sleep at night. Sir I am also suffering from hypertension and stressed too much while thinking of my future. I used to take disprin too much from two month. Kindly advice me what should I do.
She has a b. P problem plus thyroid but she takes regular vaccine but to get fully rid of what should be the treatment sir.
Heart diseases and hypertension which lead to heart or other organ failures has been on the rise for the past 2 decades. People above the age of 35+ have been seen suffering from such problems due to their unbalanced dietary habits and sedentary lifestyle. Its always advisable to control these factors to reduce your risk.
An indulgent lifestyle and an inadequate diet are two major causes of heart disease which can be changed. To stay fit here are a few measures of care and control
7 warning signals to know about.
Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing or episodes of pain in the centre of the chest lasting more than a few minutes. Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arms. It may feel like pressure, tightness, burning or heavy weight. It may be located in the chest, upper abdomen, neck, jaw or inside the arms or shoulders.
Chest discomfort with light headedness, fainting, sweating, nausea, vomiting.
Shortness of breath or agonal gasp.
Anxiety, nervousness and/or cold, sweaty skin.
Increased or irregular heart rate or flutter or palpitation
Feeling of impending doom with sinking sensation.
Know behind the scene
A heart attack occurs when one or more of coronary arteries (main supply to heart) become blocked. Over time, a coronary artery can narrow from the buildup of various substances, including cholesterol (atherosclerosis). This condition, known as coronary artery disease, causes most heart attacks.
A. B. C of cardiac care
- avoid tobacco (cigarette, shisha)
- be more active (cardio exercises)
- choose good nutrition (eat larger portions of low-calorie, nutrient-rich foods, such as fruits and vegetables, and smaller portions of high-calorie, high-sodium foods, such as refined, processed or fast foods.)
Dietary cholesterol should be 300mg per day. Since it largely comes from animal products, consumption of non-vegetarian, whole full cream milk should be restricted.
Take a health alternative like chicken, fish, beans, vegetables, fruits, breads, pulses, wholewheat flour, cereals, brown rice, millet, skimmed milk and vegetable oils like corn, sesame, soyabean, sunflower, canola, olive and mustard.
Friendly and unfriendly fats
Fat should not exceed 30 per cent of your total calorie intake. Saturated fatty acids in full-cream milk and red meat increase your cholesterol level. Use non-fat or low-fat milk and milk products instead of full-cream milk and avoid sources of saturated fatty acids like lard, butter, cream, palm oil, coconut oil, cheese, etc.
Mono-unsaturated fats that lower cholesterol as well as prevent formation of blood clots are present in olive, canola, peanut and mustard oils. Omega-3, a fatty acid that prevents atherosclerosis is present in foods like herring, mackerel, salmon, tuna, soyabean, walnuts and butternuts. Take these regularly in small quantities to prevent atherosclerosis.
Holistic way to control chest pain
Boil 4 -5 pods of garlic in glass of milk and consume the garlic pods with milk daily to avoid chest pain.
Pound the dates with seeds and eat them every day.
Increase the intake of ginger and lime in your diet.
Drink a glass of milk mixed with kadukai (ink nut) powder every night before going to be.
Take a spoon of tulsi (india basil) juice with honey in empty stomach every day.