Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek ParasharYour feedback matters!
Hi I am having swelling n paon in my left knee area. Its not in the knee but exact up n sideways. I am not taking any medication only applying volini. Its does give relief but for some time. Never had this problem before but after fever in september it started. Know from a week its aggravated. Its feels heavy wen I lift my leg as compared to right leg.
I am a male 43 yes of age & taking sulfa salazine tablets-1000mg daily as per doctor's advice. But my neck stiffness is not going & I can able to bend my neck downward & sideways easily. Is there any solution to my neck stiffness problem? I am having this problem since last 8 yes.
Hello, I have been having low back pain since two weeks, it's more when I am sitting on my right pelvis weight bearing, pain is mainly at the right dimple, pain increases more when I am standing from sitting position, the pain is moderate bit very discomforting. I had a fall on my both hips a month before, my GP told me to go for X-ray but till now I didn't. Kindly help me to make myself better in whatever means possible as soon as possible.
Gone are the days when bone ailments and damages were detected based on the experience and superficial conversations made by the physicians. These days with the advent of radio waves, medical science has made significant progress that has enabled a detailed overview of what exactly is going on inside your body and what should be the most relevant treatment in that regard. Magnetic Resonance Imaging or more commonly known as MRIs are a boon when it comes to diagnosing orthopedic and musculoskeletal complaints.
Common Uses of the Procedure:
MR imaging is usually the best choice for examining the:
- body’s major joints.
- spine for back pain
- soft tissues (muscles, tendons and ligaments) and bones of the extremities.
MR imaging is typically performed to diagnose or evaluate:
- degenerative joint disorders such as arthritis.
- tears of the menisci, ligaments and tendons (knee) or rotator cuff and labrum (shoulder and hip).
- fractures (in selected patients).
- spinal disk abnormalities (such as a herniated disk).
- the integrity of the spinal cord after trauma.
- sports-related injuries and work-related disorders caused by repeated strain, vibration or forceful impact.
- infections (such as osteomyelitis).
- tumors (primary tumors and metastases) involving soft tissues around the joints and extremities (such as muscles, bones and joints).
- pain, swelling or bleeding in the tissues in and around the joints and extremities.
- congenital malformations of the extremities in children and infants.
- developmental abnormalities of the extremities in children and infants.
- congenital and idiopathic (developing during adolescence) scoliosis prior to surgery.
- tethered spinal cord (abnormal stretching in the spinal cord) in infants and children.
In this process, X-rays and radio waves are subjected upon the affected region to examine the conditions of the bones, tissues, muscles and also detect the presence of tumours. This is majorly a non-invasive test and is painless. It does not use ionizing rays and therefore does not harm the body in any which way. The MRIs capture a detailed picture of the organs and the internal body structures and then transmit them onto a computer screen for the physician to monitor the inside story.
- MRI is an imaging technique that does not require exposure to radiation.
- MR images of the soft-tissue structures of the body (particularly muscles, bones and joints) are often clearer and more detailed than with other imaging methods. This detail makes MRI an invaluable tool in early diagnosis and evaluation of many conditions, including tumors.
- MRI can distinguish abnormal tissues from normal tissues much more accurately than most other imaging tests (x-ray, CT, etc.).
- MRI enables the discovery of abnormalities that might be obscured by bone with other imaging methods.
- The contrast material used in MRI exams is less likely to produce an allergic reaction than the iodine-based contrast materials used for conventional x-rays and CT scanning.
- MR images allow the physician to clearly see even very small tears and injuries to tendons, ligaments and muscles and some fractures that cannot be seen on x-rays and CT. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a radiologist.
Ekangavira rasa, pravala pisti, brihat vata chintamani ras, svarna-maksika bhasma, trayodasanga guggulu, chandra-prabha vati, pidantaka rasa. The vehicle (anupana) is honey. As given in my tips earlier, harsingar/ parijat (night jasmine) leaves decoction used with these will miraculously relieve and cure the patient barring acute prolapse conditions for which surgery is indicated. But surgery of spine should be got done in extreme necessity only by experts.
As everybody knows that such diseases are technically pain management techniques but medicinally, in allopathy, only some pain killers are given to get instant relief. Alternatively, above ayurveda medicines balance the vata vitiation. When used with other pain management support techniques, patient comes out of chaos very soon.