Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhirudra Mulay
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abhirudra MulayYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctors, I had thorough a health check in which my vitamin b 12 came 149. And vitamin D3 came 25. My cholesterol was also increased a little. Also I have renal calculus in both kidneys sized 6 mm, 4 mm, 3 mm, 2 mm. What you suggest me to take or do?
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I had urine infection wbc 55 I take niftas tablet 5 days 2 time after meal finished my tab course but last 4 days I had headache n feeling like vomiting but I can not n fever I feel all this symptoms after headache body ache n weakness whats the matter is.
Hi i am 46 years old have 4mm stone in rt kidney from past 2 years. I have taken medicine under consultation of homeopathic and Ayurveda doctors, but stone is still existing at same place. Please give me advice.
Now a day’s kidney related problems are increasing day by day. The reason behind this are many like chemically preserved fast food, spicy food, side effect of medicines and infections. Forth stage of kidney failure in with GFR is around 15 modern medicine suggests dialysis. Ayurvedic management of kidney failure is very effective in this condition also. Many times number of dialysis can be reduced and patient condition can be improved.
Panchakarma treatment like basti works as dialysis. My experience says that patient should also consult with Ayurveda kidney expert even in dialysis condition. Without dialysis patients can be treated or managed very effectively. kidney patients required much attention.