Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit OkaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 32 year female and I had abortion in feb 17 this year. and from last two months no periods. Took ovral l 4 tablets last friday till monday. Still waiting for periods so how much time it will take. Please suggest. Thnx.
Can you explain me about safe period sex for not becoming pregnant. Without use of condoms or any other measures measures is it possible to avoid pregnancy.
I am facing a problem with the periods. Last month, November, I faced it twice within 5 days of gap. 1st one finished on 5th November and then started again on 10th November. (last month I donated blood too). This month, after few days my periods got over, it started again, but the amount of blood is very less. Last month I used "Unwanted 72" after unprotected sex. But this time I didn't. Please help me with this.
I am excited about sex but when my husband tries to loose virginity with me. It hurts me alot. I feel like some bone or some hard substance is obstructing the penis. I really feel ashamed as I am unable to loose my virginity.
Hi I just got cesarean 16 days ago. After 1 week my doctor removed the stitches and made me to wear a belt next day I found it bleeding from incision I called up my doctor and she's dressing me 3 days once. 2 days or 3 days once it bleeds. Pls suggest me some remedy to overcome this pls. How to stop my bleed permanently.
I am having cyst in my right ovary of 8. 7 mm. Can it effect conception. M 25 yr old. Unmarried. Having facial hairs want rid from them.
I have vaginal infection. My vagina is fully occupied my allergic pimples and black spots. What should I do?
Sir my wife has sugar of 260 is there any chance that our baby get diabetes during pregnancy. Now she is not pregnant.
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection