Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Karve
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit KarveYour feedback matters!
What food I should eat for to cure or prevent polyps. What is the allergic test? Can I know the reason of polyps as I did not have cold in last 6 months still got polyps .how can I get allergic test done. Please specify the name of test. Regards and Thanks.
I am 25 year old male from patna. I have skin related problem.in my thighs, around my neck and in my armpit my skin is getting black. I have also noticed some black patch on my body. I think it is fungal infection but I do not feel any itching over there. I am very worried. please help me. Thank you.
There is a problem in my anus it started to pain, itching and some portion of my anus become hot. Soon came out after fresh from the bathroom .This happen to me from last few days. I am really afraid is this the symptoms of piles? please refer some medicine from which I can cure..
I have black marks on my face for more than a year! I badly wanna get rid off it! Please tell me how to remove it effectively?
Hello I am 24 years old some days before there was a pimple on my nose as my sweats a lot more than my face now the pimple hs gone but it has left a deep round scar on my nose I really confidentless to go out and also my engagement is coming up in this month please tell me how to get rid of this ugly blemish tht the pimple left on my nose.
I am 29 years old female. I have pigmentation problem. My skin is dark in some parts of my face but comparatively fair in arms, neck etc. I have sensitive acne prone skin. Please advise on how to have clear flawless skin. Is lemon suitable suitable for my skin type?
Mera skin tone bhot dark hai. Mai bhot pareshaan hu meri shaadi bhi nhi ho pa rhi har koi mujhe reject krta hai please kuch suggest kijiye jisse mera colour fair ho jaye. Please request.
People who suffer from oily skin tend to have multiple advantages, such as a younger looking skin over a longer period of time as wrinkles, spots and fine lines tend to creep in much later. However, there are many inherent disadvantages of having oily skin, such as a shiny face and frequent occurrences of pimples and acne. Some of the tips to take care of your greasy or oily skin are mentioned below:
1. Use face cleansers, which are gentle on your skin: It is very important that you choose a cleanser, which has the best ingredients in them as harder elements can damage your skin and accelerate oil production. Products which are specifically marketed for oily skin or acne and best suited for these purposes usually contain the following ingredients:
- glycolic acid
- benzoyl peroxide
- beta-hydroxy acid
- salicylic acid
2. Use medicated pads or blotting paper to remove excess oil: For greasy or oily skin, one of the best solutions is to use specially medicated pads or blotting paper, which can easily remove the grime from your face. There are many over the counter products available which are specially made for this purpose. You can use these in between daily facial washes.
3. Don't wash you face more than twice daily: It is recommended you wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser, but not more than that. Washing your face more than twice daily could actually strip your skin of all moisture and encourage the production of more oil.
4. Use natural face masks and clays to soothe your skin once a week: Natural clays and face masks made of ingredients like fullers earth, commonly known as multani mitti and sandalwood will soothe and cool your skin. It also removes excess oil and harmful bacteria from the skin.
5. Control what you eat: Diet plays a big part on how skin is affected as well. Consuming foods, which are high in sugar and oil such as fried foods and fizzy drinks will definitely contribute to more oil on your skin. Replacing them with fruits and vegetables like apricots, mangoes, lettuce, kale, carrots and sweet potatoes will reduce the oiliness of your skin.
6. Makeup also plays a major role: The type of foundation or makeup you use can also contribute to how much oil you have on your skin. While choosing make up try and avoid heavy foundation and choose water based liquid make up instead of oil based ones.
Related Tip: "7 Tips for Healthy & Glowing Skin in Monsoon!"
- The lips form a transition zone between the facial skin and the oral mucosa and are a significant aesthetic feature of the face.
- Clinical evaluation of the lips requires analysis of a number of parameters, which are lip lines, activity (function), morphology (form), posture and prominence.
- Injectable lip augmentation techniques can be performed quickly in your surgeon's office in little time.
- Fat injection is the exception, since the procedure requires a small area of to remove the fat from another part of your body before the injection can take place.
- Before the injections, a topical or local numbing agent may be applied to ease discomfort. Sometimes, nerve block injections can be given before the treatment to completely numb the lips.
- Know more about lip augmentation from your facial plastic surgeon.