Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit GokhaleYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old male. I had single fissure at anorectal jn with scarring from last 10 months. I had very little blood after stool and irritation and burning sensation earlier. Then I stopped spicy and junk foods and started taking fiber rich foods and more water. Now I had normal stools an no irritation or burning sensation but when ever I eat spicy or junk food, I have a chance of irritation or burning sensation in my anus and I am not comfortable in long time sitting more than 1 or 2 hour. I want to get rid of this condition completely. I tried Allopathy but it only gives relief in my condition. It did not cure me completely. I want a complete heal and cure of anal fissure and do not want fissure to come back again in future.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"
I have pain during urine passage for few days and today I had a worst pain and I was bed ridden is this any serious case and I didn't tell my family about that pain, so what can I do.
Does 1.5 cretnine is risky. Is there any threat to kidneys. But I dont have any problem in urination or abdomen pain. My bp is also normal.
Urine infection from last 2 months but I have taken semen and urine culture test and abdominal scanning everything is normal but still I have urine infection lot of pain.
Cystitis is a condition which is characterized by bladder inflammation that is usually a result of bladder infection. This disorder is very common among women. The condition tends to get better in a few days without any treatment. In case of chronic cystitis, long term treatment may be required.
Common symptoms include excessive urination (may be dark in color) and a burning pain during urination. One might feel generally unwell, tired and may experience cramps in the lower abdomen. In case of children, there may be a rise in the body temperature, coupled with weakness and vomiting.
- Engaging in sex (irrespective of whether one is using protection or not) can result in this condition.
- Inserting objects such as tampons into the urethra to release the bladder can most definitely result in this condition.
- Using contraceptive measures such as diaphragm.
- It occurs when bacteria which is present in the bowel or on the skin comes in contact with the bladder via the urethra. Women are at an increased risk as their urethra is shorter and the anus is close to the urethra.
Homeopathy and Cystitis
Homeopathy is a system of treatment that is natural and holistic. It does not have any side effect like the other conventional treatments. The various homeopathic remedies for cystitis are –
- Cantharis: Cantharis is a homeopathic remedy that is very effective in treating infections. In case of bladder inflammation and pain while urinating, this remedy is preferred. For cystitis with an inflamed bladder as the root cause, this remedy is very effective.
- Apis Mellifica: In case of chronic bladder infection, Apis Mellifica is administered. It cures the inflammation and also gets rid of the swelling. This also helps in relieving any burning symptom that you may experience while passing urine.
- Staphysgaria: Staphysgaria is a homeopathic remedy which is used to treat symptoms of cystitis that include a sharp pain in the urethra accompanied by involuntary discharge of urine. There may also be a constant urge to urinate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.