Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Gokhale
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit GokhaleYour feedback matters!
A bladder is an organ that stores urine in the body. A prolapsed bladder occurs when the tissue present between the vagina and the bladder is stretched, resulting in a bulge in the bladder. This can result in complications such as leakage of urine and difficulty in passing the same. Based on the severity of the damage, it is classified into four categories -
- Mild: A small area of the bladder bulges in the vagina
- Moderate: The bladder bulges near the vaginal opening
- Severe: Protrusion of the bladder occurs through the vaginal opening
- Complete: The entire area of the bladder protrudes completely from the body via the opening of the vagina
The symptoms of a prolapsed bladder are:
- Feeling of intense pressure around the pelvic area
- Infections related to the bladder
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Tissues bulging out through the vaginal opening
- Pain in the lower back region
Prolapsed bladder is caused by:
- Childbirth: It can cause ligaments and pelvic muscles to weaken thus increasing their vulnerability to a prolapsed bladder
- The chances of this disorder increases when one is overweight
- Lifting heavy things
- Strain caused by bowel movements
- In some cases, it may result from a chronic cough
- Menopause, as it limits production of estrogen which helps in maintaining healthy tissues in the vagina
It is advised to check with a medical professional if you experience these symptoms, as a prolapsed bladder can worsen with time if left untreated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 17 year old female .i had sex last day and now I am bleeding while peeing. A frequent urge to urinate. Pain too. I had used protection .why is this happening .is it something serious?
I am feeling prostate pain and on tip of penis while urinate and masturbate. I have no UTI and STD. I am taking antibiotics tablets and also ayurvedic Chandraprabha vati but did not helped. I am also now started pain and burning under anus. Please suggest as I am going to marry soon. It irritates a lot.
I have 10 mm and 15 mm stones in my left kidney detected in last week. Doctor has prescribed me Himalaya Cystone forte for 15 days. Please suggest some good and effective medicines (if any) to get rid off stones.
I have been fatigue since few months back and I urinate as soon as I consume any liquid. I can't rest well in my sleep too, and I get tired easily when I work unlike in the past where I'm energetic, my mother is a diabetic patient am I also suffering from diabetics?
Nephrotic syndrome is a type of kidney disorder wherein, the body passes out excess amount of proteins through urine, owing to the damage caused to the tiny clusters of blood vessels in the kidneys. The symptoms include putting on excessive weight as a result of fluid retention, foamy urine and severe swelling around the region of the feet, ankles and eyes.
Common causes behind it
- Minimal change disease (also known as nil disease) leads to the abnormal functioning of the kidneys
- Excess deposit of amyloid proteins in the organs, thus taking a toll on the filter mechanism of the kidneys.
- Diabetes affecting the glomeruli (capillaries present in the nephrons of the kidneys).
- Systemic lupus erythematous causing chronic swelling of your kidney.
- Membranous nephropathy wherein the membranes in your glomeruli thicken.
- Infections such as malaria, hepatitis C, hepatitis B and HIV.
- Medications to combat infections and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Kidney Biopsy is an essential part of disease assessment.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors bring down blood pressure levels as well as the amount of protein discharged from the urine.
- Water pills help control sweating, thus, increasing the fluid flushed from the kidneys.
- Statins reduce cholesterol levels.
- Blood thinners such as anticoagulants lower the risk of blood clots.
- Corticosteroids regulate the immune system and ease the inflammation that results from kidney disorders.
- Incorporating certain lifestyle changes such as opting for lean proteins, cutting on the intake of fat in the diet and consuming lesser amounts of salt can treat inflammation and swelling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.