Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet WankhadeYour feedback matters!
My friend bitten me near shoulder. And it is swelled and paining. Is it anything serious. I consulted a doctor near by he told nothing serious and he gave some medicines named rantac and some other tablets. I asked him for TT injection but he said no need of that. Please suggest me what to do. I am worrying alot about it. Please help me soon. Thanks in advance.
Dear doctor it is possible prostatitis at the age of 25 due to masturbation I have lower back pain and prostate inflammation. Urine report are normal.
My mother is aged 54 years. She is having pain on both hands elbow. She is telling its pricking pain. And there is some swelling also. She cannot do any work properly due to this. And she have cholestrol. Can you explain why it is happend. Is this a disease like any arthritis? which treatment is good for that? alopathy or ayurveda or homeopathy? I observed this condition since one year. Please reply.
I have a back pain since last one week. I have taken medicine also but there is no relief. Please suggest me something. Thank you.
I am getting severe pain in my heels, more on the left side. I also have pain in my Palms and have very bad grip. And Tingling in my finger tips. I now 73.
I am 38 year old male. suffered from back pain from the last 15 years. Medicines which I ake are maxgalin M 50 3 times Hifenac Mr. 2 times Medrol 4 mg 1 time zinetac 150 3 times I also do jim problem comes every 1/1/2 in a once. Take rest 10 days with medicine. Once recover fir for next cycle. Jay.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 8 month k am having frequent urination problem. Bone and muscle pain. Numbness and tingling in hands and feet and in every body part. I had my vitamin b12 test .it came 185pg/ml. . .the normal reference range is 180 -914. Is it normal 185 or I am in lower range due to which I am having numbness and tingling in body? ,
Osteoporosis is a commonly experienced condition where the bones tend to get thin and become hollow over time. This is a condition that is experienced mostly by people who are over the age of 50 years, and even more commonly by women who have been through menopause. Other risk factors include smoking as well as medication which can lead to such degenerative diseases as a side effect.
Let us find out about living with osteoporosis and the many myths and facts surrounding the same:
- A Natural Part of Aging: This is a fact. While not everyone who ages will wind up with this condition, it is commonly experienced by patients who are growing old. One can resort to taking calcium supplements as well as plenty of Vitamin D in order to prevent the risk of fractures that are a common occurrence in such a condition where the bones become too hollow. Also, mild and moderate exercise will help the condition.
- Only Female Patients: This is a myth. While it is true that women form a major risk group when it comes to this condition, there are many men who also suffer from it. It has been demonstrated by various medical studies that one in every five men in the USA alone are prone to this condition. Furthermore, due to exercise, sports and other heavy manual work, young men are more likely to end up with a fractured bone than an aging woman.
- Worry only when you are Old: This is also a myth. One must remember that the major bone mass forms by the time a person hits the age of 18 to 20 years. This is the time when nutrition, exercise and lifestyles must be structured in a way that such troubles like osteoporosis will not follow you into the later years when your bones begin to age. Ample and strong bone mass nourished by proper habits, will help in preventing such conditions to a large extent.
- Fractures only happen if you Fall: This is another myth. It is important to keep in mind that living with a condition like osteoporosis means that you have to be vigilant at all times in your daily routine and other activities. Strain on the bones can also lead to fractures, and one does not necessarily have to fall down to get one. Leaning over too much can also lead to a fracture!
- You can feel the Degeneration: It is another myth that you can actually feel your bones getting weaker. Usually, there are no symptoms of this condition until it has progressed to a particularly painful stage in your life. The best way to find out if you are suffering from osteoporosis is by taking a bone density test.
Every arthritis is not the same. While osteoarthritis, also called as green arthritis, may require only painkillers and rehabilitation exercises, the red inflammatory arthritis called rheumatoid arthritis may lead to serious deforming complications if not treated early and aggressively.
Any arthritis in young women of child-bearing age should not be ignored, especially if it is worse in the morning and improves by movement. Most of them will have high platelet count on blood examination. These patients require aggressive treatment with disease?modifying drugs within days of the onset of symptoms and diagnosis. Approximately 1?2% of population may have this type of disease.
Osteoarthritis, on the other hand, is a disease of 50+ age group and is due to wear and tear of various joints in the body and break down of the cartilage cushion in the joints. It mainly affects the weight?bearing joints like the knees, hips, neck and lower back joints. Inflammation is not a major feature of osteoarthritis. The experts said that another form of joint disorder is due to gout which is never seen in people below 40 years of age and is almost never seen in young women before the onset of menopause unless there is a known underlying kidney disease and never seen in children.
The progression of osteoarthritis can be arrested with appropriate exercises, weight reduction and preventing posture and movement that worsen the disease.
Typical wear and tear of osteoarthritis is caused by sitting cross legged, doing Padmasana, squatting, other non physiological postures, sitting on low level surface like floor and low chairs, doing push-ups, going up and down on stairs, etc.
Most yoga postures should be done under medical supervision and should follow with a counter yoga exercise.
Most patients of serious arthritis end up taking treatment in other systems of medicines or with quacks.