Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet A PatilYour feedback matters!
I have to get braces. I wanted to know that will it cause me pain and is it right to have braces at teenage. Please advise.
I have two upper molar teeth missing three year ago, I had undergone a dental implant with sinus lift and bone grafting, but the same failed. What are other option for me now.
In my stomach there is very painful happening please give me a suggestion and in my teeth there is also pain and my height is not increasing.
My son is 4.5 years old, he often gets mouth ulcer, his diet doesn't include any spicy dish still he gets mouth ulcer often. I give him spinach weekly once or twice and he takes veggies and dhal rice daily and also fruits. Pls advice.
My breath is getting very bad it stinks bad and my mouth to now. What should I do to improve my breath and oral health besides brushing?
I have swelling in my lip. Its been there over a month. Also Dr. said its because of Slavia. What should I do?
My Uncle aged 51 Years has bad smell from mouth. His 3 back Teeth also pain a lot 1 has been removed. Dr. Says the Teeth will be removed naturally. Please suggest something for pain as he can't eat properly and for bad smell frm his mouth. You can't even sit next to him. Thanks a lot for the help.
I am 62 years old suffering from hyperacidity and indigestion. Constant toothache. What should I do? medicine like dompan helps only for few hours.
My wife (50 yrs) requires implantation of certain teeth. Doctor suggests various methods of implantation and quoting alarming charges. Pl guide me the best and cost effective one. Also tell me any dental insurance scheme available? I am from Madurai (TN) and a retired person.
According to my dr, My mom need teeth replacement fir front side lower teeth, due to some problem. My dentist advised to do bridge type implantation (two teeth between two no. Of caps both sides). I want to know is it reliable for life time? If No. Thn what period of time can this im.
My grand ma has got a problem in speaking. Her speech becomes mumbled when she is taking. She had just made her teeth rearranged from a dentist. Is it the problem of that?
Whenever I brush my teeth my gum starts bleeding slightly and I feel a little pain for a long time what should I do?
While we all dream of a white set of pearly teeth that can be flashed off when we smile, in reality, there are lot of oral problems that do not allow you to do so. There could be stains on the teeth, swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath and the list goes on. All of these can be easily managed by following some regular oral hygiene practices. While most people do not realize, the gums hold the teeth in place and are very essential for overall dental and oral health.
- Brushing: A much despised activity, this is one habit that should start early in life and continued through life. The benefits of good brushing, practiced at least twice a day, cannot be underestimated. While it is advisable to brush with each meal that was soft and sticky, it may seem impractical. An alternate is to rinse off with each meal thoroughly to prevent sticking of foods to the teeth. Twice a day brushing is mandatory. Check with your doctor on the correct technique, to avoid damage to tooth structure.
- Rinses: Each meal should be followed by a thorough rinse to clear the tooth surfaces of foods that may stick to it and continue to cause damage. Where possible, an antibacterial mouth rinse should be used. If not, plain water is a good substitute.
- Flossing: While brushing takes care of the tooth surfaces, there are surfaces between the teeth which escape cleaning via brushing. Flossing is advisable for these areas and should be done at least once daily.
- Gum massage: After each brushing session, do a plain finger massage that will help in improving blood circulation and improve the health of gums.
- Fluoride: If you know that you are highly prone to caries, then using fluoridated toothpastes or fluoride pastes should be a good option to reduce incidence of caries.
- Scaling: A professional cleaning at a dental clinic at least once in 6 months is a must. This will help identify any early decay and also remove dirt and plaque from the tooth, leaving it healthy and free of infection.
The gums, as noted earlier, are extremely important to keep the teeth in place. Weakened gum health as indicated by swelling, bleeding, or redness should be immediately checked by a dentist and treated. The health of the periodontal fibers helps hold the teeth firmly in place. Damaged fibers can also lead to tooth mobility and eventual tooth loss. So, when gum disease is suspected, it is always advisable to visit a dentist and get them checked and cleaned if necessary.
These are some oral health practices which must be started early in life and followed religiously to get rich dividends.