Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhay
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhayYour feedback matters!
It is common belief that alcohol consumption is a social menace and is injurious to health. It is the third leading lifestyle causes of death in the United States and takes a toll on the health care costs of the country. Many organs like the liver, kidney, heart, and brain are affected in people who are addicted to alcohol. However, it has been proven that alcohol consumption in minor amounts can have beneficial effects on the human body including the heart.
The side effects depend on a number of factors listed below.
- Type of alcohol consumption (social or habitual drinker)
- Amount of alcohol consumed
- Frequency of drinking
- Age, gender, and genetic predisposition of the person to develop alcohol-related diseases
- Family history of alcoholism and its related diseases
- Age at which the person started drinking
- The number of years that a person has been consuming alcohol
- Overall health condition of the person
- Exposure to alcohol as a fetus
Like the adage goes, anything in excess is bad. It is not necessary that a habitual or social drinker who consumes a drink or two per week would end up with these issues. In fact, if recent studies are to be believed, mild to moderate intake of alcohol does have a benefit to overall health.
- The cardiovascular benefits are the most prominent. Red wine and beer, in particular, are shown to provide benefits against cardiovascular damage in the long run. This could be due to the antioxidant properties of red wine. Alcohol itself (ethanol or ethyl alcohol) also has a positive effect. Some varieties of beer, porter and stout varieties in particular, are also shown to be beneficial. The anti-inflammatory properties and antiatherogenic (effect on plaque formation in the blood vessel) are what contribute to these positive effects.
- There is evidence to show that cholesterol profile is improved (good cholesterol increase) and clotting function is improved in people who have mild alcohol consumption.
- The insulin sensitivity is also better, leading to better control of sugar levels.
- Light alcohol consumption also is believed to reduce the risk of hemorrhagic stroke. However, heavy alcohol consumption is believed to increase the risk of stroke and other cerebral events.
- Limited alcohol use is also linked with reduced risk of dementia. Heavy consumption leads to faster memory decline.
- The key to note is that these benefits are only when the alcohol consumption is mild to moderate. In excess, the negative effects of alcohol are well established and numerous. Some of the most significant ones being cirrhosis of the liver and cancers of various organs including mouth, liver, larynx, oesophagus, colon, breast, pancreas, etc. To reduce these effects, alcohol screening and brief counselling to reduce habituation are helpful.
My girlfriend isn't getting any periods from 2 months now we were having sex before 2 months but before sperm didn't get inside of her and it was unprotected sex but all the pregnancy test was -ve but still she's not getting any period what is happening with her.
My boyfriend cum outside my vagina, i'm still virgin now is there any chance that I will get pregnant since my period is bit late. Two days.
I'm 29 yrs, newly married. I wanted to know which an healthy age to conceive and have a child. How many months before we plan for a child should I start with vitamins and health checkups? Could you also advise me with the necessary medicines and test to be done before conceiving?
I am 25 years old. My periods have delayed by one month. I am gaining weight. Last year I had an abortion through medication. For last six months the duration of my periods every month is decreasing. What could be the reason.
I had an ectopic pregnancy with left tube removed. Now what precautions do I need to take so that it's not repeated.
My periods are irregular, usually occurs every 2 month sometimes normally every month. After scanning a doctor told me that no problem to worry it is because of PCOD but ovulation is normal. Yesterday i felt a smaall amount of bleeding but my periods was on 31 jan. Is there any problem doctor?
My wife is pregnant in 2nd month, please suggest foods good to health and also if anything which should not eat.
My friend is having a late period, her actual time is on 3rd of the month, and today's 21stof March. It's very late.Please help?
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.