Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhayYour feedback matters!
My husband has an enlarged liver that is causing him so much pain and he is having a hard time sleeping because the pain wakes him up. My question to you is can be take anything for the pain?
She is having a hardness in lower part of abdomen in some days. Mostly in morning. It may also be felt in either sides of the abdomen sometimes. Why it is so?
Before 3 days I have throat pain for take food .no cough. Next day small amount blood drop with mouth ones time next no blood drop with mouth.
My penis is so small 3 inches and it is bended in middle in handexperiment time please growth or do not bended techniques please to solve these problem, my family decided to marriage in next month.
From past 10 to 15 days m getting severe headache, bcoz of dat nt able to study o concentrate on dat. I got exams within few days, pls tel me what should b done to get rid off from head ache. N also wanna increase my concentration n memory power what to do for dis.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32. I have bp issue and hormonal imbalance .Recently I had third nerve paralysis too. My Mri says my pituitary gland is bulky needs hormonal evaluation. I am suppose to meet endocrinologist .I want to know what is the treatment for my problem. I take tablet cardace am 5 daily from 1 mnth. I also have infertility issue .Are all these problems co related to bulky pituitary gland .In between my periods also got delayed for 3 months. What are things I can do .Any diet changes. Kindly reply.
hi sir i want know that every After 15 days my night fall happen I feel very lazy what to do how improve my self.
Hi My head pains a lot from back side and forehead.Neck muscles are also stiff and nerves pains.Please suggest medication and excersise
I want to increase the girth and size of my penis to 6 inches. Please suggest me some exercise to enlarge mypenis.
Sir meri ek problam hai mera penis erect to hota hai pr jab mai apni foreskin ko piche pull karta hu to erection down ho jata hai or agar piche ki taraf pull na kru to erection full rehta hai. Please tell me how resolve this problam.
I have headache from last few months. Lt has been disturbing in my and paining a lot. How to get rid to it.
There are many people worldwide who suffer from heart problems (irrespective of their age and sex). While in most cases, the condition improves with proper treatment and medications, in few, the condition is beyond treatment. A heart transplant comes as a savior for such people. It gives them a new lease of life. The transplant involves replacing a heart that has stopped functioning normally (damaged or may be diseased) with a healthy heart (from the donor).
Over the years, heart transplant has undergone a sea of change. With the advancement of science and technology, the success rate in a heart transplant has seen an exponential rise.
People who need a heart transplant:
A heart transplant may be essential in the following cases.
- A congenital heart disorder (a person born with a heart problem).
- Defective or diseased heart valves.
- Amyloidosis (a condition where amyloid fibrils get deposed in the tissues and organs of the body intracellularly or extracellularly).
- Problems in the coronary artery.
- Cardiomyopathy (A condition where the muscles of the heart become weak, thereby affecting the normal functioning of the heart).
- A heart transplant that failed previously.
- Ventricular Arrhythmias (a condition that originates in the ventricles, in ventricular arrhythmias, the heart rhythms are abnormally rapid).
However, under the following circumstances, a heart transplant may not be a wise idea
- People with infections or chronic lung or kidney disorders.
- A case of cancer in the past.
- Age may be a deciding factor.The recovery from a heart transplant may not be 100% in an aged person.
The heart transplant procedure:
The first step in heart transplant is the availability of a suitable donor. In this case, a donor is a person whose brain is dead but the other organs, including the heart, is healthy and functioning properly. A surgeon performs three operations in a heart transplant.
- The first operation is essentially the removal of the healthy heart from the donor body. The heart is kept in a cool place, preferably ice (to keep the heart alive and in good condition until the heart transplant takes place).
- In the second operation, the recipient's damaged or diseased heart is operated out.The situation may, however, be complicated if the patient had a heart surgery in the past.
- The third and the final surgery involves implanting the donor heart into the recipient body (the recipient's upper heart chambers and the atrial back wall are however not removed).
- Once the implantation takes place (without any complications), the surgeons sew the heart into place.
- The blood vessels are then connected back to the heart and the lungs. The heart starts beating again once it is warmed up.
- To enable the patient to receive the nutrients and oxygen (during the heart transplant), the patient is put on a heart-lung machine.
- If no complications develop after the transplant, the patient is discharged within a fortnight.
In some unfortunate cases, there may be organ rejection. The condition arises when the recipient's immune cells see the transplanted heart as non-self (foreign agents). If left unattended, it may damage the heart. Immunosuppressant drugs can help avert the rejection. However, it is important to monitor the patient closely for any infections that may arise to the administration of the immunosuppressants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.