Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aarti Nimkar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti NimkarYour feedback matters!
Why it is paining during intercourse. And it in not first time to be in coitus .It having so many time. But every period of intercourse it paining when I used to do sex with my partner. Please suggest me why it is paining.
Is it good to use condoms. Or we should switch to copper T. Does any of the above may harm uterus. please help & give right prevention?
Hi Dr. After 5th week pregnancy. Today I found minor spot on my panty. It's serious problem. Wt I can do. Plzzz guide me.
I had questions about my wife not getting period properly it had delayed for 10 days when checked found positive. I have already 2 years kid and not willing to keep it. What to do.
Bakery Bread is calorie bomb:
The starches in bread get broken down quickly in the digestive tract and enter the bloodstream as glucose.
White bread has high glycemic index because it's made from refined grains that are rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels and increases risk for weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.
Even whole wheat bread spikes blood sugar faster than many candy bars!
When blood sugar goes up rapidly, it tends to go down just as quickly. When blood sugar goes down, we become hungry.
Bread contains lots of Gluten
Wheat contains a large amount of a protein called gluten. Gluten is a troublesome protein that appears to be doing more damage to our health than we initially thought. This protein has glue-like properties (hence the name gluten) responsible for dough’s viscoelastic properties.
This is found in traces in wheat, barley, and rye — pretty much any bread or pasta product has it. (Rice and corn are absolutely free from it)
It is believed that 30-50% or more of the population is gluten sensitive, thus are deteriorating their health by eating wheat.
Side effects of gluten
Low Nutrient Absorption
The only way to really know if you’re gluten sensitive is to remove gluten from your diet for 30 days and then reintroduce it and see whether it affects you.
Bread contains anti-nutrient substances
Most bread also contains the “anti-nutrient” phytic acid.
Phytic acid is a molecule that strongly binds essential minerals like calcium, iron and zinc, preventing them from being absorbed. This aggravates vitamin D deficiency.
Bread is extremely low in essential nutrients
There is NO nutrient in bread that you can’t get from other foods in even greater amounts.
Here are some other statistics about the huge loss of nutrients when white bread is made:
About 50% of all calcium is lost
70% of phosphorus
80% of iron
98% of magnesium
75% of manganese
50% of potassium and
65% of copper is destroyed when white bread is made.
80% of thiamin, 60% of riboflavin, 75% of niacin, 50% of pantothenic acid.
About 50% of Pyridoxine is also lost.
Bread raises the bad cholestrol
What this means is that whole wheat significantly harms blood lipids and may drastically raise risk of heart disease.
Myth: whole wheat is healthy
Whole Wheat is Just “Less Bad” Than Refined Wheat
It’s like comparing unfiltered cigarettes to filtered cigarettes. Filtered cigarettes are less harmful, but that does not make them healthy.
The ‘SAID’ healthy bread is also very rich in phytic acid.
Bleaching process ads toxins to the flour which may lead to cancer
The flour that is made into white bread is bleached with benzoyl peroxide. The bleaching process does nothing to clean the flour. It has no purpose other than to make the product more visually appealing, so that consumers will be more likely to purchase it. In the process, benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals and benzoic acid. Free radical species are well known to contribute to DNA damage and aging, and benzoic acid can cause contact irritation, discomfort, weakness, and malaise. When ingested, the agent can cause headache, nervousness, nausea, and vomiting.
In addition to the health effects mentioned above, benzoic acid also contributes to the destruction of beneficial intestinal bacteria. This increases chances of colon carcinoma.
Evils together- ketchup, jam and butter
Most common companions of bread are butter, jam and sauce/ketchup
Jam – High sugarà High glycemic index à Diabetes
Butter – High in saturated fatty acid. Main cause of heart diseases.
Ketchup – High acetic acid content – causes acidity, electrolyte imbalance.
High salt à High blood pressure.
>80 % part of catch up is non-nutritious.
Hey doctor. How to get rid of leucorrhea problem. Because of this problem I became skinny and my body is ache every time.
I am 24 year old. I have pcos. I got married 7 months ago. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting pain in left side lower abdomen and pelvis but no bleeding. I had ultrasound scanning 10 days back and it showed only small cysts nothing else. Please help me why I am getting the pain. I am really worried about it.
A good diet and great nourishment during pregnancy, and enough of it is very important for your infant to develop and grow. You need to take around 300 or more calories every day than you did before you get pregnant. In spite of the fact that sickness and nausea during the initial couple of months of pregnancy can make this troublesome for some women, one should attempt to ingest a wholesome diet and take pre-birth vitamins.
Here are a few suggestions to keep you and your infant healthy
- Lean meat: The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of each cell in your and your child's body. High-protein foods likewise keep your craving under control by settling your glucose. Glucose is the reason you need to go for three servings (that is around 75 grams) of protein every day. Lean meat is a superb alternative, since it is high in iron.
- High fiber food: Pick foods high in fiber that are enhanced, for example, whole grain breads, oats, beans, pasta and rice, and in addition foods grown from the ground. In spite of the fact that it is best to get your fiber from food, taking a fiber supplement can help you get bone strength and better digestion.
- Vitamins and minerals: Ensure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your everyday diet while pregnant. You should take a pre-birth vitamin supplement to ensure you are reliably getting enough vitamins and minerals consistently. Your specialist can suggest an over-the-counter brand or prescribe pre-birth vitamins.
- Calcium rich food: Eat and drink no less than four servings of dairy items and calcium-rich food a day to guarantee that you are getting 1000-1300 mg of calcium in your everyday diet during pregnancy.
- Iron rich food: Eat no less than three servings of iron-rich food, for example, lean meats, spinach, beans, and breakfast cereal every day to guarantee you are getting 27 mg of iron everyday.
- Iodine: While you're pregnant, you will require 220 micrograms of iodine a day to guarantee your infant's cerebrum and sensory system improvement. Consume milk and cheese.
- Avocados: These are stacked with potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6 (helps in tissue and mind development and also reduces morning sickness). Avocados are a delightful approach to get your vitamins. Spread some avocado on your toast in place of cheese or mayonnaise.
- Oats: Oats are loaded with fiber, B vitamins, iron and a large group of different minerals. Along with other complex carbs, they are pressed with fiber (help in getting rid of constipation). Fill your breakfast dish with them, yet do not stop there — add oats to flapjacks, biscuits, cakes, treats, and even meatloaf. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.