Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti MaskeYour feedback matters!
What is gastro endoscopy?
Gastroendoscopy is the visualisation of the oesophagus (aka food pipe), stomach, upper part of duodenum through a gastro-endoscopy. It is also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy and upper gi gastro-endoscopy.
Gastroendoscopy is an outpatient procedure which means the patient can go home straight after the completion of this procedure.
What is a gatroendoscope?
Gastroendoscope is a highly sophisticated instrument which is having a shaft of 9mm in diameter. It has got a fibre optic bundles passed through the shaft to transmit the light to the tip and the image to the endoscopist.
The adaptation of endoscopes to video monitoring system has been developed to use in computer chip technology and now it is in routine use in all endoscopy suites.
What are the symptoms which could suggest the requirement of a gastro endoscopy?
- Acid regurgitation
- Dysphasia (difficulty in deglutition)
- Water brash (watering regurgitation in the mouth)
- Excessive burping and hiccups
- Pain in the abdomen
- Constant feeling of fullness of the abdomen
- Distention of the abdomen
How can gastro endoscopy help in medical diagnosis?
During routine upper gi endoscopy the entire oesophagus, stomach and prioximal duodenum are examined. And it is very useful in making the diagnosis of:
- Oesophageal cancer
- Oesophageal varices
- Gastric ulcer
- Gastric polyp
- Cancer of the stomach
- Duodenal ulcer and
- Any space occupying region in the upper gi system
What do patients need to do for a gastro endoscopy procedure?
Patient has to be fasted for 6 or more hours to ensure an empty stomach. And it is being done by giving a topical anaesthetic. The anaesthetic is applied to the pharynx (throat) to numb the gag reflex. Sedation may be required for the procedure.
Ceaserian delivery ke baad kya unprotected sex kar sakte hai? Delivery ke baad menses nahi aye aur breastfeeding b continue hai toh kya hum bina protection ke sex karna chahiye?
I am having problem in my ovaries PCOD. I want to ensure that whether it will affect me or my body while doing sex. Or after sex. And if once I go for a safe sex, then in future if I hv to go through an ultrasound . Will the reports will tell that I had sex earlier ? Please give valuable information. .
I am 17 years old girl I need help to clear my doubt I got intimate with my boyfriend he touched my vagina but not ejaculate nor put finger later after few days he started rubbing genitals on mine but both time I wore clothes is there chances of missing period or pregnancy but sperms May not contact my ovum.
Pregnant. 3rd trimester just began. Too much pain on left waistline n thighs. Taking calcium n now calcium injection also intramuscular too. But no relief. Please suggest. Thanks.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
I got my baby delivered 9 month back but since then I lost my energy and stamina in me. Get exhausted very. Please provide me solution to my problem.
Health checkup before conceiving is important as a healthy mother is able to handle changes of pregnancy better. If there is any health problem, it should be evaluated and treated before pregnancy. Folic acid supplementation should be started 3 months before conceiving.
Make diwali healthier: try these 6 healthy desserts!
Diwali is an ancient indian festival and the most awaited one at that. Be it bursting crackers, meeting relatives or savoring mouth-watering sweets, everyone has a special reason to make merry during diwali every state of india celebrates this festival of lights with its own special dessert recipes. In an attempt to avoid overindulgence, here are some healthy sweets and desserts that you can try this festive season:
1. Sesame seeds laddoo
- for a change, you can avoid the boondi laddoos this diwali and instead opt for sesame which is a rich source of calcium and magnesium.
- this laddoo is prepared by dry roasting the sesame seeds and then grinding them to a powdery texture along with sugar and cardamom powder.
- you can replace sugar with jaggery which is a healthier option too. Add roasted peanut chunks to the laddoos for a crunchy twist.
2. Pumpkin delight
- forget the calorie-rich kheer and choose pumpkin this season to add the extra fibre and goodness of vitamin a to your pumpkin payasam.
- you can make this dessert using all healthy ingredients like mashed pumpkin, milk, sago, cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
3. Ragi treat
- why not embrace ragi as your favorite cereal and make some mouth-watering delicacy out of it.
- ragi or finger millet is known for its high protein and mineral content.
- combine ragi with the grand flavors of saffron and cardamom, roasted peanuts and dried coconut and you can make some healthy and delicious barfi.
- add jaggery for the sweetness. You can easily replace the usual high calorie kaju barfis with this delicious treat.
4. Coconut macaroons
- some delicious macaroons can be baked with the healthiest ingredients like coconut, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to taste and absolutely no oil content.
- once out of the oven, they have a hard texture and equally chewy feel from the inside.
- they make the best choice for an evening snack and are filled with goodness of coconut which help in digestion and also add a glow to your skin.
5. Date laddoos
dates (khajoor) are known for their iron content. Try to rope in the vitamins and minerals of dates to use them for ladoos instead of using besan (gram flour).
- in this recipe, dates are mashed till soft, heated in a pan with little coconut oil and then sesame powder is added to them while kneading them into a dough.
- add pieces of roasted cashew and cardamom powder to the kneaded dough for the flavor. When ready, roll them over sesame seeds for both the look and the taste.
- this is yet another treat for your sweet tooth without the harmful effects of either sugar or ghee (clarified butter)
6. Oats barfi
- when it comes to health, none can forget the ubiquitous oats. From breakfast to snacks, oats are the perfect choice for the health freak.
- this diwali make your favorite barfi with oats, anjeer (fig), dates, pistachios and flax seeds.
- use a little coconut oil in a pan and heat the mashed dates and coarsely ground roasted oats.
- add the other ingredients with a pinch of saffron and spread the dough it out in a flat dish.
- cut them into sizes you love and relish them with family.
Enjoy this diwali with your favorite sweets but without the sense of guilt with these exotic yet healthy recipes. Happy diwali!
My self lavanya. My body temperature is hot and I had Brown color discharge from my vagina. My period is on 11 I am 7 days late to my period am I pregnant.
I am thinking of planning a kid within 3 months do I need to take any medications for healthy baby as I was diagnosed for thyroid early so any precautions or dos and donts.
It’s that time of the year again, where 'a year is ending and the new year is going to start'. All of us want to put our best foot forward in the coming year. We want a new thinner, healthier, more energetic and flexible body next year. We also want to get back to our few years old skinny jeans. So, what are the new year resolutions for 2017 that will up our health quotient substantially?
Read on for the five hottest dietary changes to take care of your health:
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids is good for the heart. You can get Omega-3 by eating walnuts, fish and flax seeds. Omega-3 is also good for getting help with PMS and menopause symptoms.
- Pile up on veggies: Daily recommended intake of veggies is three servings or more. How many of us reach this target? And then we complain of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Veggies are our source for many important vitamins. So to tackle fatigue, muscle pains, low sex drive and vision problems, you can consciously eat more veggies the coming year.
- Fibre is key to health: Fibre found in veggies, fruits and whole grains is crucial for the health of the gut. Remember the adage that all diseases begin from the gut, so make fibre a part of your daily diet. Getting enough fibre will also prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and a number of cancers. It will also help you slim down. Remember that the recommended daily intake of fibre is 21 to 38 grams.
- Cut down on meat: This will be of great help to your heart because you will be eliminating a huge source of saturated fats which increases LDL that causes obstructions in heart arteries. Go for more tofu, soya and white meat.
- Treat sugar as enemy no.1: We all eat too much sugar. In fact scientists are calling sugar as the most potent drug of the 21st century and with good reason. Health hazards of excess sugar consumption include excess weight gain, abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides etc. Sugar also increases inflammation in the body and this is the cause of a number of deadly diseases. One sure-fire way to cut down on sugars is to stop eating out of packets. Yes, processed foods contain a lot of hidden sugars and fats. Nixing processed foods will up your health quotient naturally.
Start a food journal to keep track of what you eat and also convince your friends and family to join in your healthy New Year plans. This way, you will have a support system in place to keep you motivated and on the go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi Doctors, me and my wife trying for baby from 1 year but we did not succeed. My sperm report is good. My wife went for hsg test. And according to report her uterus shape is not proper. in report bicornuate uterus is seen. Apart from this everything is normal. My gynecologist not giving any clear treatment picture. Can any one please tell me how uterus will come in proper shape. What will be procedure or treatment for that?
I had sex 10 days back. My period which was due about 2 weeks back has not come. Seems I am pregnant. Please suggest ways to terminate pregnancy at this stage.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!