Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aarti Rapol
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti RapolYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I live with my boyfriend and we even had sex 4 days back and after that I took ipill tablet he didn't wear a protection. Now I don't know whether I am safe or not. Kindly leave a reply Thank you.
The area in and around anal region is some time affected with pain swelling and pus or watery discharges. This abnormal presentation may be due to anal fistula. It is characterized by a nodular swelling in or around anal region with occasional pain and watery or blood mixed pus discharge. The symptoms might be mild but as the time passes the fistulous tract may become deep and develop multiple branches with multiple openings. This makes the treatment more difficult. Therefore it is always advisable as soon as this condition is diagnosed it should be treated promptly to avoid further complications.
Causes: The causes of anal fistula are many. The major reason is the formation of pus. Incompletely cured abscess, microbial infection, ulcers, inflammation of anus and the region around it, and complications that arise out of a surgery can cause the anal fistula. The individuals suffering with diabetes, ulcerative colitis, malignancies and also individuals undergoing chemo or radiotherapy or having some other immune compromised conditions are prone to develop anal fistula.
Treatment: Practically it has been noticed that any amount of oral medications either from allopathy/ homeopathy or Ayurveda is not of much help. In allopathy the surgeons usually advice Fistulectomy i.e. complete excision of fistulous tract or VAAFT – Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment. However in both these case a fairly high incidence of recurrence has been noticed. In Ayurvedic surgery; Fistula has been categorized among eight diseases which are difficult to cure. A highly specific Ksharsutra procedure has been advised in Ayurvedic surgery to treat this problem. Subsequently, efficacy of this Ksharsutra therapy was compared with surgery in 1991. This clinical trial was conducted by Indian Council of Medical research at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh. They have clearly reported that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective as compared to surgery in the patients of Anal fistula. The recent concept of Graded Ksharsutra has further improved the efficacy of this therapy. Facility of Graded KsharsutraTM is available only at Sushruta Ano rectal Institute Rohini; New Delhi.
Ksharsutra Therapy: It is a highly specific and most effective amongst all available treatments for the patients of Anal Fistula. In this treatment; the first step consists of proper identification of fistulous tract with respect to depth, direction and branching pattern. This is usually achieved by careful probing or taking the help of MRI Fistulogram, Ultrasound etc. One the tract has been defined Ksharsutra is placed in the tract with the help of malleable probes under local anesthesia. Since there is no injury to the soft tissue hence no pain or bleeding is expected after this treatment. Patient can continue his routine activities as usual from the very first day. The Ksharsutra – medicated thread is changed at weekly interval. Usually the Fistula heals @ 0.5 to 1 cm per sitting. Therefore the anal fistula which is 4-6 cm long they usually heal in 8-10 sittings. After Ksharsutra Treatment the sphincter control remains normal and the fistula heals completely.
My wife experiencing a severe head ache last night and leg swollen as she is into her 7th month pregnancy and checked her with her Doctor who told that BP is 135/80 and told to admit immediately. Is there any serious problem? Kindly let me know.
Hello i am 28 years old. After a year ago I gone thru breast reduction surgery. After dat I realized my tummy fat increased very much. It becomes like a ball so tight and I always feel full. Im having insulin resistance problem mild pcos and having cervical spondylitis. Cuz of cervical and shoulder chronic pain I can not do any gym and any other workout. .weight increased very fast n now tummy become tight n round kind of. Help me is dat something I can do for get rid of dis fat n be fit again. I hv swt craving also n from long cuz of chronic pain im depressed even. Help.
I had sex with my girl friend. But I didn't insert my penis in to her vagina. I used my penis below d vagina and between the to lap joint. After doing sex in there I found my semen in her vagina outer layer. I searched in Internet is show their is 95 percentage of change to get pregnant. That the semen will move to the vagina. Is that true? She don't wants to get pregnant now. What she can do to avoid getting pregnant. She had her periods on 12 sept.(10 to 12 Sept)
Hello, My partner penis just touch with my vagina. No intercourse. Only precum here. Any Chance of getting pregnant? Please help.
We have more than 200 bones in our body and each of them is susceptible to bone cancer. However, long bones in the arms and legs are most susceptible to this condition. Bone cancer can be primary or secondary. Primary bone cancer involves uncontrolled and abnormal cell division within the bones while secondary bone cancer refers to cancer that originated somewhere else in the body and later spread to the bones. While children and adults are equally at risk for primary bone cancer, adults and elderly people are more susceptible to secondary bone cancer. If diagnosed early enough, bone cancer can be treated and even cured with surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
Hence it is essential to recognize the signs and symptoms of bone cancer. Here’s what you should look out for.
- Pain in Bones: Pain is one the primary symptoms of bone cancer. As the tumour grows larger, this pain can become more intense. In its early stages, the pain may be experienced as a dull ache inside the bone or the affected part of the body. It may also increase or decrease according to your activity level or may be experienced only at night. However, not all bone pains signify ‘cancer’ as this is also a symptom associated with osteoporosis.
- Swelling: In some cases, the abnormal growth of bone cells can result in the formation of a lump of mass that may be felt through the skin. In other cases, the affected area may also show signs of swelling.
- Breaking of the Bone: Cancer can weaken the bones and make them more brittle. This may make the bones more susceptible to fractures. A bone breaking in an area that has been painful or sore for a long period of time may be a sign of cancer. This is known as a pathologic fracture.
- Reduced Flexibility: If the tumour is located near a joint, it may affect the range of movements possible and make simple actions uncomfortable. For example, a tumour around the knee may make walking and climbing stairs a painful exercise.
Other symptoms to look out for are sudden and drastic weight loss, tiredness, excessive sweating at night, fever and difficulty breathing in case cancer has spread to other organs. Since many of these symptoms are common to other medical disorders, you should conduct a doctor immediately if you notice any of them. A physical examination and a couple of tests along with a biopsy will be required to confirm a diagnosis of bone cancer.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
- Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
- These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
- Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
- Several bacterial infections also lead to a sore throat.
- They may include strep throat, diphtheria, and whooping cough.
- Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
- Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
- This causes throat pain and inflammation.
- Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
- For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
- Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
- The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
- Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
- The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
- In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
- The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
- You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
- If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
- Gargling with warm, salted water.
- Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
- Having throat lozenges.
- Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
- Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!