Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aaditee AdkarYour feedback matters!
I am. Happily married in 2011 may, I have a three years daughter n a. Eight. Months son. My wife is 22 n I am 32, I try having anal sex sometimes but she isn't ready n it pains her, is it harmful n should I try as once I penetrated but she started crying n now refuses.
I am 31 years old m having thyroid problem it is now 139 n last 4 months back only I got married 4 months back I checked it was 172 nw it is 139 I am taking thyronorm 100 mg tablet pls suggest should I have to take precaution for pregnancy n if yes till when.
I am a 23 year old newly married women. I have itching in my vagina and for last 4-5 days. What should I do??
Left Breast developed a few lump like thick long tube and also recently its paining. What should I do as when consulted recently the Dr. Said its just a Breast Fibroids. Wanted to have a second opinion and to know if there is any Ayurvedic treatment for this.
Me n my girlfriend had pleasure with underwear n I ejaculated in my underwear n my girlfriend's underwear also became little wet with my sperm in the side of her underwear! Then she immediately washed the underwear with soap and wore the underwear while it was wet! Is there any chances of her becoming pregnant?
I am newly married I want pregnancy at what time we have do sex the problem is my period getting every month between 30 to 40 days.
My mother was undergone radical hysterectomy surgery on last month. Doctor has advised for radiotherapy treatment. But she is preferring homeopathy medicines. Please help me with this case as soon as possible.
Benefits of sugarcane juice
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An energy drink - sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (source: ayurhelp. Com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (gi) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.
6. Sugarcane juice is extremely rich in minerals which helps prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
My mom is suffering frm menopause n she is 50yrs in age. Some doctor prescribed her trenaxa capsules thrice a day to stop excessive bleeding, which helped a lot. But she got week after that. So the doctor then gave her iron capsules n then she got her periods again within 1day of taking this iron capsule. Wat shud v do? My basic concern is that my mom shud stop bleed n she shudn't get more week with that.
There are several herbal treatments available to help infertile couples and one such treatment is known as Ayurveda.
Ayurveda highlights the importance of a healthy body of the woman even before conception. Dried asparagus is used in the preparation of Ayurveda and it contains proteins, carbohydrates, natural steroids, and polysaccaroids. Infertile couples can use its tonic that revitalizes their reproductive system. This herb has proven extremely useful in the treatment of male side fertility problems i.e. premature ejaculation, impotence, lower sperm count, or less motile sperms. Visiting a reputable infertility clinic (link to sablok clinic goes here) will help you a lot.
Ayurveda is highly effective for female fertility problems and its regular use prepares a woman’s body for conception. Reproductive strength of the couple actually depends on the fitness of reproductive tissues in both man and woman. The woman releases her ovum as a result of her menstrual cycle while a man releases his semen (containing sperms) when his reproductive system receives stimulation from the environment. The reproductive cycle needs energy that the body gets from the digestion of food intake. As a result, when a person eats healthy food, he is likely to acquire a stronger body and powerful reproductive sperms, hence resulting in the production of healthy babies.
Ayurveda fertility treatment assumes the fertility to be the result of the transformation of sperm and egg and if there is any hindrance in the way, the process doesn’t occur. This process will not initiate unless it is rejuvenated by ensuring the health and strength of both egg and sperm. Ayurveda experts suggest that there are certain foods that strengthen the reproductive system better than others. These foods include milk, pomegranate, almonds, pumpkin, honey, and sesame seeds. Ayurveda also suggests a detoxification program that involves simple eating and a regular oil massage. The treatment emphasizes eating khichdi on daily basis as it considers it to be the best healing food. Besides khichdi, the patient should take spice tea to clear toxins in his or her body. Daily massage of sesame oil also helps in conception as it dilates the skin of the patient.
Ayurveda treatment specialists also recommend that the environment and preparation of making love and having sex is also important. It is necessary to set a background that contains an aromatic and romantic ambiance over a soothing and relaxing couch or bed. This union is very important in that two forces are going to merge together to produce a new life. Peace of mind is necessary to achieve success in the process. For more details you can contact us at our helpline number.
Hello, need urgent suggestion. I am 7 months pregnant and have gestational thyroid. Taking 75 thyroxine. But today by mistake instead of 75 I have taken 100 .now I am scared to death that I have done smthng thats going to harm my baby badly. please plz please suggest something.
Kissing is one of the joys of life - plus kissing someone deeply is hot, hot, hot! and you want to be safe, as well. The centers for disease control and prevention (CDC) considers open-mouth kissing low-risk for transmitting HIV, especially if both partners are without sores or cuts on the mouth or lips. Saliva has certain proteins that make it an extremely poor carrier of HIV. As a result, kissing, sucking, and licking the lips, mouth, and tongue are basically safe.
Blood, however, is an ideal carrier for HIV, the virus that causes aids, and if anybody's blood enters the equation (or a mouth), things can get more complicated. If an infected partner has blood in his or her mouth, an open-mouth kiss could lead to transmission of the virus through the other partner's mucous membrane lining the inside of the mouth.
I got married in june 2014. Due to some fear of sex in mind of wife due to this her vagina opposing to penetrate my penis actually she is penetrating penis with her hand. (It is normal to penetrate penis with her hand) But that time my penis not properly penetrate in vagina because of wife fear .And all sperm also not going to vagina. We are unable to do the intercourse continuously due to my site work. Now from last three month we are doing sex properly my wife penetrate penis properly my all sperm going to vagina. My semen report is normal. My wife mc is regular. But now I am at site and due to site work we are unable to do the intercourse continuously (6 month)ìn fertile period . As per doctor suggestion do the intercourse for six months for conceiving in fertile period .it is necessary to do the sex continuously at least six month for conceiving. We want baby now because we got married in 2014. We want baby asap can we go for IUF. FROM IUf we will get baby . It is expensive . What is the success rate? Please suggest and guide.
Sir/madam, We are just married couples after 3 years of love. After before and after our we tried many times to do sex. But we failed to contact. My vaginal opening is too small. Can insert only 2 fingers , and its too hard. First we thought its because any tension or some thing like fear. But for me now its really a problem now. My husband is very supportive but how can I solve this problem.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old. Under fertility treatment. Today taking hcg injection at 8 pm. When will have Intercourse to increase my chances of pregnancy. Pls reply ASAP.
I am 33 year male me & my wife had unsafe sex in 23/10/2015 she forgot to take medicine & we don't except a child right now so please help us what medicine she take or anything else we do. Very urgent.
Health benefits of garlic:
1. Garlic contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties. Garlic is a plant in the allium (onion) family. It is closely related to onions, shallots, and leeks. It grows in many parts of the world and is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong smell and delicious taste.
However, throughout ancient history, the main use of garlic was for its health and medicinal properties. Its use was well documented by all the major civilizations including the Egyptians, Babylonians, greeks, Romans and the Chinese.
Garlic bulbs and cloves
The entire “head” is called a garlic bulb while each segment is called a clove. There are about 10-20 cloves in a single bulb, give or take.
We now know that most of the health effects are caused by one of the sulfur compounds formed when a garlic clove is chopped, crushed or chewed.
This compound is known as allicin and is also responsible for the distinct garlic smell. Allicin enters the body from the digestive tract and travels all over the body, where it exerts its potent biological effects (which we’ll get to in a bit).
Bottom line: garlic is a plant in the onion family, grown for its cooking properties and health effects. It is high in a sulfur compound called allicin, which is believed to bring most of the health benefits.
2. Garlic is highly nutritious but has very few calories. Calorie for calorie, garlic is incredibly nutritious.
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of garlic contains (3):
- Manganese: 23% of the RDA.
- Vitamin b6: 17% of the RDA.
- Vitamin c: 15% of the RDA.
- Selenium: 6% of the RDA.
- Fiber: 1 gram.
- Decent amounts of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin b1.
- Garlic also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients. In fact, it contains a little bit of almost everything we need.
This is coming with 42 calories, with 1.8 grams of protein and 9 grams of carbs.
Bottom line: garlic is low in calories and very rich in vitamin c, vitamin b6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
3. Garlic can combat sickness, including the common cold. Garlic supplementation is known to boost the function of the immune system. According to a study, the average length of cold symptoms was also reduced by 70%, from 5 days in placebo to just 1.5 days in the garlic group.
Another study found that a high dose of garlic extract (2.56 grams per day) can reduce the number of days sick with cold or flu by 61%.
Bottom line: garlic supplementation helps to prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
4. The active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure. Cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes are the world’s biggest killers. High blood pressure, or hypertension, is one of the most important drivers of these diseases.
Human studies have found garlic supplementation to have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure. In one study, aged garlic extract at doses of 600-1, 500 mg was just as effective as the drug atenolol at reducing blood pressure over a 24 week period.
Supplement doses must be fairly high to have these desired effects. The amount of allicin needed is equivalent to about four cloves of garlic per day.
Bottom line: high doses of garlic appear to improve blood pressure of those with known high blood pressure (hypertension). In some instances, supplementation can be as effective as regular medications.
5. Garlic improves cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease. For those with high cholesterol, garlic supplementation appears to reduce total and/or LDL cholesterol by about 10-15%. Looking at LDL (the “bad”) and HDL (the “good”) cholesterol specifically, garlic appears to lower LDL but has no reliable effect on HDL. Garlic does not appear to lower triglyceride levels, another known risk factor for heart disease.
Bottom line: garlic supplementation seems to reduce total and ldl cholesterol, particularly in those who have high cholesterol. Hdl cholesterol and triglycerides do not seem to be affected.
6. Garlic contains antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Garlic contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. High doses of garlic supplementation have been shown to increase antioxidant enzymes in humans, as well as significantly reduce oxidative stress in those with high blood pressure
The combined effects on reducing cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as the antioxidant properties, may help prevent common brain diseases like Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
Bottom line: garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. It may reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
7. Garlic may help you live longer. Effects on longevity are basically impossible to prove in humans. But given the beneficial effects on important risk factors like blood pressure, it makes sense that garlic could help you live longer.
The fact that it can fight infectious disease is also an important factor because these are common causes of death, especially in the elderly or people with dysfunctional immune systems.
Bottom line: garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes perfect sense that it could help you live longer.
8. Athletic performance can be improved with garlic supplementation. It was traditionally used in ancient cultures to reduce fatigue and enhance the work capacity of laborers.
Rodent studies have shown that garlic helps with exercise performance, but very few human studies have been done.
Subjects with heart disease that took garlic oil for 6 weeks had a reduction in peak heart rate of 12% and improved their exercise capacity. Other studies suggest that exercise-induced fatigue may be reduced with garlic.
Bottom line: garlic can improve physical performance in lab animals and people with heart disease. Benefits in healthy people are not yet conclusive.
9. Eating garlic can help detoxify heavy metals in the body. At high doses, the sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity.
A four-week study in employees of a car battery plant (excessive exposure to lead) found that garlic reduced lead levels in the blood by 19%. It also reduced many clinical signs of toxicity, including headaches and blood pressure.
Three doses of garlic each day even outperformed the drug d-penicillamine in symptom reduction.
Bottom line: garlic was shown to significantly reduce lead toxicity and related symptoms in one study.
10. Garlic may improve bone health. No human trials have measured the effects of garlic on bone loss.
Rodent studies have shown that it can minimize bone loss by increasing estrogen in females.
One study in menopausal women found that a daily dose of dry garlic extract (equal to 2 grams of raw garlic) significantly decreased a marker of estrogen deficiency. This suggests that this garlic may have beneficial effects on bone health in women.
Foods like garlic and onions have also been shown to have beneficial effects on osteoarthritis.
Bottom line: garlic appears to have some benefits for bone health by increasing estrogen levels in females, but more human studies are needed.
11. Garlic is easy to include in your diet and tastes absolutely delicious. The last one is not a health benefit, but still important. It is the fact that it is very easy (and delicious) to include garlic in your current diet. It complements most savory dishes, particularly soups and sauces. The strong taste of garlic can also add a punch to otherwise bland recipes.
Garlic comes in several forms, from whole cloves and smooth pastes to powders and supplements like garlic extract and garlic oil. The minimum effective dose for therapeutic effects is one clove eaten with meals, two or three times a day.
However, keep in mind that there are some downsides to garlic, such as bad breath. There are also some people who are allergic to it.
If you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood-thinning medications, then talk to your doctor before increasing your garlic consumption.
The active compound allicin only forms when garlic is crushed or cleaved when it is raw. If you cook it before crushing it, then it won’t have the same health effects.