Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A V OswalYour feedback matters!
Good morning. My right wrist had a slightly twisted, was not a actual fracture. Had a plaster for 3 weeks however it did not get cured completely. It is not painful unless I twist it forward and backward. Please advise should I go n have a regular meals to fix this. Or should I consult doctor again.
Doctor I am going to toilet just after 2-3 minutes of taking lunch. And my lower legs pain so much sometimes Pls help
I am 42 yr old and suffering from pain in hips and hips joint in left more and allergic bronchitis, ameabiosis, gas.
Working as a software engineer after working for 2 to 3 hours getting back pain not able to sit and walk? Please advise.
I am 31 year old I have back pain in 20 days and my leg also pain in 20 days please you will suggest me why this problem for me in 20 days I am a working women.
Potli swedan is very effective therapy in back pain. It reduce inflammation, strength the muscle and tendons, relax the nerves and reduce pain. Potli swedan is the type of keraliya panchkarma, in which a panchkarma specialist make a potli with dry herbs powder or rice prepared in herbal decoction or different type of patra and dip the potli in warm oil, than give a tapping massage on back.
1. Ankylosis spondilytis
3. Slip disc
4. Buldging in spinal cord,
5. Acute pain
6. Pain due to injury
7. Degeneration of bones
8. Weakness of muscles
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from shoulder pain last 3 years. I have taken x-ray, but I am feeling well. Continuously I am suffering from this disease. I have visited famous doctors. But no one understanding my problem. I want to know which type of disease I have. please tell me sir.
She is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and she has high uric acid and high blood pressure also. And now a little bit of high sugar is reported in new reports .I am worried about my mother. Plzz suggest me the diet and do's and do not for her and what is the medication that we should follow.
I have pain in my knee. In age of 17. And I know it is not good. So please can you advise me what to do?
The human body allows for movement through the complex system of bones, muscles and joints. A break in the bone is medically known as a fracture and can be caused by constant stress, pressure or impact. It is common knowledge that with age, the bone strength decreases and incidence of fractures (osteoporotic fracture) increases. Based on the affected bone and impact, different types of fractures are commonly identified as:
- Complete: When the breakage of the bone is complete, producing two or more pieces, it is referred to as a complete fracture.
- Incomplete: When the breakage is incomplete, where the bone has cracked, but does not break into pieces, it is known as an incomplete fracture.
- Another type would be the open or closed fracture:
- Open fracture: When the skin is exposed and the bone breaks through this exposed skin, it is known as compound or open fracture.
- Simple or closed fracture: The bone breaks, but the skin continuity is maintained. Again, here are different types including hairline, greenstick, oblique, etc.
What is the reason behind a fracture?
A bone will fracture when force is applied to it that is stronger than the bone itself. A key factor in a bone’s susceptibility to fracturing is age. Both children and older people are prone to bone fractures. Children’s bones are constantly growing and have not reached their full strength. Elderly people have brittle bones with old age and are prone to develop bone diseases, making them susceptible to fractures.
How they are treated?
Splint and pain medications are commonly used. Closed reduction where the fracture is reduced without opening up the tissues and open reduction, where the tissues are opened up are common approaches to managing fractures.
Can they be prevented?
Especially with children and in the elderly, extra precaution should be taken to avoid any kind of injury and fracture.
- Develop an exercise routine to strengthen the muscles
- Manage weight
- Use the right footwear and exercise gear
- Watch your medications (avoid sleep inducing ones)
- Increase lighting in the room/home to improve clarity of vision for elderly
- Make the home/living area fall-proof by reducing clutter, using railing in the bathroom and bedrRhinoplastyoom, using rubber mat, etc.
- While a fall may seem inevitable, taking the above steps can help reduce the incidence and severity of a fall, thereby minimizing damage. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.