Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Khan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A KhanYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female. I Was diagnosed with 10 mm intramural fibroid. Some doctors suggested me to get married. I can't marry for around 2 years because of some reasons. I'm worried about it .Will it grow in size. Is there any complication. Or is the marriage only option? I had spotting between periods. No other symptoms. Please help.
A nutritious and balanced diet is one of the most important things for a growing child. Children have high energy and nutrient needs that are different from that of adults. During the growing stage, the body needs specific vitamins and minerals for proper development.
Busy lifestyles make it difficult for many parents to find time to prepare healthy meals. But fast food and many ready-made meals do not provide the essential nutrients that children need and often have high fat and sugar content that contributes to the obesity problem among youth.
If you do not have time to cook, at least make sure your child is not eating unhealthy food and be sure to include some superfoods in their diet.
Superfoods are natural foods packed with many healthy properties, including nutrients and antioxidants. Plus, superfoods are easily digestible and will help keep your child’s body and mind healthy.
My 3 year old daughter is suffering from cold and cough since last 10 days. Please suggest a good medicine and multivitamin for children.
We are Blessed with Baby Boy last week, he is healthier, and seems he is struggling and crying while going pee and motion, I am afraid of would it be like constipation issue, else what could it be. And how to identify the problem to resolve. We give Luke warm water and mother feeding only.
My daughter 4 years old, has severe motion sickness. She start vomiting within 15 mins after sitting in the car. We are going for a weekend travel to a hill station. Is there any effective medicine to keep her well and enjoy the journey.
My baby is 1 month old, I am feeding him directly from 15 days. Before that I have taken my milk through hand and sometimes by syringe. I was too painfully. After that while I am feeding my baby directly one of my breast is too painfully. My gynecologist suggested nipcare ointment & nipple shield. From 2 days I am using that, it was better while using but today I needed my baby directly so that I am facing that problem again. For every 5 minutes I am facing shoot out pain. Can you please suggest me the solution.
Homeopathy is a natural and mild form of medication. The remedies are natural substances, which have been diluted and potentized. Homeopathic medicines are best applied during childhood and work very effectively with children. A child's self-defense or immunity gets stimulated naturally towards a healthier state without any kind of side effects. Homeopathic remedies are very safe, effective and mild. They are especially effective for children, on the grounds that the remedies work by stimulating vitality of a child's body. Children have a higher vitality naturally and thus, homeopathic medicines are extra effective during childhood. Moreover, homeopathic medicines are soft globules, which dissolve in the mouth. They are easy to take and have a sweet, pleasant taste as well.
Here is a list of diseases and disorders, which are common during the childhood along with their homeopathic remedies.
- Chamomilla is used in case of painful teething during childhood. It is used when a child has got one hot cheek and one cold cheek.
- Coffea Cruda may be used to treat restlessness in teething children.
- Calcarea Phosphorica is another homeopathic remedy used for delayed and difficult teething in children.
- Dioscorea is the common homeopathic medicine for treating colic cramps in the abdomen.
- Colocynthis is also used to relieve intense cramps and pain in children. The irritability factor of the pain is treated.
- Magnesia Phosphorica treats colics with spasmodic or intermittent characteristics.
- Aconite is an effective homeopathic remedy for treating sudden fever. The child's skin is likely to be hot, and the temperature of the cheeks may differ.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum is used for treating fever that occurs due to inflammatory problems. This kind of fever gives you pale, red cheeks.
Irritability and restlessness:
- Passiflora is an ideal homeopathic relaxant for children.
- Avena Sativa is used when a child cannot sleep due to restlessness.
- Kali Phosphorica treats restlessness in children occurring because of over stimulation.
- Magnesia Phosphorica and Natrum Phosphoricum are other homeopathic medicines, which act as relaxants.
Cough and Cold:
- Ipecac is the best homeopathic remedy for constant coughing along with nausea.
- Aconitum Napellus is used when a child wakes up from sleep with a dry, hoarse cough.
- Spongia Tosta cures cold, croup and cough which start from the throat.
- Antimonium Tartaricum is the homeopathic medicine used when mucous accumulates in the chest, giving rise to coughing.
Homeopathy is best applied in childhood as a child is at risk of developing a number of diseases. A child's body is delicate and much more sensitive than adults and is prone to getting affected easily. Moreover, homeopathy is natural and is the safest form of medicine for children. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.