Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Kadam
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A KadamYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor normally my 7 months old baby pop 2 to 3 times per day. But nowadays it is nearly 10 times. Suggest me what your do.
My daughter who is 2 years and 8 months is suffering from boiled watery pimples which r getting burst n becoming black again new r starting, she is also feelings itching. She had the same problem earlier also twice I had given her azithromycin 200 on doctors prescription, so now also from 3 days I have been going the same syrup but she is not recovering pls suggest what to do.
My 5 years old son is suffering from severe cold n his nose is blocked during night n also sneezes a lot.
My 15 months old baby girl refuses all time to eat her meal. I am depressed for her intake. I just need an advice how to make her eat and see her healthy.
My 4 year old son is having recurring fever of 102 from yesterday ,he has cold, cough and sometimes complain of stomach ache, now after he got up from sleep he got his eyes red too. Doctor prescribed taximo and calpol, sinarest.sometimes says as vomiting feeling. What should be done next.
My son is 2years and 10 months now. He does not take food properly, his intake is very very low. Often he tries to vomit and gets vomiting sensation. For ex: he asks for banana and if we feed him the same, sometimes he eats fully and sometimes he tries to vomit. Also once in 4 or five months he gets vomiting and stomach upset issue. We beg for your kind advice. I am writting this with tears. Please advice. Thanks a lot.
I regularly can see some food particles in my baby stool. It happens even when she passes good quality stool. I can see tomatoes, dhaniya leaf, carrots and beans. Is this a problem of digestion? My baby is 2 years 4 months old. She suffers from constipation also.
I have 2 month baby. She is on breast feed. We had sex yesterday without any precaution. Then I am much worried. Please suggest any tablet which we use for 72 hrs for contraceptive. Please suggest me.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.