Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Internal Medicine Specialists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arnab Ghosh
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Arnab GhoshYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
We all pride women’s day, but overlook women, the vital of the family very next day. Your family is completely dependent on her. Today’s woman is not just a home-maker to make your home a heaven, but she has many roles to play in daily life. She is not just wife, mother, sister, or daughter; she is entrepreneur, doctor, engineer, even ias officer. She is woman. Being woman is not easy daily she has to struggle against the time while balancing work with home. What happens when she get down with health, you feel helpless, there is chaos at home, room messed up, no clean utensil available. Then you urge that your woman stay healthy. Do you know 68% working women suffer from lifestyle diseases? you can be her doctor. See how
Obesity: While working long hours on stretch at desk she gets hungry and bing on fast (junk) food to satiate her hunger immediate to get back to work, that affects her weight and this weight gain (obesity) result in other health issues like diabetes, raise blood pressure, heart problem, polycystic ovarian diseases. Also sedentary life with controlled environment and no or less physical activity may add more kilos to her weight.
Your responsibility: Struggling with weight may affect her mental and physical calmness. You can help her by calling her every hour to remind that she must get up from work-station and walk for 10-15 minutes. Also tell her to have fruits instead of junks in between meal when she feels hungry while working.
Depression or general anxiety disorder:
Working woman suffer depression frequently in comparison to house-wife due to role conflict. She is supposed to be the additional financial hand while carrying out traditionally attributed duties of domestic chores. Anxiety to balance work and home, direct her to stress, not just physical but mental as well. The cause (s) such as target deadlines, lack of sleep, poor nutrition, lack of physical activity, contribute to depression. It has been predicted that depression would be the 2nd major cause of disability worldwide by 2020.
- Your responsibility: This is wrecking situation, being her companion, you can prevent this by helping her at home. Give her a break and surprise her with her favourite dress, take her to her favourite restaurant, cook her favourite dish or take her to her favourite place. Let her relax, take her to morning walk. She will feel greatest when you make her a list of food items so that she gets healthy diet.
- Chronic backache: Back pain is a very common complaint among women. As result of long working hours working women may suffer more. She don’t get adequate rest even having pain she keeps on working, this may consequence in chronic pain. Physical inactivity is another culprit that makes the back more vulnerable to it.
- Your responsibility: Tell her to relax in between while at desk and avoid long hours sitting at one posture. Give her back massage to relax her muscles. Keep some pain ointments or sprays to give her immediate relief. Advocate some exercises to keep her back strong and flexible.
- Infertility: Infertility in women is a curse. Owing to stress, obesity, unhealthy dietary habits, inactive physically due to erratic working hours contributes in exacerbating infertility among working women.
Your responsibility: it’s good news if there is no pathology in her reproductive organs. Keep her in confidence that it’s not fertility that is bonding you both. It’s the love that connects you together. Help her to avoid stress or handle stress, retain weight, maintain physical activity, have healthy diet.
Diabetes and heart (cardiovascular) diseases:
There are many researches that says more than 50% of women are at higher risk of heart (cardiovascular) diseases because of unhealthy life-style. Also diabetes type-ii has been associated with working women.
Your responsibility: Talk to her, ask her if she has any work stress, try to solve her issues. Help her complete the work. Advice her to avoid simple carbohydrate (sugar).
When to seek doctor?
There is always risk associated with hectic life style of working woman. You need to look after her and address the condition well in advance so as to diagnose at an early stage. On time treatment has better scope. Consult a doctor when she is not improving after your efforts. Get her blood sugar done if she is showing signs of diabetes. Get her ecg done if she shows any sign of heart problem. Get her x-ray done, if back pain persists. Consult a psychologist if she develops depression. Infertility may require specialist.
A healthy woman is fundamental to healthy family. You must realize the vital part of your family, woman, that wishes care and love to look after her as she does for your family.
Few months before I have only one white hair. Now they slowly moving into the white hairs more .my age is 24 give exact solution how to convert into black hair. Please help me ah doctor.
My age is 32 and my height is 5.9 but according to my age my weight is 95 kg. Please advise me what to do to control my body weight.
Sir, I have scalp dermatitis. I consulted derma doctor. He prescribed saldan shampoo, ultiderm lotion, imxia lotion with keraboost tablet for 2 months. I have thyroid problem. For past 7 yrs. I took thyroid test, vitamin b and iron test. Everything is normal. But still I face lot hair fall. Almost 60 hair strands per day. I am in treatment for past 6 months.
Thyroid disorder and weight loss
Most of the time, underlying the thyroid disorder is years of abuse of our body.
When you don't take proper care of your own nutrition, sleep and invest time for proper exercise, at some point various hormonal systems of the body go out of sync.
It is very important to have your thyroid hormones as tablets as per your doctor's prescription and adjust the dose with a periodic check up. And just doing it may reduce your weight little bit. But it will not be enough. You need to work on the root cause of this issue.
Avoid all junk food and all sweet food. Low fat - low calorie diets does not work for the majority of people. Eat wholesome nutritious food full of fibers, good quality fat like ghee and coconut etc. Don't focus on calories but on nutritional density and diversity.
Simultaneously working on exercise and diet will surely help. You do not have to do rigorous exercise to lose weight but start with something small. Let us say 8-minute workout.
Best rate to lose weight is 1/2 kg per week. If that happens, it is least likely to go high again in future.
Trying to lose weight in very short time will need some form of crash diet. Even if you lose weight doing this kind of crash diet, you will get it all back in no time and all the gain will be mainly fat. Not good for your health.
Be gentle and patient with yourself. Demonstrate commitment to your persistent efforts. Make a comprehensive change in diet, exercise, sleep and stress in your routine. This is called lifestyle medicine. If you can not do it on your own, find some expert who can help you in this over an extended period of time.
I had Bronchitis problem since 10 years . I am suffering with coughing severely. Is there any permanent solution to this. I had taken lot of medicines every year. I fed up with medicines Give permanent solution.
I have a problem that my gets over heated means my body temperature is high all the time, to other people it seems that I am in fever. So please tell me the solution hws the temperature reduced to normal.
My weight is 75 kg and I am 43 yrs old lady. It is not decreasing anyhow. I cannot go regularly to jim nor walking due to busy schedule. Please advise how can I reduce my weight.
It will be the second most sought after system, second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics, in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs, for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases, it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases, it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more. And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk. Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis – Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis, glaucoma, recurrent stye or hordeolum, etc
Allergic rhinitis, recurrent tonsillitis, pharyngitis, epistaxis, adenoiditis, chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear, sinusitis, nasal polyp, laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders, infertility and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes, night sweats, headaches, fatigue, anxiety and depression. Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception, reduce morning sickness, remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia, Mania, Depression, Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety, Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders, Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia, Social phobias, Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, diabetes and adrenal problems.