Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A A Shaikh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. A A ShaikhYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old suffering from a skin disease from my childhood onwards. It goes on spreading on my body and on my face. I have shown to many doctors. Some said it as Epiloia and some said as Keloid. But I don't know what is that. I m fedup with the medicines. And I am losing my hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
I am 32 years old man I have feeling badly sensitively teeth problem, you can't imagine that, I can't bite any thinks I use to swallow please tell me which the best pest for that I used a lot paste eg sensodent.
I am suffering from halitosis from last 15 years. Its a serious problem for me. I went to many doctors but none of them found treatment for it.
Mujhe cold hora h. Cough bhi h . Aur ears block ho rakhe hein. Theek karne k liye kya kr sakta hoon m.
Fibre is crucial for proper digestion and 85 % immunity of the human body is due to digestion alone. Scientists have recently concluded after years of study that the human brain and gut are indeed connected. This leads us to the question whether we are looking after our guts to stay healthy and fit for years to come?
Consider this modern diets have left millions worldwide with deficiency of fibre. And, this is really alarming because high - fibre foods help to guard against cancer, heart disease, kidney stones, PMS, obesity and diabetes.
Fibre comes in two varieties- soluble and insoluble. Soluble fibre turns to gel in the stomach, slowing digestion, which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar. Insoluble fibre remains untouched all the way to the large intestine aiding in proper evacuation of the GI tract. Since fibre is never absorbed into the body, you have to eat sufficient quantities of it every day. Experts suggest that you need 25-38 gm of fibre each day in your diet. But how do you get this amount?
Here is a list of 10 high- fibre foods for jacking-up fibre content
- Legumes like split peas or ‘dals’: Fibre content - 16.3 gm per cup. Eaten as a staple food in India, split peas are full of proteins and fibre. They can be had in soup, stew and dal form.
- Lentils like quinoa: Fibre content - 15.6 gm per cup. They are also good source of protein, iron, folate, manganese and phosphorous.
- Artichokes: Fibre - 10.3 gm per medium vegetable. Reservoir of vitamins A, C, E, B, K, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, Artichokes are one of the top most high antioxidant food.
- Peas: Fibre - 8.8 gm per cup. They are also filled with protein, Omega-3s, vitamins and folates and contain insoluble fibres
- Broccoli: Fibre - 5.1 gm per cup. A power packed cruciferous vegetable, full of anti-oxidants.
- Brussels sprouts: Fibre - 4.1 gm per cup. Contains balance of soluble and insoluble fibre apart from nutrients like vitamins C, K, B1, B2, B6, folate and manganese.
- Oatmeal: Fibre 4 gm per cup. Great for breakfast with milk!
- Flax seeds: Fibre - 3 gm per tablespoon: Tonnes of nutrients are packed in the humble flax seeds. They contain protein, thiamine, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. They reduce cholesterol and help ease symptoms of menopause.
- Avocados: Fibre 6.7 gm per half fruit raw. Pack with the goodness of vitamin C, E, B6, folate, vitamin K and potassium. Contain healthy fats that help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pears: Fibre - 5.5 gm per medium fruit. This fruit contains Omega-6 fatty acids which helps keep the cells in brain and nerves healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!