Submit a review for www.sexclinicpune.in Satyam ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Praveen Bhalerao to be very helpful. Really helpful
Sex is an extremely personal and subjective matter. Different individuals relate to and indulge in sex differently. The idea of sex also varies from person to person and may not always fit the stereotypical penile-vaginal penetrative intercourse.
There is no way of determining exactly how much sex is good and how much of it is too much. Some people like to be sexually active with thorough regularity while others find comfort in abstinence. Age also plays an important role here with people between the ages of 18-29 indulging in higher levels of sexual activity than those who are middle-aged or elderly.
The different levels and frequencies of sexual activity have varying degrees of impacts on the overall mental, physical and sexual health of a person. There are numerous health benefits attached to having an active sex life, which manifests themselves in both the body and the mind.
The health benefits of having sex are -
As per studies conducted, it has been shown that having sex, at least, two times a week can boost overall physical and mental health. The many health benefits of being sexually active are as follows:
- It improves immunity and makes the body more resilient to diseases
- It improves bladder control in women and prevents urinary incontinence
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men
- It improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- It acts as a stress reliever
- It improves functioning of the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease
- It reduces sensitivity to pain
There are several other benefits of sex, which include the effective healing and nurturing of the body in a holistic manner.
Is there a limit to having sex?
A large number of people all around the world are concerned about their carnal compulsions and frequently approach sex therapists about what frequency of sex constitutes as a 'healthy' dose.
There really is no such thing as too much sex. But if overindulgence in sexual activities causes a disturbance in everyday activities such as work, classes, household responsibilities and other obligations, it becomes a problem. If such a situation arises, it might be signs of a sex addiction in which case it is important to consult a sexologist or sex therapist. Ideally, having sex two times a day is good for your body, mind and soul.
Anal sex using condom can makes a girl pregnant or not explain in detail and what is the safe period of doing anal sex means how many days before or after a girl periods.
HIV, which is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, penetrates your body and directly attacks your immune system. In this process, the virus weakens your body's natural defense mechanism against diseases and infections. A compromised immune system makes the body prone to minor infections, which healthy people would generally overcome. The virus itself doesn't cause any physical symptoms. It only serves to ease the entry of other bacteria and viruses into the body.
The following are some of the ways HIV affects your body:
1. Immune system - The human immunodeficiency virus destroys CD4 cells, the white blood cells that help the immune system ward off foreign substances. If left unchecked, HIV can develop into AIDS. During such time, the virus may damage the immune system to an extent that it wouldn't be able to ward off minor infections that a healthy immune system would. A person with HIV could thus suffer from fever, chills, sweats, shortness of breath, white spots in the mouth, fatigue, skin rash and weight loss from time to time.
2. Respiratory system - As HIV develops into AIDS, the body can contract infections such as pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP), tuberculosis and Kaposi's sarcoma. These conditions lead to serious respiratory problems. PCP is found to be one of the most common infections among people with HIV. 85% of the people would develop the infection if the condition is left untreated.
3. Skin problems - As in healthy individuals, many skin conditions can also occur in people with HIV or AIDS. But a compromised immune system heightens the condition and causes difficulty in treatment. Dermatitis, psoriasis, and hives are common conditions. They are also prone to a rare type of skin cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma.
4. Gastrointestinal System - Gastrointestinal disorders are the most common ailments for people diagnosed with HIV and AIDS. Problems faced include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain and gastrointestinal bleeding. 50% of the people suffering from HIV encounter gastrointestinal disorders at some point of their illness. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since it is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It is no surprise that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy:
1. During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
2. The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
3. The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
4. Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
5. Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
5 lifestyle changes that directly improve your sex life
You can improve your sexual experience as well as any sexual problem that you may encounter by adopting healthy lifestyle habits. A healthy lifestyle is vital for experiencing sexual arousal, which requires your overall health and cardiovascular system to be in their best form.
These 5 lifestyle changes will help you to achieve your goal:
1. Quitting smoking
Smoking causes the development of a condition known as vasoconstriction (which is a contraction of the blood vessels that brings about a decrease in blood flow), not to mention damage to the veins and arteries. The small veins in the penis are typically more prone to this kind of damage. The only way you can prevent this kind of damage from happening is by kicking this habit. As a consequence, you experience an increase in your sex drive as well as an improvement in your sex life.
2. Exercising regularly
Exercising regularly enables your body's cardiovascular system to remain healthy and this is important for maintaining and sustaining an erection as well as increasing your sex drive. It is also believed that exercise can increase sex hormones and endorphins level in a woman's body, apart from helping her to improve her body image.
3. Having a healthy diet
For good sexual health, you need to have fruits and vegetables that are rich in anti-oxidants such as strawberries, oranges, spinach or broccoli and omega-3 fatty acids rich food options such as walnuts, flaxseeds, salmon or tuna. Taking supplements can also help in boosting your libido.
4. Limiting your drinks
Drinking in moderate amounts can help in protecting you from heart disease and certain cancers. But if you have too much of alcohol, it can act as a depressant and lead to anxiety problems as well as a host of sexual problems including delayed ejaculation, erections, and vaginal dryness. Ideally, you should have one drink a day if you're a woman and two in the case of men.
5. Reducing stress
Cutting down your stress levels can see your sex life improving for the better. This is because it raises the levels of hormones that get in the way of your sex hormones, namely, cortisol or stress hormone, and adrenaline (a hormone produced by the adrenal gland). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Everyone can understand that men feel very angry and sad when they are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. However, not many know that if these feelings are not dealt with then you may suffer from depression as well as erectile dysfunction. The statistics agree with this statement that 82% of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction also suffer from depression. The science also agrees with this statement that depression causes chemicals in your brain to get out of balance and this may mean that you have lesser sexual desire and perhaps even impotency. Here is how to diagnose as well as cope with erectile dysfunction and depression.
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
2. Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
3. Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
4. Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression.
Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
1. Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
2. Therapy: Therapy is performed by a licensed mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sex during pregnancy should be:
- Avoiding during first 3 month and last 3 month of pregnancy
- You can have normal sex during 4th to 6th month of pregnancy
- Avoid female on top position
- Side position is very safe
Masturbation is natural God Gift to human being to satisfy themselves without partner.
It is safe. No risk of AIDS and other STD Disease.
Doesn't affect sexual life.
It is myth that it causes sexual weakness.
Young age group below 40 years
Can have sex twice or thrice a week.
Usually, twice a week sex is considered healthy sex.
U should have at least have 2 to 3 times sex in a month if very busy
To keep charm in your life.
Sexual position hardly matter in sex.
Just like you eat ice-cream in any position either sitting standing or sleeping taste doesn't change
Like wise during sexual intimacy sensation of penis to vagina or visa versa remain same.
What matters is your emotional intimacy to your partner.
There are certain practices, that even though most of us enjoy doing, but are afraid to discuss in public, for the fear of being shunned by the society. But we fail to understand that these things have the potential to enhance our relationships with our partners. An active sexual life and appetite is one where the sexual interest, excitement and peaks all take place on a regular basis with the help of foreplay, intercourse, masturbation and even watching porn. That's right, watching porn can actually improve your sexual relationship. While it has been shunned traditionally as something that may lead to exaggerated expectations and too much inertia when it comes to real time stimulation, porn can actually work as a tool that improves your sexual experience. Here's how!
- Intimacy: It is now a well documented fact that emotional and sexual intimacy can be built when a couple masturbates and watches porn together. This creates the grounds for discussions as far as sexual preferences go. Intimacy can help people explore their sexual side in a more uninhibited manner, which makes for a more qualitative sex life.
- Foreplay: Watching porn can actually do most of the work that foreplay usually does. It can also save you time and add entertainment to your sexual routine even as it gives you ideas about what you can try. Foreplay becomes more intense and pleasurable when you are watching porn as a part of sexual excitement before reaching your peak!
- Women Centric Porn: Watching women centric pornography can help in increasing the excitement for the male partner and helping the female partner in associating with the movie that would be playing. This can help both partners get into the mind set with a more acceptable and realistic form of depiction.
- Loyalty: Watching porn together builds a certain trust factor because both partners are exposing a side of themselves that no one else would have seen. And when the partners are open to trying out the things that each fantasises about, but could not express without the pornographic film, it also creates a basis for loyalty as the partners will not have the need to try those unfulfilled desires with anyone else outside the relationship.
- Unique: Watching porn can keep things feeling new and fresh. It gives new ideas and helps the partners envision each other in new role play and with improved techniques that can titillate and stimulate both partners. This ensures that the excitement remains in the relationship also.
It is a well known fact that sex is the glue that pretty much holds most relationships together. So keeping yourself attractive and creating a basis for your partner to be able to see you in varied and exciting scenarios can be helpful for your sexual health. So, it is important to use tools like porn in moderation for sexual satisfaction.