Everyone can understand that men feel very angry and sad when they are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. However, not many know that if these feelings are not dealt with then you may suffer from depression as well as erectile dysfunction. The statistics agree with this statement that 82% of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction also suffer from depression. The science also agrees with this statement that depression causes chemicals in your brain to get out of balance and this may mean that you have lesser sexual desire and perhaps even impotency. Here is how to diagnose as well as cope with erectile dysfunction and depression.
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
2. Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
3. Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
4. Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression.
Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
1. Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
2. Therapy: Therapy is performed by a licensed mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
There are certain practices, that even though most of us enjoy doing, but are afraid to discuss in public, for the fear of being shunned by the society. But we fail to understand that these things have the potential to enhance our relationships with our partners. An active sexual life and appetite is one where the sexual interest, excitement and peaks all take place on a regular basis with the help of foreplay, intercourse, masturbation and even watching porn. That's right, watching porn can actually improve your sexual relationship. While it has been shunned traditionally as something that may lead to exaggerated expectations and too much inertia when it comes to real time stimulation, porn can actually work as a tool that improves your sexual experience. Here's how!
- Intimacy: It is now a well documented fact that emotional and sexual intimacy can be built when a couple masturbates and watches porn together. This creates the grounds for discussions as far as sexual preferences go. Intimacy can help people explore their sexual side in a more uninhibited manner, which makes for a more qualitative sex life.
- Foreplay: Watching porn can actually do most of the work that foreplay usually does. It can also save you time and add entertainment to your sexual routine even as it gives you ideas about what you can try. Foreplay becomes more intense and pleasurable when you are watching porn as a part of sexual excitement before reaching your peak!
- Women Centric Porn: Watching women centric pornography can help in increasing the excitement for the male partner and helping the female partner in associating with the movie that would be playing. This can help both partners get into the mind set with a more acceptable and realistic form of depiction.
- Loyalty: Watching porn together builds a certain trust factor because both partners are exposing a side of themselves that no one else would have seen. And when the partners are open to trying out the things that each fantasises about, but could not express without the pornographic film, it also creates a basis for loyalty as the partners will not have the need to try those unfulfilled desires with anyone else outside the relationship.
- Unique: Watching porn can keep things feeling new and fresh. It gives new ideas and helps the partners envision each other in new role play and with improved techniques that can titillate and stimulate both partners. This ensures that the excitement remains in the relationship also.
It is a well known fact that sex is the glue that pretty much holds most relationships together. So keeping yourself attractive and creating a basis for your partner to be able to see you in varied and exciting scenarios can be helpful for your sexual health. So, it is important to use tools like porn in moderation for sexual satisfaction.
I got ejaculation by rubbing in bed with in 30 second and my penis does not erect that much. Size of my penis is small. Moreover I have feet fetish and submissive in nature. Please suggest .how to cure.
Low libido can affect a relationship in a big way. Time and again, an individual, irrespective of their age, gender or occupation can go through phases of low libido. Decreased sexual desire over a longer period of time needs thorough investigation. It could be an indication of something big and serious lying ahead.
Critical factors that attribute to low libido are:
- Stress: An individual's mental and emotional state is greatly reflected in their sexual performance. A sound mental health can enhance a performance thousand folds. On the contrary, factors like depression, anxiety and stress, lowers the sexual desires in a person. To enjoy a healthy and normal sexual life, it is important to keep stress and chronically blue moods at bay.
- Sound sleep: The benefits of a sound sleep are beyond imagination. A good 6 - 8 hours of sleep can do your sexual desires or libido a world of good. A sleep deprived soul will be agitated and cranky, both on and off the bed. Continuous sleep deprivation can also lower the testosterone level, resulting in low libido.
- Smoking: A killer habit, which affects a person's sexual activity is smoking. Drug abuse and drinking (to some extent) can be equally responsible for a low libido.
- Change in weight: A sudden change in body weight (gain or loss) can play a significant role in low libido. Take pride in your body structure. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Take a break: Boredom can mask your sexual life greatly. Break the monotony, take short breaks, go on vacations and low libido will be a thing of the past.